"Why Richard Sherman can't let go"

Status
Not open for further replies.

erik2690

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":iv3zdsmv said:
Wilson is paid like an all everything QB.

Considering that, he should be accountable like an all everything QB.

What does this mean? He has the 13th highest cap hit this year among QB's. Is he not worthy of that?

It is a team sport but players make plays. An individuals can hurt or help a team.

It is lazy to just call it a team thing when the QB is the one that screwed up and should have taken the blame (though it was a stupid play call)

But the day after the SB I called it what it was, an attempt to make Wilson the MVP. If Lynch gets that TD you know damn well he might not have gotten but fans would have recognized him as the MVP.

Please be very clear what you mean by this? Are you saying they didn't call the play they thought would work best but instead the play that would get Wilson glory and keep it from Lynch? If so why would they give him the ball the play before in scoring position? That doesn't make sense.

And here is an article saying exactly that. And that it pissed off some key defensive players and caused a schism on the team.

What I'm shocked is that people are even surprised by this.

Worse, Wilson hasn't delivered since. Sure, we have good excuses. But little in the results in the playoffs column.

Again what does that mean? He played great in 2015 and was injured in 2016. Why do you keep acting like we should be in the SB every year? Like that would be awesome but how are you literally expecting that to happen? Not even for the Patriots do they go to 4 SB's in a row recently but Wilson is failing b/c we didn't make it there for 2 years. That's such a ridiculously small sample size to make some grand referendum on.

Sealake80

Reaction score
Seymour":3fe5odys said:
I would love to see Russell have a career year and Sherman get scorched, and it's entirely possible if the oline pans out. The only mistake Pete made this season by shopping Sherman was not accepting the highest offer and moving on. Sherman should get what he deserves, the Browns. And he can kiss my butt as far as I'm concerned. What a freakin whinny loser.

Sherman getting scortched is bad for the Seahawks so.... no.

I would love to see Wilson and Sherman try to out career year each other! And that is exactly what I think we are set up to have happen. The competition this year is gonna be fierce.

They don't have to be friends but there will be mutual respect. If not then Sherman has to go cause #3 is steady as a rock, respects his team mates and coaches and he's the future of this team.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2clww90g said:
Seymour":2clww90g said:
907Hawk":2clww90g said:
Seymour":2clww90g said:
I would love to see Russell have a career year and Sherman get scorched, and it's entirely possible if the oline pans out. The only mistake Pete made this season by shopping Sherman was not accepting the highest offer and moving on. Sherman should get what he deserves, the Browns. And he can kiss my butt as far as I'm concerned. What a freakin whinny loser.

I really like where you are going with this, root for players on your favorite team to play poorly, this is next level stuff.

I obviously don't want the team to lose. Just tired of Sherman and his baggage and mouth that does more damage than good. Live in the problem, the problem increases, live in the solution the solution increases. Keeping Sherman is living in the problem until he shuts it and proves otherwise IMO. Maybe a force feeding of humble pie would put him back on earth. Doubtful though, he'll make it someone elses fault.
I hope Sherm has 15 pics and is an integral part of the Hawks winning their 2nd Lombardi.

The back peddling, spin, stomping of feet, and red faced gnashing of teeth from the Sherm hater's will be entertaining as hell to watch. 8) :2thumbs:
Sounds like you are describing Sherman's behavior there.
Throw in lying and you would almost have it covered. He needs to stop acting like a child and worry about himself instead of blaming others.

Anthony!

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2zz57jfi said:
The Wilson love is like a cute little cult.

Nevermind that when this team belonged to Lynch and the Defense we went to 2 Super Bowls.

As soon as they rushed Lynch out the door we barely got past the wildcard the next year and never sniffed a SB since.

But hey, we have lots of excuses

Sherman should recognize the Savior that eats that much of the cap, and just realize that he should be quiet because the QB is the star....even though we barely can score TDs nowadays.

Ahh you do realize Lynch was on the team in 2015 when we did not get to the SB. So that would make your statement incorrect

Anthony!

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2e8mj2vw said:
Wilson is paid like an all everything QB.

Considering that, he should be accountable like an all everything QB.

It is a team sport but players make plays. An individuals can hurt or help a team.

It is lazy to just call it a team thing when the QB is the one that screwed up and should have taken the blame (though it was a stupid play call)

But the day after the SB I called it what it was, an attempt to make Wilson the MVP. If Lynch gets that TD you know damn well he might not have gotten but fans would have recognized him as the MVP.

And here is an article saying exactly that. And that it pissed off some key defensive players and caused a schism on the team.

What I'm shocked is that people are even surprised by this.

Worse, Wilson hasn't delivered since. Sure, we have good excuses. But little in the results in the playoffs column.

Ahh you do realize Wilson took the blame for the Sb as he does with everything so once again making your statement incorrect.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1ved7zsu said:
Seymour":1ved7zsu said:
907Hawk":1ved7zsu said:
Seymour":1ved7zsu said:

I really like where you are going with this, root for players on your favorite team to play poorly, this is next level stuff.

I obviously don't want the team to lose. Just tired of Sherman and his baggage and mouth that does more damage than good. Live in the problem, the problem increases, live in the solution the solution increases. Keeping Sherman is living in the problem until he shuts it and proves otherwise IMO. Maybe a force feeding of humble pie would put him back on earth. Doubtful though, he'll make it someone elses fault.
I hope Sherm has 15 pics and is an integral part of the Hawks winning their 2nd Lombardi.

The back peddling, spin, stomping of feet, and red faced gnashing of teeth from the Sherm hater's will be entertaining as hell to watch. 8) :2thumbs:

Ok but why call out Wilson if your Sherman the mistake is on Pete for a horrible play call and it was horrible so he should be calling out the coaching staff . Then what's the end game for Sherman here the firing of Pete and RW . Sorry I just can't take Shermans side on this one yes it was a bad call but it's over continue to ask for a trade if you really want out of Seattle but quit whining about the SB it's not helping ANYTHING. I'm going to add this Sherman made a statement today that there are no problems in the locker room and this is basically a media made story and for the most part I believe him.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Natethegreat":247pp729 said:
Sports Hernia":247pp729 said:
Seymour":247pp729 said:
907Hawk":247pp729 said:

Throw in lying and you would almost have it covered. He needs to stop acting like a child and worry about himself instead of blaming others.
A huge swing and a miss.

Nope.

I am describing most of this towns sports journalists and the folks getting their underwear bunched up because Sherm hurt the feelings of their favorite assistant coach or favorite sports radio hack, but then again I have a feeling you knew that already.

Drama, drama, drama......... the facebooking of America.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1m5a4mym said:
Natethegreat":1m5a4mym said:
Sports Hernia":1m5a4mym said:
Seymour":1m5a4mym said:

A huge swing and a miss.

Nope.

I am describing most of this towns sports journalists and the folks getting their underwear bunched up because Sherm hurt the feelings of their favorite assistant coach or favorite sports radio hack, but then again I have a feeling you knew that already.

I'm a huge supporter of Sherman but he needs to shut up and play ball this year it's as simple as that.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":63p1xyw1 said:
There are 31 other teams that all have "dirt" to be dug up by these wannabe types of writers, included in the "dirt" are all of the rumors, falsehoods and personal opinions of anyone that cares to voice them that go back several years into a teams past. So, why are the Seahawks the only one picked out for a monthly ESPN publication? Other than the fact that ESPN is about to go down the drain (deservedly so), they must currently be grasping at straws to try and stay relevant. Clicks or bust?

In any group of +/- 100 players and coaches, there will always be some negative actions and personality differences. If one factors into that thought that the majority of those +/- 100 are very young men that have had college success & suddenly are rich, the number of negative actions probably increases. This would be true for ANY team in the NFL, not just the Seahawks.

Even more hate comes from still other "authors" that "report" this kind of garbage as if it were factual and then proceed to repeat it all over again and again. I'm not disputing a few of the many items cited are actually true, however the mix of conjecture, unknown sources and the repetition of non-substantiated crap from up to several years past is very much an attempt at getting close to relevancy. ESPN should be ashamed of themselves for this type of irresponsible journalism. I have now removed ESPN from my reading list 'cause they are officially CRAP.

It is annoying isn't it maybe it's time to dial up 710/ESPN and call them out.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1hlc7g5y said:
Sports Hernia":1hlc7g5y said:
Natethegreat":1hlc7g5y said:
Sports Hernia":1hlc7g5y said:

A huge swing and a miss.

Nope.

I'm a huge supporter of Sherman but he needs to shut up and play ball this year it's as simple as that.
Awesome, I just wish OTHERS (especially our TMZ style sports media) as well would "shut up"....... and as you say, it is as simple as that.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":wi0qe76v said:
Northwest Seahawk":wi0qe76v said:
Sports Hernia":wi0qe76v said:
Natethegreat":wi0qe76v said:
A huge swing and a miss.

Nope.

Awesome, I just wish OTHERS (especially our TMZ style sports media) as well would "shut up"....... and as you say, it is as simple as that.

I like Sherman and I have no problem with anything he's done with the exception of the sideline meltdown he had last year. What he has to understand is when he does that he gives the media haters of him and Seattle an excuse to trash us. So he needs to be smart about what he's doing and how he's doing it because everything will be put under a microscope and broken down in the negative.

Jville

Reaction score
Seth Wickersham, a ESPN Senior Writer, recycled and enlarged upon a story line as a sequel to exploit the appetite of an audience that "can't let go".

It's no different than what movie makers are doing >>>> [urltargetblank]http://www.marketwatch.com/story/hollywood-loves-the-1980s-as-much-as-it-loves-franchises-and-remakes-2017-05-26[/urltargetblank]

NYCoug

Reaction score
Man, Darrell Bevell must be loving this offseason. He went from being undisputed public enemy #1 in Seattle, to public enemy #5, it seems, after Cable, Sherman, Carroll, and Wilson. I'm actually seeing more people "come along" to the idea that "Le Fail" was Wilson's fault for poor execution rather than Bevell's for calling the worst situational play possible. Wow, I didn't think I'd ever see this. I'm shocked.

Obviously joking, but it'd be hilarious if Bevell were behind all of these "leaks" about player turmoil and stuff, just to keep his job safe. I'd get a laugh out of that. I'd laugh just as hard when the fans all turn on him once again after he calls 4 pass plays in a row, all to Luke Willson and Jermaine Kearse, from the 1 yard line in Week 1.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3lqnwyd9 said:
This team took its attitude and energy from Lynch.

BeastQuake started the Seahawk SB team emergence process and likely saved Pete's job.

Then one of greatest defenses ever shut teams down while Lynch beat the opposing teams' defenses down methodically like a siege knocking down castle walls.

That isn't to say Wilson wasn't a key missing piece that vaulted us over, but that team mirrored took after Lynch.

There was a rush to give the keys to Wilson and annoint him as the next Steve Young (not literally) and it clearly pissed off several defensive players. It also likely kept us from making 1-2 SB we could have had.

I dont agree with this. In the second half of 2015, the offense was opened up and the team marched up and down the field at will it seemed. Why they got away from that last season with our horrible line and beat up running backs is beyond me. I feel its more of a coaching issue rather than a Russell, Lynch issue. Lynch is gone, adapt.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Sorry, didn't mean to sidetrack the thread, so I'll try and actually add to the discussion.

It's time for EVERYONE to man up, focus on themselves and not others, and move on. Myself included. I've wallowed in the misery of that game for years now, and it's not doing me or anyone else around me any good. I've thought about all of the what-if's 1 million times over, wished ill upon Bevell, and the whole 9 yards. Now, I still think Bevell is a crony and a bum of a coach, but he's one of our coaches and that likely ain't changing any time soon.

It truly is time to move on. As much as I wish that Bevell had been immediately fired after the game and Pete would have apologized a million times over to his squad, that just isn't reality. 2 seasons have passed and if you want to change your situation in life, it's up to you. Sherman needs to focus on himself and his teammates, and playing for them, rather than the staff which he has likely soured upon. Best case scenario for Sherm is, shut up, he a great teammate, minimal interactions with the coaching staff while still having the respect of the locker room, ball out, force a trade next year. Who knows, maybe they actually man up and move on and win it all again this season? Then, all the wounds would he healed, likely.

I had a current player's father (a backup on offense) tell me at Carlow East last year before the Jets game that the team still talks about "the play" every single day. Literally. It's obvious that the play had a huge psychological effect on our guys, even if Positivity Pete wanted to just turn the page and move on. We live in a new world, men aren't programmed to just flush out painful memories and just move on like in the old days. I'm only 30 so I see it all around me with my peers and coworkers. Men are more emotional creatures these days, for better or for worse (it's for worse, trust me haha).

My hope is that all of these articles saying that this team's run is finished, etc actually bring them closer together and help unify them in ways we haven't seen in years. Hell, sign Red Bryant just so that he can chant "We all we got, we all need!" all offseason long.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
NYCoug":2mqlbxbc said:
Man, Darrell Bevell must be loving this offseason. He went from being undisputed public enemy #1 in Seattle, to public enemy #5, it seems, after Cable, Sherman, Carroll, and Wilson. I'm actually seeing more people "come along" to the idea that "Le Fail" was Wilson's fault for poor execution rather than Bevell's for calling the worst situational play possible. Wow, I didn't think I'd ever see this. I'm shocked.

Obviously joking, but it'd be hilarious if Bevell were behind all of these "leaks" about player turmoil and stuff, just to keep his job safe. I'd get a laugh out of that. I'd laugh just as hard when the fans all turn on him once again after he calls 4 pass plays in a row, all to Luke Willson and Jermaine Kearse, from the 1 yard line in Week 1.
The breakdown of "the play" was about execution, not design. Belichick even says that, according to the ESPN story. And Bevell has command of his position, is one of the league's best at it and ranks as the most successful coach in team history (winning %), so he's far above the juvenile tactics you describe. It's all fan fodder anyway; the powers that be as directors of our team consider it all "outside noise" and part of being in the entertainment industry and stick to their assigned tasks of devising solid gameplans.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2o82khzm said:

Expect to stay disappointed, that is never going to happen. Too much $$ in the business, and the NFL's push to keep it's fans engaged 12 months a year will assure it doesn't. Combine that with Pete looking for driven players with chips on their shoulders, having a consistent top 10 team and you have the prefect storm. Better get used to it.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3ub2watb said:
NYCoug":3ub2watb said:

The breakdown of "the play" was about execution, not design. Belichick even says that, according to the ESPN story. And Bevell has command of his position, is one of the league's best at it and ranks as the most successful coach in team history (winning %), so he's far above the juvenile tactics you describe. It's all fan fodder anyway; the powers that be as directors of our team consider it all "outside noise" and part of being in the entertainment industry and stick to their assigned tasks of devising solid gameplans.

Right, which is why I said I was obviously joking. Lighten up about your Bevell, the fates have somehow shifted the scrutiny away from him. You don't know when that might change, so live it up.

907Hawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1fok2xes said:
NYCoug":1fok2xes said:

It is always about execution, the Packers ran the "The Lombardi Sweep" for a decade and it was successful because the players executed the play. I fully expected Lynch to get the call, and believe he would have scored but the pass was called so we will never know. You win as team you lose as a team, to blame one player or one coach is fine if you are looking to scapegoat someone. Its also fine to think about what might have been, but move forward in a positive way and get back to the top.

Seymour

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1eqfdp2r said:
NYCoug":1eqfdp2r said:

Congrats. You managed to bring "The Play" and Bevell into this in one post when nobody was really talking about them. There was literally no reason to defend "your man" here, but somehow you found a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.