C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS QBR RTG
R. Wilson 15/22 268 12.2 3 0 2-20 -- 149.2

Nothing else to talk about.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Thought it was appropriate to rehash this thread after what we were talking about four months ago. Russell a leader Cam not. It's that simple.

Who would you follow into battle?

kearly

Reaction score
googoodan":3bhfan1k said:
seabowl":3bhfan1k said:
googoodan":3bhfan1k said:
Cam's WRs do not bang his wife.

Boy that Avatar is scarrrrrrry. Wish you had Wilson, don't you? Ha ha ha ha

No, but I would kill to have your offensive line.

If by some chance you become the GM of the Panthers soon, please call John Schneider and talk trades ASAP.

Jiggy

Reaction score
googoodan":ufrhu1eg said:
Cam's WRs do not bang his wife.

Quite the zinger you have there...

Maybe they aren't banging his wife. But it wouldn't surprise me if he was banging theirs. That's about the only thing important to his WR's that he would go down on. Definitely not one of his fumbles though.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Funny how all of the Carolina fans have vanished into the woodwork. Same characters that, if the script were flipped and they won the SB, they would have come to OUR forum -not the Donko forum- to rub it in. Instead, they are faced with a SB loss and the horribly immature opposite of dabbing. I do feel for Kuechly, Davis, Lotulelei, Short and any other truly good sport who also plays the game well.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
You can question Cam's leadership all you like, but like it or not people follow him.

For example, after a Super Bowls loss he hides away and sulks. So do Panther's fans, apparently.

ctrcat

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":pfgta13v said:
Funny how all of the Carolina fans have vanished into the woodwork. Same characters that, if the script were flipped and they won the SB, they would have come to OUR forum -not the Donko forum- to rub it in. Instead, they are faced with a SB loss and the horribly immature opposite of dabbing. I do feel for Kuechly, Davis, Lotulelei, Short and any other truly good sport who also plays the game well.

Funny how you wanted Panther fans OUT and questioned why they're here, now you have a change of heart and want us back? Ha. Thanks. Sunday was a bitter pill but honestly I've enjoyed the threads bashing Cam and the Panthers after reading how many "didn't care about the Super Bowl" or the Panthers "weren't a rivalry" recently. Soothing actually, and some of them are LOL funny.

Speaking only for myself, I never rubbed anything in and I've tried to be as respectful as possible, coming back to offer congrats after tough losses in 2014 and simply saying thanks to those that offered their congrats this year.

My expectations this year were to win the South (when most this year wrote us off), and anything after that was gravy. As I documented here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=113101 and here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=119617 I did not expect it to be this year but do expect the Panthers to be the next ringless team to win a ring and if anyone was going to beat us, I suggested this be the year. Cam and Luke are signed through the next presidential election cycle and haven't even entered their primes and I wouldn't trade them for any, just as knowledgeable and prideful Hawk fans would feel the same about your guys.

As for next year, who is to say how tough the schedule will be? Opponents only have a .441 2015 winning %, tied with the Jets for the lowest in the league. After running a gauntlet of Rodgers, Luck, Romo, Eli, Bortles, Mariotta, they will get Palmer (again), Carr, Bridgewater, Smith, Rivers, and God only knows who under center in LA/San Fran/Denver. Simply flying to the west coast means nothing as the Panthers have a better win % playing on the west coast than they do overall as a franchse as a whole. Every season takes on a life of it's own and it's unlikely I even think about the schedule until it's released.

Simply put, the feeling sucks, but we (at least good Panther fans) will be back for the forseeable future. Happy, safe, and healthy offseason to all!

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
To be honest you are the only Panther's fan I have noticed back here since the Super Bowl. It's not that we miss you guys and want you back, but that if you talk big before the event, you have to come back and take the crap after you lose. It's just the way things work. Kudos on you for doing so. Would that the rest of your fan base behave similarly.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
The guy who wrote the "passing the torch" thread never came back, name of thebigcat

Hey come on back thebigcat, we want to see that torch! :lol:

253hawk

Reaction score
Fumble in the waning moments of the SB? Nope. Meaningless end-of-half hail mary. Wilson's heart is directly proportional to Cam's ego. How many QB's make this play, not even caring that they're the smallest in the league?

http://gfycat.com/KeyEsteemedIbadanmalimbe

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Wilson is a harder worker with more dedication.

He isn't focused on getting attention, he is focused on doing his job well and the attention is just a by-product.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":172l5v14 said:

He isn't focused on getting attention, he is focused on doing his job well and the attention is just a by-product.

Well said!

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":1zz7m8n7 said:

Agree!!!

Cam is all about "look at me I'm Superman, I even have the shirt to prove it" while Russ is "guys we can win this, just keep going, we can do this".

That's the difference.

shawnsim

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":11wkt79g said:

This post wins the thread.

Well done.

Props to "ctrcat" for coming back as well. The only decent Panther fan in this thread.

On a side note, everyone should watch Wilson's post game presser after super bowl. XLIX and Cams presser after X.

Miles apart which, is what this thread is about.

Armchair Bronco

Reaction score
It's really ironic how the pundits on the NFL Network and ESPN publicly annointed Cam as "the new face of the NFL" and the heir-apparent to Peyton Manning, in part based on the expectation that Carolina was going to destroy Denver.

Except, no one told these clowns that you can't simply declare someone to be the next face of the league. That title is EARNED, and by any measure Russell Wilson has earned that moniker with his actions on and off the field, with his charitable work, with his grace under fire (whether winning or losing), and his infectious sideline positivity. Cam throws a towel over his head and sulks when the going gets tough - Wilson runs up and down the sidelines firing up his teammates on both sides of the ball. Cam walks out of his own presser, while Wilson hangs around to the bitter end, answering every silly question as if it were the most interesting question he had ever been asked.

These aren't things that can be learned, either.

shawnsim

Reaction score
Armchair Bronco":1yybno5l said:
It's really ironic how the pundits on the NFL Network and ESPN publicly annointed Cam as "the new face of the NFL" and the heir-apparent to Peyton Manning.

Except, no one told these clowns that you can't simply declare someone to be the next face of the league. That title is EARNED, and by any measure Russell Wilson has earned that moniker with his actions on and off the field, with his charitable work, with his grace under fire (whether winning or losing), and his infectious sideline positivity. Cam throws a towel over his head and sulks when the going gets tough - Wilson runs up and down the sidelines firing up his teammates on both sides of the ball. Cam walks out of his own presser, while Wilson hangs around to the bitter end, answering every silly question as if it were the most interesting question he had ever been asked.

Its true.
In my job I am a supervisor. I have to get the best out of my men and women. I am sometimes a counselor, sometimes a friend, sometimes a parent but, always professional. If my staff doubts me. All is lost.

I am just a working guy but, I understand that the people that trust you need to see that you really mean it and, really care.
If I give up, they will too.

I may not be an NFL Quarterback but,I still lead a team.

If I acted like Cam; I would get fired and, lose my teams respect.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Armchair Bronco":1jk8620w said:
It's really ironic how the pundits on the NFL Network and ESPN publicly annointed Cam as "the new face of the NFL" and the heir-apparent to Peyton Manning, in part based on the expectation that Carolina was going to destroy Denver.

They will always build up the League MVP; that's a given. His production + W/L put him over the top, I suppose. That team wouldn't have much of a offense, if not for Cam. Nearly every NFL star has commitments to a charity/community support, so I recon that's more of a 'check in the block' rather than comparing levels of involvement.

I do; however, take issue with his maturity level, because League MVP is symbolic with being the 'face of the game.' Something's wrong with the process when the dude who gets this recognition is acting like a 2yr old on the sideline. His own game doesn't go well, so he gets totally self-absorbed and just ignores his teammates for the rest of the game because there is no occasion to DAB! Then came the press conference. I understand the emotions in-play, and know that's tough sledding, so I figured he'd be better after a day to rest and reflect. Instead, he says 'show me a person who loses well, and I'll show you loser.' Is he THAT arrogant or just plain dense. Let me see...QB's who handle SB loses with relative grace in front of the media include (off the top of my head):

Tom Brady...LOSER!
Russell Wilson...LOSER!
Peyton Manning...LOSER!

None of them like to lose. You just have to handle it with class in front of the press...especially as the 'face of the game.'

You, MVP, just disrespected the above QBs as well as nearly every great QB in history. Way to go!

Latest posts