Wide Receivers

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
I don't see how we are that up the creek. If we add one player - our WR crops looks pretty good. I eam for most of the season we had Tate and Baldwin. Now we have Baldwin and Harvin with Kearse having more experience. Add in one guy there and we look ok.

Largent80

Reaction score
I don't know about everyone else but I don't feel all that comfortable with the WR situation. Harvin was hurt on a 90 to 10 % ratio, and that includes the SB.

I do not feel we can rely on him to be healthy all year as Tate was.

Penman96

Reaction score
Draft a couple new guys and hope Harvin stays healthy would be my guess for receivers. We surely can't invest that much into the receiver position, given we are a run first team and Harvin is costing 13.4 million in cap this year.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Anthony!":2hx51at9 said:
What we do to replace Tate and improve the o-line and WR is going to go a long way into what happens with RW.

We lost Golden Tate.....I think we are fine. Nothing we can't replace in the draft.

ManBunts

Reaction score
I have a feeling we all feel like the loss of Tate hurts worse than it is because he was the guy we assumed would probably really try to stick around, based on his hometown comments.

That said, Harvin, Baldwin, Kearse is a great baseline. I'm curious about this kid we got out of the CFL as well. Sounds like a huge target. I think we need to draft a solid rookie.

I'd consider a one-year deal to Rice (injuries aside, he had some clutch catches), Steve Smith (tough old guy who you know wants a ring bad), or I also really like James Jones and Emmanual Sanders. I think any of those 4 would add a solid (metaphorically for Rice) #2 body to the rotation.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I have a feeling that James Jones will be a Seahawk by the end of the week. Maybe they go after Eric Decker. My gut says James Jones because of the ties to Schneider.

ManBunts

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1zhafhie said:
I have a feeling that James Jones will be a Seahawk by the end of the week. Maybe they go after Eric Decker. My gut says James Jones because of the ties to Schneider.

I would think Jones over Decker, if for no reason other than Decker will want #1 money based on his stats. Not to knock the guy, it may be there, but until I see him playing on a balanced offense and not behind a guy like Demariyus, I'm gonna consider him a #2, and not worth what he's asking.

sutz

Reaction score
Not a fan of the Steve Smith scenario. He was kind of pouty on the sidelines against us the last couple of times. Sure, we shut him down and he had a right to be pissed, but he has prima donna written all over him IMHO. I doubt he'd come here anyway, given he would be guaranteed a 50% drop in targets. Just throwing out a number there, but you know he won't get thrown too as much.

Besides, have the kitties released him yet? I certainly wouldn't give up any draft capital for him.

Jville

Reaction score
sutz":cpv3k4c4 said:
Not a fan of the Steve Smith scenario. He was kind of pouty on the sidelines against us the last couple of times. Sure, we shut him down and he had a right to be pissed, but he has prima donna written all over him IMHO. I doubt he'd come here anyway, given he would be guaranteed a 50% drop in targets. Just throwing out a number there, but you know he won't get thrown too as much.

Besides, have the kitties released him yet? I certainly wouldn't give up any draft capital for him.

Some sauce for you ..... "Steve Smith reportedly seen as distraction by Panthers" >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000333570/article/report-steve-smith-seen-as-distraction-by-panthers[/urltargetblank]

OP
OP
MrNorseman

MrNorseman

Reaction score
I do like James Jones

Plus that connection to Green Bay is there

I like the idea of getting Lee in the draft because besides being a pretty damn good receiver, he brings a threat in the return game, which is something that Golden gave us big time this year. And that way we don't HAVE to put Percy back all the time.

joeshaney

Reaction score
I like Kenny Britt and a couple 5th round picks to compete with Price and our CFL dude (along with Lockette, Arceto Clark and some of our carry over WRs) to compete for the 4th and 5th WR spots.

Anyone who is concerned about Britt has not been paying attention. Competing for a spot doesn't risk anything for the Hawks. May the best guys win.

BC-Hawk

Reaction score
Seaswab":13f7ttks said:
Kenny britt

This. Talented kid who's got into some trouble in the past and looking for redemption. If we can get some value out of BMW a few years back, Britt would be even better and likely won't break the bank.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I seel almost no chance of Decker becoming a Seahawk but I've been wrong before. I think they address it through the draft and maybe a lost prove it deal to a guy like Britt. Nicks, Jones, Decker etc. will want too much money. Britt has #1 type potential and maybe with a strong locker room like Seattle has, he is worth a flyer. The guy could be a stud if he chose to.

I like the idea of getting a WR with the first pick and addressing the offensive line next.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
DavidSeven":agjv5dwd said:
I don't really like any of the recognizable names unless they can be had for minimum contracts, which won't happen. Why would we bother letting Tate go if we're just going to offer 3/4 of that money to some lesser vet? I'm fine with Rice or Finley since they're both coming off injury and will likely be cheap. Let's just go to the draft.

This. Although I strongly believe Rice signs with the Patriots and becomes a statistical monster next year.