Wide Receivers

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I would actually be fine with Britt for the vet minimum. That would be a cagey move.

Or we sign Finley, keep Miller, and run Finley in the slot a ton of the time.

We'll also surely draft at least one WR in the draft. I'm REALLY excited for the draft. FA sucks when you're on top; everyone wants to take your guys.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
I feel this is a very replaceable position, Baldwin/Kearse will play a much bigger role next season both were terrific in the playoffs, so really we just need some more depth at the position which isn't hard to find. The biggest concern is Harvin's health, he goes down and we're in trouble, so may need to find some projects in Free Agency or the draft, high upside guys who just need to be coached.

We could definitely get Miles Austin on a cheap "prove it" deal, he's had some hamstring issues but the guy was such a talent a few years ago and is the one guy we could get at a decent price who could fit a need in case Harvin went down at all this year.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
There are still plenty of decent WRs available via FA. They may not be a stud type but still plenty good and could be a value equal to or over Tate. Nicks, Alexander, Jones, Britt, Jacoby Ford, and Robert Meachem to name a few. Tate's a good player but he can be replaced and upgraded. Heck the draft is deep in WR dept too. The one area they will miss Tate is on punt returns. Maybe sign Hester to help out there.

joeshaney

Reaction score
Not sure but I believe Alexander's career is in serious jeopardy. Sucks, cause he's the guy I'd be interested in if healthy.

mjwhitay

Reaction score
Don't forget hopefully some increased production from Luke Willson and maybe a guy like Jermichael Finley. Tight ends that can catch will help also.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I want Britt. Cheap young and talented that has had time now to get his act together. could be a huge steal for a bargain price. If not, cut him.

I would also consider steve smith for the right price on a 1 year deal.

otherwise just draft some guys, and roll with Harvin/Bandwin/Kearse/Lockett/canada guy

Latest posts