Will Dissly > Jimmy Graham

Seymour

Reaction score
There, I said it!
Sounds pretty ridiculous doesn't it?
Think again.....

Well for this team, the way Pete wants to play it is the absolute truth! Great blocker but a total secret weapon that just finds a way to get open, make the catch and take the hit without dropping it. Also just makes huge plays! I have yet to see him disappear, or get that JG pouty face that would cause stretches of disappearance.

What an awesome find!!! :2thumbs:

His numbers through 5 games....

Attachments

• Dissly.jpg
    Dissly.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 2,025

Maulbert

Reaction score
Seymour":14qci1g7 said:
There, I said it!
Sounds pretty ridiculous doesn't it?
Think again.....

Well for this team, the way Pete wants to play it is the absolute truth! Great blocker but a total secret weapon that just finds a way to get open, make the catch and take the hit without dropping it. Also just makes huge plays! I have yet to see him disappear, or get that JG pouty face that would cause stretches of disappearance.

What an awesome find!!! :2thumbs:

His numbers through 5 games....

He's a much better blocker, to be sure.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
We will see but an argument can be made today he is a better offensive weapon as well.

In 3 seasons Graham "the huge red zone threat" averaged 6 TD's per season. Dissly has 4 after 5 games and is on pace to put up 12+ his first full season.

Also he just has the toughness and mentality this team needs unlike "I'm Jimmy" ever had.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's a trip how amazing he is at catching basically anything that touches his hands. At UW, he was basically another lineman, incredible blocker.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Dissly is a great player, but one thing I think is worth mentioning is the fact that Schottenheimer is a lot better at using TE's than Bevell ever was. In fact I think that is his greatest strength as a coordinator.

Bevell's usage of TE's was quite dismal. Zack Miller and Jimmy Graham are good examples of this. Miller was one of the better receiving TE's before he came to Seattle. Despite having poor QB's he posted 700, and 800 yard seasons. He wasn't a big playmaker per say but he was a chain mover.

Jimmy Graham was used like he was a traditional blocking tight end. I don't know what Bevell and Carroll were thinking. They pigeon holded him into a role that he wasn't suited for, and didn't utilize his talents. Even in 2016 i'd argue that he could have put up better numbers if Bevell and Carroll used him properly. Unfortunately now Graham looks to be a shadow of his former self. I think injury and age has taken a toll on him.

Under Schottenheimer both Luke Willson and Dissly are thriving.

iigakusei

Reaction score
I for one will admit I never thought in a trillion years he could be this good.
He has been absolutely amazing, especially coming off the serious injury.

sutz

Reaction score
Dissly is a real TE. Graham was an oversized WR.

:Dunno:

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Dissly is a Miller clone. Versatile, good hands, 5.0 40 but savvy enough to find openings. Oh, and he can block.

Schotty is definitely better at using TEs. And Russ trusts Dissly like he does Lockett.

toffee

Reaction score
Mad Dog":2oyt5cfi said:
Dissly is a Miller clone. Versatile, good hands, 5.0 40 but savvy enough to find openings. Oh, and he can block.

Schotty is definitely better at using TEs. And Russ trusts Dissly like he does Lockett.

With Lockett and Dissly, Russ has two reliable target that he trusts. If DK can be up to speed at some point, our passing game would become something harder to defend. Then there's that running game of Carson!

Chapow

Reaction score
toffee":2j1fgv8j said:
sutz":2j1fgv8j said:

THIS!!

Agreed, but Graham was one helluva good receiver when he was actually used like one (in N.O.). It's not his fault that we chose to use him how we did when he was here. IMO, we kinda blew it. We had an absolutely dominant receiving TE but chose to not really take advantage of that for the most part.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
sutz":1ehyeo0e said:

Yep and I think one of the absolute worst things Pete has ever tried as a HC was the attempt to make him a blocker as well as a receiver. He was never going to block jack.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I don't think it matters whether or not if Graham was a better TE than Dissly, all that matters is that Dissly works better with the Seahawks and Russell.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Graham was scared of his shadow. Dissly takes the shot to make the catch and goes to the dirty areas of the field to make it happen. Graham isnt exactly lighting the lamp with Erin either.

Polk738

Reaction score
That play where Russ did a little flip pass to Dissly on the edge was a thing of beauty, I don't think I have EVER seen them run that play before and it completely caught me off guard when I saw it-and even better it got the first down lol.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
I just enjoy the fact that the team has a legitimate and consistent tight end. I was a big fan of getting Dissly when the team drafted him and I'm happy that we'll get to see a full season (knock on wood) out of him. I know Baldwin was Russel's safety blanket, well, that could transfer to Dissly.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Graham was a maddening player to watch. He'd be wide open & just drop an easy pass that would have converted a 3rd down forcing a punt then turn around & make some great catches for TD's in the red zone.

Dissly is just better suited to what the Seahawks are trying to do on offence than Graham ever was.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
This just in: water is wet.

Not saying that be a douche, but it is clear that Dissly is not only a better player for this type of offense, he's just a better overall TE, because, like Sutz implied, he's an actual TE. Graham was a TE in title only, he never was the complete package that a TE should be.

Latest posts