Why Nazair Jones moved to 5-technique - Matty Brown

Jville

Reaction score
I have a good feeling about what the competition for the 5-technique role will likely produce this year with all the "big end" types on the roster.

Link >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/7/19/20700746/nazair-jones-seattle-seahawks-nfl-projection-scout-5-technique-defensive-end-pete-carroll-schneider[/urltargetblank]

Enjoy :biggthumpup:

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Matty thinks this will increase his chances of more playing time.

I hope Naz can step up here.

McGruff

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

We have a plethora of 5 tech types, but not a lot of LEO types.

Jones, Green, Collier, Jefferson as an inside out guy . . .

Ansah is a LEO, but he is injured, leaving us with Martin and an occasional Griffin.

pehawk

Reaction score
McGruff":32t62b7p said:
occasional Griffin.

I have a move for the *ladies* called the Occasional Griffin. In the 90s it was called the One-handed Janet Reno. Well, they're basically the same, only difference is now you replace the toy AK with a tiki torch.

Marty is such an asset to the Seahawks blogosphere. A reasonable voice amongst the sea of cliquey, snarky, negative Seahawks bloggers/twitter who erode everything they comment on.

Naz is such a weird case study. I wonder if we'll ever know what caused his forced relocation to the dog house?

I do think 5T is where he'll either make the team or get cut. It's where he should be, IMO.

McGruff

Reaction score
Agreed.

It will also be interesting to see what role they put Green in . . . With a little weight loss, he could be a LEO.