Will Idzik come back to the Hawks?

morgulon1

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":eujljcai said:
HawkFan72":eujljcai said:
He was a great cap guy. If they have a spot for him, I'd love to see him come back. Schneider used to praise him for being such a cap genius.
This!

Would love to have him back. Dude was the CapMaster.

GODSPEED CAPMASTER GODSPEED!!!!!!!!!

chris98251

Reaction score
lukerguy":6kelnufe said:
I started this thread in this forum a few days ago. No one responded except to move to the NFL Forum. I think the mods just a flip a coin sometimes.

Well a few days it was a rumor, now he's fired and it's legitimate.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":4jjyv3t7 said:
lukerguy":4jjyv3t7 said:
I started this thread in this forum a few days ago. No one responded except to move to the NFL Forum. I think the mods just a flip a coin sometimes.

But this thread was started before he got fired too.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Seanhawk":c0bxc96o said:
chris98251":c0bxc96o said:
lukerguy":c0bxc96o said:

But this thread was started before he got fired too.

Yeah... so back to that coin flip thing..

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I call it not a coin flip...but relevant to the Hawks. It was not when he still had a job..now that he is on a bench somewhere, he becomes more relevant and it is directly related to the hawks possibilities.
That being said, Naw no thanks. We got Schneider and he seems to have what we need there.

mikeak

Reaction score
Got to laugh at some of the statements here

"damaged goods"

What happened in New York that made him incapable of running calculations?

"We got Schneider"

So we had Schneider and Idzik before. Why would that not work again?

"Draft picks get slotted for pay."

Yeah to a large extent BUT there are still FA, trades and ways to structure contracts that is important.

Look - he was given a very short time to turn around a huge mess. I put none of the NY Jets blame on him with that owner and stuck with a defensively minded coach that up to last year didn't even participate in the offense meetings that they had.

Is Idzik a great GM? I don't know but don't think he got the chance to answer that question either. I am somewhat perplexed that people made him a GM after he was great at running numbers for the Seahawks. Not sure how that translates to evaluating players but then I don't have all his background information.

Point being - he did a really good job with the Cap. He set the contracts up in a smart way - we have a lot of flexibility today both without "playing with the numbers" and from the standpoint that once we get up against the cap we can seriously play those games with the numbers.

Yes I would want him back - don't think he will come back though. He will look for something better first