Why hasn't Sidney Rice been cut or restructured yet?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Basis4day":2gs8qq3p said:
Sturm":2gs8qq3p said:
Hawknballs":2gs8qq3p said:
what will happen is that he will be released after the superbowl for a 2.4m dead money cap hit and then its over with.

So he's only on the books for 2.4MM next year and that's it? I thought it would be much more than that.

When this current season is over, he is only has 2.4 million guaranteed. If he was to remain on the roster next year he is owed 9.7 million. So if he was cut in the off-season he is owed the 2.4 million. This was before he got hurt though.

by the time this season is over he'll have earned all his gauranteed money via salary and signing bonus.

Signing bonuses are divided into cap charges each year of a contract.

His contract was for 5 years with a 6m signing bonus. the bonus is prorated over 5 years @ a 1.2m cap hit per year.

Since he will have 2 years left on his contract if he is cut, both the remaining years come due next year for a cap hit of 2.4m in dead money.

He has already received the signing bonus (when he signed the contract), but the 'hit' of the bonus is divided along the years of the contract.

He earned his signing bonus of 6m and 2m/7m respectively in salary his first two years for a total of 15m. Given his his contract of 18.5m gauranteed and his salary this year of 8.5, he'll be earning roughly 5m over his guarantee this season.

The team could waive him injured and try to come up with a settlement amount but i doubt they would do that.

Best to just eat the 5m. It's not like they are doing anything else with the money and you don't want to have a reputation for hosing your players if they play hard for you and get hurt doing it.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Hawknballs":25g4vder said:
Basis4day":25g4vder said:
Sturm":25g4vder said:
Hawknballs":25g4vder said:
what will happen is that he will be released after the superbowl for a 2.4m dead money cap hit and then its over with.

So he's only on the books for 2.4MM next year and that's it? I thought it would be much more than that.

When this current season is over, he is only has 2.4 million guaranteed. If he was to remain on the roster next year he is owed 9.7 million. So if he was cut in the off-season he is owed the 2.4 million. This was before he got hurt though.

by the time this season is over he'll have earned all his gauranteed money via salary and signing bonus.

Signing bonuses are divided into cap charges each year of a contract.

His contract was for 5 years with a 6m signing bonus. the bonus is prorated over 5 years @ a 1.2m cap hit per year.

Since he will have 2 years left on his contract if he is cut, both the remaining years come due next year for a cap hit of 2.4m in dead money.

He has already received the signing bonus (when he signed the contract), but the 'hit' of the bonus is divided along the years of the contract.

He earned his signing bonus of 6m and 2m/7m respectively in salary his first two years for a total of 15m. Given his his contract of 18.5m gauranteed and his salary this year of 8.5, he'll be earning roughly 5m over his guarantee this season.

The team could waive him injured and try to come up with a settlement amount but i doubt they would do that.

Best to just eat the 5m. It's not like they are doing anything else with the money and you don't want to have a reputation for hosing your players if they play hard for you and get hurt doing it.

I apologize, yes that's correct. I should have phrased it in terms of cap hit rather than when Sidney actually gets the money.

vant

Reaction score
We didn't get Harvin because of Bevell, we got him because of Carroll.

Pete tried really hard to recruit Percy to USC. Unfortunately that didn't pan out.

There is a mic'd up shot of Pete telling Percy "we shoulda had ya" last year when Min was @ Seattle.