"Why Richard Sherman can't let go"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":zlg0vs7w said:
This article was eye opening.

The part that got me was at the end with Sherman on crutches, having to watch Wilson raise his trophy. Sherman did more to earn the Hawks that Superbowl than Wilson

Big deal. Peyton Manning got to raise it and he was trash that year with the Broncos. I haven't read the article yet, but if Sherman is whining about that then he is beyond help.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1l53yrbz said:
This article was eye opening.

The part that got me was at the end with Sherman on crutches, having to watch Wilson raise his trophy. Sherman did more to earn the Hawks that Superbowl than Wilson

This skips the part that shows the two guys who are apparently the target of resentment - Carroll and Wilson were the two guys to seek him out when he couldn't get up to the podium on his crutches.

Hyak

Reaction score
I read that section and came away with an entirely different take in terms of the joys of the SB win.

Protect the team. WE instead of ME or Offense vs Defense. Hopefully that's what 2017 is about.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Look around the social world during this current era and you see all of this stuff about equality, justice, fiar treatment, players using the flag as protest material, senators calling for impeachment of a president siting that no one is above the law, etc.

And you might be inclined to think you can just go play football, but there it is again. In your own locker room.

Yeah, "jealously", "being on some level" or whatever just doesn't cut it for a lot of alphas that scrapped their way out of the gutter. Accountability isn't too much to ask, but apparently it is.

I don't want to turn tgis thread into something it shouldn't be, but there are a lot of factors here. I just don't think that jealousy and levels are part of it.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I wonder how Tez would have handled 'The Play'? I ask because as a player, he was never accustomed to winning with the Seahawks. He was on horrible teams. Sometimes being on that huge stage and having something dramatic happen without anybody taking blame can have lasting effects as we are seeing now.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2nk8kgv1 said:
How did he do more to earn it? He deserves it more than Russ? Yeah, because Russ didn't do anything to get the team a title :roll:
Might want to watch the NFC Championship again, he made some RIDICULOUS plays in that game.

Sherman made the play at the end to win the game, whereas Wilson fumbled the ball on the first play of the game, giving the 9ers prime field position.

Sherman deserves the recognition and respect for the being the best. Wilson cost Sherman a chance to win his second ring.

I'm just trying to play Devil's advocate here and keep this debate spicy. Team Sherman!!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2sbhtdmu said:
I wonder how Tez would have handled 'The Play'? I ask because as a player, he was never accustomed to winning with the Seahawks. He was on horrible teams. Sometimes being on that huge stage and having something dramatic happen without anybody taking blame can have lasting effects as we are seeing now.

Tez wrecked the league while playing on a 2-14 team with one of the most historically awful offenses in the history of the league that averaged barely 8 pts a game.................and NEVER complained or called out his teammates once.

How much of this nonsense is true? Idk, but even if only 20% of it's true Sherman needs to grow the hell up and knock it off. You're making 13M a year on a SB contending team with amazing teammates in front of the 12's living in one of the best cities in the world. Stop complaining.

Hyak

Reaction score
I've re-read the article a few times and I do actually think many of us are focusing on the tabloid aspects as opposed to the biggest takeaway:

This offseason Sherman and Carroll held several private conversations. Sherman had told friends that he allowed himself to imagine playing for the Cowboys, maybe the Patriots, hoping Lynch would come out of retirement and join him in New England. But unless bad teams like the Bills or Browns gave up two first-round picks, he wasn't going anywhere. By the draft, both sides were tired of the drama. The conversations turned into Sherman asking, "How do we get back to playing at the highest level?" It's a new team this year: The coaching staff is younger, and Carroll has pledged to get back to running the ball more, to returning the offense to the version that won it all four seasons ago. The night before reporting for offseason workouts, Sherman sent a few tweets that ended with an affirmation that couldn't have been said better by Carroll: "Honestly a lot of times nightmares come before the dream."

Seymour

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1hn5s125 said:
SoulfishHawk":1hn5s125 said:
How did he do more to earn it? He deserves it more than Russ? Yeah, because Russ didn't do anything to get the team a title :roll:
Might want to watch the NFC Championship again, he made some RIDICULOUS plays in that game.

Sherman made the play at the end to win the game, whereas Wilson fumbled the ball on the first play of the game, giving the 9ers prime field position.

Sherman deserves the recognition and respect for the being the best. Wilson cost Sherman a chance to win his second ring.

I'm just trying to play Devil's advocate here and keep this debate spicy. Team Sherman!!

Ohh good god. Sherman is one of 53! The last play (or ending) of the game is ALL some people think of and that folks is really sad.

Sherman is NOT the best anymore, and Wilson's best days are still in front of him IMO.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JTB":3dz9nqmk said:
The conversations turned into Sherman asking, "How do we get back to playing at the highest level?"

Shut up, stop being a distraction and go intercept some passes.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Jerhawk":19ifs7k6 said:
SoulfishHawk":19ifs7k6 said:

You pot stirrer you! lol

Fact is the quarterback is the most important position in all sports. They get treated differently....

hawkfan68

Reaction score
JTB":2byplp8v said:
I've re-read the article a few times and I do actually think many of us are focusing on the tabloid aspects as opposed to the biggest takeaway:

This offseason Sherman and Carroll held several private conversations. Sherman had told friends that he allowed himself to imagine playing for the Cowboys, maybe the Patriots, hoping Lynch would come out of retirement and join him in New England. But unless bad teams like the Bills or Browns gave up two first-round picks, he wasn't going anywhere. By the draft, both sides were tired of the drama. The conversations turned into Sherman asking, "How do we get back to playing at the highest level?" It's a new team this year: The coaching staff is younger, and Carroll has pledged to get back to running the ball more, to returning the offense to the version that won it all four seasons ago. The night before reporting for offseason workouts, Sherman sent a few tweets that ended with an affirmation that couldn't have been said better by Carroll: "Honestly a lot of times nightmares come before the dream."

Interesting...they get rid of one coach - Sherman Smith and now the coaching staff is younger. But everyone else who remained on the staff got a year older - Bevell, Cable, Richard, etc.

Hyak

Reaction score
The funny thing about this whole scenario is that Wilson's first 5 seasons are among the best statistically and team performance wise of any QB.

QB Rating - 2nd all time behind Rodgers
YPA - 4th all time (1st among current QBs)
TD% - 19th all time (2nd among current QBs)
INT% - 5th all time/current

Factor in the run game and he's put up numbers equivalent to Steve Young's prime 49er years.

Hyak

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2enlm1pp said:
Interesting...they get rid of one coach - Sherman Smith and now the coaching staff is younger. But everyone else who remained on the staff got a year older - Bevell, Cable, Richard, etc.

I thought they made more changes than just Sherman Smith.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
It doesn't have a whole lot to do with Wilson's play. A good portion of it has to do with Pete more than Wilson at that.

Again though, when the wins come rolling in this year a lot of this goes away.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
56433003.jpg

titan3131

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1penaboe said:
pittpnthrs":1penaboe said:

Tez wrecked the league while playing on a 2-14 team with one of the most historically awful offenses in the history of the league that averaged barely 8 pts a game.................and NEVER complained or called out his teammates once.

How much of this nonsense is true? Idk, but even if only 20% of it's true Sherman needs to grow the hell up and knock it off. You're making 13M a year on a SB contending team with amazing teammates in front of the 12's living in one of the best cities in the world. Stop complaining.

On Tez,

Check out his CFB record. He went from only losing like 4 games in 3 years to the worst team in the league. He was incredibly unique, the Seahawks were incredibly fortunate to have had him in our colors. RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.