Wild Card start times announced:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Friday: 1:07 pm PT
Saturday: 1:07 pm PT
Sunday: 11:07 am PT

Sunday game COULD move to a different start time depending on one of the other series'. Just announced on 710 ESPN.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Well I'm definitely watching the Mariners instead of the Seahawks on Sunday.

Who is televising. I'm guessing no ROOT and all national TV? Usually TBS does playoffs.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fingers crossed that Sunday gets moved to a later time. I think 710 said ESPN for game 1. But I would think Root would also do it. Sorry I didn't provide a link, just got so excited to actually hear the start times hahahaha

Just checked. ESPN on FRI/SAT, ABC on Sunday. But I'm going to check the schedule tonight, I really hope Root covers it. Then we can have the local coverage.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Really hoping that 11:07am Sunday (PT) game gets moved later. Having it at the same time as the Hawks? Lame

Chapow

Reaction score
You've gotta be fvcking shitting me. First playoff game in 21 years and it's in the middle of the day on a fvcking weekday? HUGE AZZ GO FVCK YOURSELF RIGHT IN YOUR FVCKING FACE TO MLB! WHAT THE FVCK!?!

Crizilla

Reaction score
You've gotta be fvcking shitting me. First playoff game in 21 years and it's in the middle of the day on a fvcking weekday? HUGE AZZ GO FVCK YOURSELF RIGHT IN YOUR FVCKING FACE TO MLB! WHAT THE FVCK!?!
It's nothing new playoff baseball has been played during the day sometimes for decades

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah playoff baseball in the early rounds is always day games. Not sure why, but nothing new.

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah playoff baseball in the early rounds is always day games. Not sure why, but nothing new.
Because the big media markets won't sacrifice their prime time schedules for it. Follow the money. 🤷‍♂️

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
We're still the 3rd game on Friday. I thought for sure they would have had us the 1st if not second game.

Chapow

Reaction score
It's nothing new playoff baseball has been played during the day sometimes for decades

The whole wild card round format is brand new this year. "It's nothing new" doesn't really apply when the entire wildcard round is literally brand new.

It's just dumb from an MLB perspective as well. Do you think there would be more viewers in the afternoon or the evening on a weekday? I guess they just want less viewers for the playoffs? Fvcking stupid.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
We all have our schedules. It works for some, and not for others. I work 4/10's and am off on Friday's, so it's perfect. And no gig til Saturday night, also works out for me.
Should be more like 4 or 5pm, but whatever. I'm stoked for Playoff baseball.

Chapow

Reaction score
We all have our schedules. It works for some, and not for others. I work 4/10's and am off on Friday's, so it's perfect. And no gig til Saturday night, also works out for me.
Should be more like 4 or 5pm, but whatever. I'm stoked for Playoff baseball.

Of course. I get that. There's no start time that works for every single person. But there is a start time that works for the most people. There's a reason that "primetime" is in the evenings, and not the middle of the day.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I hear you though, 1pm on a Friday is a little meh overall. I could see if they gave more than a 2 day notice. Here's to hoping a lot of people just call in sick on Friday 🍻