Will Dissly

Cyrus12

Reaction score
James in PA":23jdyvre said:
One name to keep an eye on in free agency: Austin Hooper from Atlanta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was the best te statistically until he got injured for a few weeks. Probably get more than were willing to pay. I think the entire offense would benefit from an upgrade to this position.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
On a positive note, he's only got one native achilles and one native patellar tendon left. So his injury risk is falling year by year. By year 5 he should be ready for a whole season and his second contract will be peanuts.

Gotta look at the bright side.

Bullmeister

Reaction score
So what is the deal with Luke Willson then? He left the team, he came back, I don't ever recall him ever being considered a bad/we must replace him kind fo TE. Sure he might be older but he has good experience, is decent and probably a good backup.

EDIT: Doh! He had been discussed earlier in thread. :?

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Sure, the SB two teams have great TEs, but this is irrelevant. It’s like the Niners have a great run system and everyone should do this. Duh. Been running the ball before it became a trend.

As most have said, TE is a key position in Schotty’s system. TEs had 50+ receptions at NY Jets and Rams when he was their OC. Again, before this became a trend.

Getting a TE will be a point of emphasis.

The offense was crippled when we lost Dissly. Having Dickson on IR for 2 years didn’t help. The Hawks will not make this mistake again. They will get a TE, maybe two, because this is a key position in this system.

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
truehawksfan":26nw629m said:
Sure, the SB two teams have great TEs, but this is irrelevant. It’s like the Niners have a great run system and everyone should do this. Duh. Been running the ball before it became a trend.

As most have said, TE is a key position in Schotty’s system. TEs had 50+ receptions at NY Jets and Rams when he was their OC. Again, before this became a trend.

The offense was crippled when we lost Dissly. Having Dickson on IR for 2 years didn’t help. The Hawks will not make this mistake again. They will get a TE, maybe two, because this is a key position in this system.

I don't think that a team can get to the SB without a stud TE in this era of the NFL , It is relevant .IMO

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
xray":2f9h4vso said:
truehawksfan":2f9h4vso said:

I don't think that a team can get to the SB without a stud TE in this era of the NFL , It is relevant .IMO
Which is why I hope they go after Hooper or Henry in FA.

Kinger95

Reaction score
Largent80":2rig8xt3 said:
Spending top draft capital on a TE is not where this team needs to go. Both trenches are mired in mediocrity. It is KNOWN.

Exactly. The trenches are where we lost battles all year. Need some guys that can swing that our way. Our O is certainly capable once we’re down 17 lol. We have the pieces to score but the lines just don’t have the horses

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":2yu1rw1e said:
Spending top draft capital on a TE is not where this team needs to go. Both trenches are mired in mediocrity. It is KNOWN.

:ditto:
I find it unlikely they'll get a top free agent TE. A late round pick and a blocking vet TE on a favorable deal is the most likely scenerio

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I'd bet they have a list of their most coveted TEs available in the draft, as well as at every position of need. I think they'll just see how the draft is going before they decide when to take their best shot. But unless something REALLY good shows up in FAs I would wait to go on that until after the draft. There a a number of good O Linemen (especially center) in the draft, and that is definitely a need. I think the DE spot isn't so strong in the draft so that and CB are what I'd be looking to see what FA has to offer.
The thing about experienced O Linemen is they usually have a collection of injury baggage. That's why I don't mind going young and injury free for them.

Vesuve

Reaction score
xray":o5z2xn5e said:
When healthy he looks like a pro bowl TE ; but has only managed to appear in 10 games out of a possible 35 including 3 post season games . Should the Hawks take a serious look at the upcoming draft for a couple more TE's and FA TE's too ?

Move on from Dissly.

Sad, but needed.

massari

Reaction score
James in PA":ll9mrwl2 said:
One name to keep an eye on in free agency: Austin Hooper from Atlanta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From PFF:

Hooper has developed into a solid receiving option, but he’s more of a dependable, complementary piece rather than a mismatch creator. Since 2016, Hooper has gained 75.5% of his receiving production on targets defined as holes in zones or underneath the defense (think drag routes, flat routes) — by far the highest percentage in the league. Add to it that Hooper has just a 58.9 receiving grade against single coverage since 2016, and it’s clear that his production has largely been a product of the situation in Atlanta. All that said, Hooper is a mid-tier run blocker who can take advantage of being surrounded by good playmakers on the outside, and he has value as a complementary piece in the passing game.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
It's adjacent to the topic, but I think people really underestimate how hard the TE position is, and how hard to evaluate the TE position is.

I have no data to back it up, but my *guess* is that the hit rate on supposedly excellent TEs taken in the first round might be the lowest position group hit rate in the NFL. It seems like there's a couple of these guys every year and they practically never pan out.

sutz

Reaction score
Vesuve":1xpblhe8 said:
xray":1xpblhe8 said:
When healthy he looks like a pro bowl TE ; but has only managed to appear in 10 games out of a possible 35 including 3 post season games . Should the Hawks take a serious look at the upcoming draft for a couple more TE's and FA TE's too ?

Move on from Dissly.

Sad, but needed.
Not while he's on a rookie contract. :34853_doh:

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":ifqhyhth said:
Move on from Dissly? Um...….no
Knowing Seattle's luck, if the team stupidly did, he'd go to New England and would never be injured again, and evolve into a Top 5 TE.

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":18t1eest said:
Move on from Dissly? Um...….no

Another season will show everyone exactly what they have in Dissly ; but another season ending injury would indicate a situation similar to Prosise . Not physically dependable to contribute on a regular basis . Not sure if that means he's a bust or not :?:

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Why not get Hooper and Henry. I'd like to line up in 2 wr 2 Te sets with them on the field. Is it max protect for deep routes to Tyler or DK, are we cramming it down their throat with Carson or do we bust them up the seem for cheating up on the run. Give Russ weapons. Look at how Kelce, Gronk, and Kittle have kept drives alive and made their QBs look elite.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I have high hopes for Dissly but I fear he may be the teams next CJ Procise. Tons of talent, can’t stay healthy.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":2g7zw41p said:
I have high hopes for Dissly but I fear he may be the teams next CJ Procise. Tons of talent, can’t stay healthy.

Marcus Tubbs

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Wenhawk":24yw2iwe said:
oldhawkfan":24yw2iwe said:

Marcus Tubbs

I remember that one year Tubbs was healthy.

Latest posts