Seahawks drop in NFLPA Team Report Card rankings

Mizak

Reaction score

Last season, the Seattle Seahawks ranked 11th overall, but this season they’ve dropped slightly in the report card rankings to a so-so 14th. Here’s the overview:

The Seattle Seahawks ranked 14th overall in the annual report. The franchise decided to move on from longtime head coach Pete Carroll, but at the time of the survey, he received strong grades from the players in the locker room. The team scores slightly above or close to average in most of the categories. The number one issue the players feel needs to be addressed is the lack of staffing and resources provided in the training room, with respondents noting that there are not enough quality trainers, limiting the players’ ability for one-one-one treatment for injury recovery and prevention. Respondents also noted that the aquatic room needs to be updated

bigcc

Reaction score
One fifth of the team thinking we don't have enough training staff (physical therapists and the like) is ******* embarrassing.

And not giving 1st round seats on flights?

Lol nickel and diming, I guess it makes sense since it's so difficult for nfl owners to turn a profit. Especially a team that has sold out for decades

OP
OP
M

Mizak

Reaction score

bruh, 21 teams ranked ahead of Seahawks.

Team travel was a C last year and remains a C this year. Personal room seems to be an issue among players, and unless something changed from 2022, the Seahawks are one of just seven teams without first-class seating.

one word to describe this: C H E A P.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Jody cannot be nickel-and-diming the bottom line if she plans on extending her ownership for such an indeterminate period.

The perception of this organization was painstakingly rebuilt by Paul. They went from a second-rate, rag-tag clan of South Alaskanites to a state-of-the-art, cream-of-the-crop outfit. Paul was revered and envied by fellow owners, and he set the example for them. He led them. He was respected. This all took a lot of money, time, and effort.

Jody cannot take her brother's creation and allow it to stagnate. She needs to prioritize selling the team out of Vulcan's hands as soon as is financially acceptable in accordance with Paul's will if she's going to be a miser here.

We have the funds. If we no longer have the desire or the willpower to do what it takes to provide a top organizational infrastructure, that's an issue.

Yeah, it's just one report card, but there's a little smoke here. The Seahawks CAN NOT turn into a joke like the Blazers.

Last edited:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

bruh, 21 teams ranked ahead of Seahawks.

Team travel was a C last year and remains a C this year. Personal room seems to be an issue among players, and unless something changed from 2022, the Seahawks are one of just seven teams without first-class seating.

one word to describe this: C H E A P.

Imagine being on a team that, due to location, has to travel double or triple the distance of a majority of the other teams in the league.

Now imagine you generate massive amounts of revenue for said organization, which a portion of is simply pocketed by ownership.

NOW, imagine those same multiple billionaires not even giving you a decent plane seat to offset the fact that you're traveling more than any other player in the league to make them millions of dollars.

Yes, you're generally doing pretty damn good financially as a player in the NFL.

But you could be rich and comfortable instead of rich and cramped in a plane seat trying to rest before and after sustaining car accident level hits to make your even MORE filthy rich owners richer.

Now imagine being on a vet minimum salary and probably only having two or three years in your entire career.

This sucks, man. Do better Vulcan

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I think it should come as no surprise that a team which has been roughly dead center of the pack for the last two years would find itself ranked near dead center.
The most important thing for me is that, due to action taken by ownership and management we seem to be on an upswing.

xray

Reaction score
Life can be so cruel . Only 2 NFL teams have their own planes , New England & AZ . The rest sit in the cheap seats . Forgive me for not giving a chit .

BlueTalon

Reaction score
This grade is based on the previous 11 months, right? We're almost to the end of the league year, so whatever grade teams get is a reflection of what the status was until now, right?

I suspect things will be different moving forward.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I will never understand the Seahawks not having their own custom built plane. Ever.
If memory serves, they had Seahawk 1, which was an Alaska Airlines plane with Seahawk livery. It was in service during the week, and was the designated team plane for away games. I think that was in the early years of Paul's ownership.

They don't need a custom built plane, but they could certainly use a designated plane with 1st/business class seats for the entire team and staff.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Apparently the Chiefs got one of the worst grades, so it does not dictate success.

Fair..

I mean...

If you want to be number one in a poll of young, male twenty somethings, provide free access to VIP clubs seven days a week with hangover rooms in lieu of film study. Make all booze and lap dances reimbursable. You'd climb this list pretty fast, but it would have an opposite correlation to success on the field.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Most of the guys are also larger than the average flyer. I am not sure why they all don’t have 1st class seating or a private plane. For as much money is invested throughout the team it seems a little ticky tacky not to give them that.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Yep, more complaints by the millionaire players.

I could truly care less.

chris98251

Reaction score
This guys think of their bodies vintage China, that they take to a Demolition derby weekly, they want undivided attention to get them back together and ready to play every week. They also mostly think of themselves as needing to be given special attention in all things. So if the staffing can't take care of a strain or there is not enough whirlpools for all of them they complain.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Imagine being on a team that, due to location, has to travel double or triple the distance of a majority of the other teams in the league.

Now imagine you generate massive amounts of revenue for said organization, which a portion of is simply pocketed by ownership.

NOW, imagine those same multiple billionaires not even giving you a decent plane seat to offset the fact that you're traveling more than any other player in the league to make them millions of dollars.

Yes, you're generally doing pretty damn good financially as a player in the NFL.

But you could be rich and comfortable instead of rich and cramped in a plane seat trying to rest before and after sustaining car accident level hits to make your even MORE filthy rich owners richer.

Now imagine being on a vet minimum salary and probably only having two or three years in your entire career.

This sucks, man. Do better Vulcan
I actually agree with @Maelstrom787

That said, I fully understand the opposing viewpoints and perception of spoiled entitlement with regard to first class.

That said.. I'll echo some of Mael's thoughts.

1. I'm an airline pilot. I can tell you that the ability to fly comfortably on long flights is transformative with regard to fatigue. When I cross ponds, having a first class or biz class seat can virtually evaporate customary jet leg. I won't even cross a pond when I leisure travel unless I can sit in biz. It seriously "adds" a day to my vacation.

2. The Seahawks travel more miles than any other team perpetually. In other words, if any team would benefit from the increased comfort of lay down seats and the abilty to rest, it's Seattle. They routinely have trips blocked at 6 hours or more.

3. My take is based on my experience in a 5'10'' "regular dude" body. I find coach and even econ + confined. I can't imagine how that seat feels to a Charles Cross or Anthony Bradford.

4. The flight home comes after three hours of violent collisions commensurate to freaking minor car wrecks. The body needs the abilty relax, stretch out, and be unrestricted to avoid clotting and cramping.

In other words, it is a competitive advantage, not just a luxury ask perk of the job. I get it. I know these dudes are paid bank, but it makes a difference.