Why no pass rush

semiahmoo

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2nebqiei said:
I dont know about the entire line, but Bactiari (sp) the dude with the flowing locks, looked like he held on every dang snap.

The best O-Line guys do that - and get away with it. And once a veteran earns some hard-earned respect, officials will let certain things go.

There is no respect for our O-Line, so if the pocket isn't collapsing, the whistle is often blowing for another holding call.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Hawks46":10e77qda said:
We rarely get good pass rush on GB.

Typically I look and see a bunch of holds that go uncalled, but today it looked pretty clean. It was like we were "mush rushing" to keep Rodgers in the pocket.....yet he was gimpy and not a threat to run.

I honestly don't get it. Their OL just owns us recently.

I seem to remember a game in which we sacked Rodgers 8 times. Think the game had a pretty notorious ending as well.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3gl07a14 said:
Bobblehead":3gl07a14 said:
CASeahawk":3gl07a14 said:
I believe they were trying to protect Terrell. Blitzing equals man to man. They were relying too much on the front four to get pressure and greenbay was able to scheme better to nuetralize the front four. Every time we are on the vrge of breaking through, we have to change the game plan to accommodate a plater not quite ready or not trusted enough to let the team let loose. Hunt at center was a prime example of this against Tampa. This defensive approach plus short fields put our O in the position to play in a shoot out and unfortunatly Russell shit the bed and had a game that everyone has.

I think Rodgers is one of he best at burning the blitz.

True. Amazing talent. Should be noted GB's output, including Rodgers', increased as the GB O-Line became healthy. A good O-Line is critical to offensive success, except in Seattle where we thought a scrambling Wilson could compensate for lack of O-Line performance.

Problem is Russ is heavier/slower/ and less sure of himself as we prepare for a playoff run. Our O-Line at its best is mediocre, and at its worst - downright deplorable.

Props to Russ for hanging in there as much as he has. He's paying a mental and physical toll for doing so, though.

I think Russell has bulked up so much, that he's tight, not as loose, heavier, so slower. I really was not a fan of him bulking up with muscle at the expense of loosing leverage.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Pass rush looked fine to me. Rodgers is just the best in the game at feeling pressure and manipulating the pocket to extend plays without causing receivers to break off their routes.

FWIW the Hawks never blitz that much, but with ET out I wouldn't be sending extra pressure either in that scheme.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Steve2222":14ib5m5q said:
Hawks46":14ib5m5q said:

Typically I look and see a bunch of holds that go uncalled, but today it looked pretty clean. It was like we were "mush rushing" to keep Rodgers in the pocket.....yet he was gimpy and not a threat to run.

I seem to remember a game in which we sacked Rodgers 8 times. Think the game had a pretty notorious ending as well.

Kinda why I said "rarely".

That said, look up the stats for the last 3 games. It's not good. We had 3 sacks last week, and 2 of them were broken plays Rodgers just fell on.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Bobblehead":29amguvd said:
semiahmoo":29amguvd said:
Bobblehead":29amguvd said:
CASeahawk":29amguvd said:
I believe they were trying to protect Terrell. Blitzing equals man to man. They were relying too much on the front four to get pressure and greenbay was able to scheme better to nuetralize the front four. Every time we are on the vrge of breaking through, we have to change the game plan to accommodate a plater not quite ready or not trusted enough to let the team let loose. Hunt at center was a prime example of this against Tampa. This defensive approach plus short fields put our O in the position to play in a shoot out and unfortunatly Russell shit the bed and had a game that everyone has.

I think Rodgers is one of he best at burning the blitz.

True. Amazing talent. Should be noted GB's output, including Rodgers', increased as the GB O-Line became healthy. A good O-Line is critical to offensive success, except in Seattle where we thought a scrambling Wilson could compensate for lack of O-Line performance.

Problem is Russ is heavier/slower/ and less sure of himself as we prepare for a playoff run. Our O-Line at its best is mediocre, and at its worst - downright deplorable.

Props to Russ for hanging in there as much as he has. He's paying a mental and physical toll for doing so, though.

I think Russell has bulked up so much, that he's tight, not as loose, heavier, so slower. I really was not a fan of him bulking up with muscle at the expense of loosing leverage.

AGREE 100%

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Hawks46":312omwwr said:

Big part of this is the way AR uses the hard count. A big part of our pash rush is jumping the snap count.

Rocket

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1zufps52 said:
Yep... but he's doing it to save his ass... so it's hard to blame him. Hell, he spent his whole last off-season working on learning how to play with a high ankle sprain and a torn MCL AT THE SAME TIME.
Thank God for his uber conditioning guru, or we'd be on our fourth quarterback this year.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Popeyejones":36r6lmkg said:
Pass rush looked fine to me. Rodgers is just the best in the game at feeling pressure and manipulating the pocket to extend plays without causing receivers to break off their routes.

FWIW the Hawks never blitz that much, but with ET out I wouldn't be sending extra pressure either in that scheme.

To add, snap cadence, incessant hurry up to catch the defense with 12 on the field. Seattle has increased their blitz this year however, it was almost non existent this game probably correlating to your last point.