Will Marshawn ever raise the flag?

BlueThunder

Reaction score
McGruff":2dcxttv7 said:
Zebulon Dak":2dcxttv7 said:
It would be the most epic flag raising of all time. I have doubts that he'd actually be willing to do it though.

Yeah, I agree. It just doesn't seem to fit his personality.

You have a different view of his personality than I do. I think he'd do it in a heartbeat, and enjoy doing it. That media stuff, now that he's out of the league has probably already faded away. I think he actually likes the limelight, as long as it's on his terms. He seems to like to be on reality shows. "Tanked", and now that Bear Grylls thing. Marshawn WILL raise the flag one day. I'd put money on it.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
BlueThunder":2wxn2k72 said:
McGruff":2wxn2k72 said:
Zebulon Dak":2wxn2k72 said:
It would be the most epic flag raising of all time. I have doubts that he'd actually be willing to do it though.

You have a different view of his personality than I do. I think he'd do it in a heartbeat, and enjoy doing it. That media stuff, now that he's out of the league has probably already faded away. I think he actually likes the limelight, as long as it's on his terms. He seems to like to be on reality shows. "Tanked", and now that Bear Grylls thing. Marshawn WILL raise the flag one day. I'd put money on it.

I would agree with BT. If Beasty controls the story and not the pundits, then he is more comfortable. They cant spin Beasties story now like they could all the time with his time as a Hawk.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Since he wouldn't have to talk to anyone, there's a possibility. But he does have a history of not wanting to do anything with football except play it, so I wouldn't bet on it.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
McGruff":10qmm8de said:
Zebulon Dak":10qmm8de said:

He'd probably say thanks for asking.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
So hard to work out.

On the one hand, it fits with his 'man of the people' type personality. It is for the fans after all.

But then would it be too 'corporate' for him to do something like that on behalf of the franchise? Would he think it was beneath him?

chris98251

Reaction score
They let him keep 5 million dollars, I don't think he has an issue with the franchise and he is a consummate team mate, it's all about the right time and place. Kenny Easley raised it and there has not been a player more loved by the fans that had a bigger grudge then he had. They made amends.

Basis4day

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":229hwq6b said:
So hard to work out.

On the one hand, it fits with his 'man of the people' type personality. It is for the fans after all.

But then would it be too 'corporate' for him to do something like that on behalf of the franchise? Would he think it was beneath him?

I think it has a chance of happening sooner rather than later while there are plenty of his former teammates on the team.
10 years from now? I doubt it would happen.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
I must admit that I have been very disappointed with some of the people selected to raise the 12th Man Flag in Pre game ceremonies through the past several years. Frankly, I was just not impressed with their accomplishments.

However, that said, Marshawn would be among the most worthy to ever raise our flag!

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Much as I would love to, I just don't see Mr. "Don't talk about it, lay back, kick back mind my own business" getting into it.

0b242d254ebbcc5a89dd116bfc87aa3a

It would be epic to see him raise the flag, run up and climb the railing, and do the biggest crotch grab ever while spinning a towel with his other hand

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1qpfdk2a said:
I must admit that I have been very disappointed with some of the people selected to raise the 12th Man Flag in Pre game ceremonies through the past several years. Frankly, I was just not impressed with their accomplishments.

However, that said, Marshawn would be among the most worthy to ever raise our flag!

To be fair, it's been going on while now, so it's not always going to be an amazing person we all know and love. Gonna be some duds in there.

As far as Marshawn? Idk, I think it might take time for it, but eventually he might want to come back and soak up some of the fan love raising the flag. He's a big kid at heart, so raising the flag getting to wave it around in front of the crowd might be something he digs.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
You could probably get him to show up if you invited him to come with a dozen kids from the Family First Foundation for the Flag raising and a game.

Rat

Reaction score
Nobody likes being in front of the camera more than Marshawn. I'm sure he'll do it at some point, probably soon.

Own The West

Reaction score
Dec 4 vs Carolina for home field advantage in the playoffs.

Rob12

Reaction score
He'll raise the flag multiple times in the future. I'd guarantee it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Will Marshawn ever raise the flag? What kind of a question is that?

jwExO_s-200x150.gif