Wild Card Chances......

semiahmoo

Reaction score
pmedic920":l6ajvtlj said:
ESPN says it’s a 99% chance as of now.

Crazy when you go back and think about what this place was like just a few weeks ago.

So crazy it might just work...

semiahmoo

Reaction score
pmedic920":34j19m0n said:
ESPN has modified there stance.

Now saying 99.6 %

Lol
:{)

That's almost as good as my accuracy rating.

Almost.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
pmedic920":3adxombo said:

Crazy when you go back and think about what this place was like just a few weeks ago.

Quite literally everything that could have broken our way (playoff wise) in the last three weeks has.

We've been on a roll.

Carolina has tanked

Washington has tanked

Packers tanked

Philly has lost just enough to stay out of the fray.

Minnesota has struggled.

That combined with our winnable back end of a schedule has really set up for a beautiful end to the regular season. Now if we can stay injury free and fresh going into the playoffs, who knows!

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":f0qkunnf said:
pmedic920":f0qkunnf said:

Quite literally everything that could have broken our way (playoff wise) in the last three weeks has.

We've been on a roll.

Carolina has tanked

Washington has tanked

Packers tanked

Philly has lost just enough to stay out of the fray.

Minnesota has struggled.

That combined with our winnable back end of a schedule has really set up for a beautiful end to the regular season. Now if we can stay injury free and fresh going into the playoffs, who knows!

It’s almost astounding, both figuratively and mathematicallly, how everything is coming together for us at the optimal time. Let’s take care of business in SF and then give K.C. a run for their money. Great things are ahead for us.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
SeaChickN":3i44f0d4 said:
I ain't counting any chickens until every one of them is hatched.

The chick is poking its head through the last egg as we speak my friend.... ;)

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
pmedic920":26osxrrr said:
hawks85":26osxrrr said:
Well this also means if the everything goes well we will meet the Rams for the third time. THIS time we will win.

Although I wouldn’t have a ton of confidence, I think it’s statistically in our favor.
I’m thinking it’s pretty hard for any team (x)to beat team (y) 3 times in one season.

Easily I could be wrong.

Edit:
Did a little research, turns out that I am wrong on this thought.
From what I did read, it’s about a 70/30 split in favor of the team that already won twice.
I did find out that it’s a VERY common misconception, it’s even a statement that many “talking heads” make in print/video , probably where I got the idea from.
Prime example of “do you own research”, just because you hear and regurgitate something, doesn’t make it the truth.

Did you research the percentage of one team beating another team three times in a year twice as many attempts? Rams beat us three times in 2004.

That said, we didn't take to kindly to that fact and stomped them into the turf and took their lunch money for a decade afterward. And went to the Super Bowl the very next year.

And we're going to the playoffs as the #5 seed. Book it now.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1kk9qoab said:
Seahawks will clinch a Wild Card berth with a win over the 49ers on Sunday.

Isn’t it incredible to think how far we’ve come so quickly this year? I honestly didn’t think we’d be anywhere near this position when we were 0-2. We’ve now won 8 out of 11 and the NFC better be ready for us!

hawknation2018

Reaction score
>99% chance of making the playoffs.

96% Seahawks get the 5th seed.

Win over the 49ers clinches a playoff berth. That and a loss by the Vikings clinches the 5th seed.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Funny how Seahawks can clinch a wildcard two or three weeks sooner than some teams might clinch their division. Which might not be decided until the final week for at least a couple divisions.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Ruminator":2my0q5wr said:
Funny how Seahawks can clinch a wildcard two or three weeks sooner than some teams might clinch their division. Which might not be decided until the final week for at least a couple divisions.

We can rest, Naw scratch that, we can insert backup players that need playing time and experience on the field during games. INserting them one at a time so they can have experienced players showing them how it is done on the big scale.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Clinching scenarios:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JoeNFL/status/1072650276195262467[/tweet]

1. Win .... Simple.

Why did I include this tweet again?

johnnyfever

Reaction score
KC win = clinch first round bye. By the time we play them, there might not be anything for them to play for. Although, by then, we could have clinched 5th seed and also be giving our backups some real game experience.

Polaris

Reaction score
hawknation2018":6veyxy5w said:
Clinching scenarios:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JoeNFL/status/1072650276195262467[/tweet]

1. Win .... Simple.

Why did I include this tweet again?

If Seattle wins and the Vikings lose, then Seattle not only clinches a playoff berth, but the #5 seed which is the absolute best we can do.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
johnnyfever":yjl3cz0v said:
KC win = clinch first round bye. By the time we play them, there might not be anything for them to play for. Although, by then, we could have clinched 5th seed and also be giving our backups some real game experience.

Wouldn’t they also need the Patriots to lose to clinch the #1 seed? Patriots are just two games back and own the head-to-head tiebreaker.

Unfortunately, I think the Chargers may beat them. And the Patriots have a good shot against the Steelers. If either of those results happen, then KC will not have clinched the #1 seed when we play them.