Will Robert Turbin be a Seahawk in 2016?

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
I don't think it will take much money to price Turbin out of Seattle's model. I just question if a former 4th round pick with a 4.0 YPC as a #2 back in a historically good rushing offense can justify that kind of love around the league. I'm guessing that Seattle will value him higher than anyone else, even if they do have him on a tiny budget.

If Turbin does leave I'll wish him the best. I think he'd be a nice fit in Denver (if Manning is still around).

DavidSeven

Reaction score
He looked pretty good as our first option late in the season when Marshawn was having recurring stomach issues. I've said this before, but I think Turbin is actually a good option early in games against fresher lines. He has good initial burst and doesn't dance. Marshawn usually does his damage at the second level when defensive lines are worn out. Early in games, he can get stonewalled rather frequently (though obviously against stacked boxes).

Anyway, I don't think Turbo is necessarily a RB1 or a workhorse back. But if your RB1 missed a few games, could you win with a fresh Turbin? Sure. Pair that with his friendship with Wilson, who honestly needs as many allies on this offense as he can get, and there has to be some value in retaining him. That being said, given the cap circumstances, that number would have to be pretty low and that would also assume Marshawn walks away.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
DavidSeven":ce6hzxxd said:
Pair that with his friendship with Wilson, who honestly needs as many allies on this offense as he can get...
What do you mean by this? Did I miss something?

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
In my mind Turbin is a less productive version of Ben Tate, and look how well Tate did last year after leaving the Texans. The reason I do think he'll be back is because I don't think there will be much of a market for him at all as an unrestricted free agent. That could change if he blows up this year.

cacksman

Reaction score
BlueTalon":vpjvwz7i said:
DavidSeven":vpjvwz7i said:
Pair that with his friendship with Wilson, who honestly needs as many allies on this offense as he can get...

Yeah, that comment makes zero sense.

McGruff

Reaction score
BlueTalon":k7ii2jrg said:
DavidSeven":k7ii2jrg said:

Is Robert Turbin black enough to have Russell Wilson's back?

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think Turbin leaves. I love the guy but if Lynch retires they probably give Christine his shot because of his talent. Turbin will get more money to play somewhere else next year IMO.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
BlueTalon":35acz2zh said:
DavidSeven":35acz2zh said:

Not referring to anything in particular. My (completely unsourced) impression is that this team is young and targets a lot of "alphas," which is probably good in some respects but can lead to an odd leadership dynamic. I think offenses benefit when players on the same page with the QB. I don't know if that's true of Doug or Marshawn all the time, so I think it's good when a QB has those guys who can extend his sphere of influence. I'm sure vet guys like Michael Robinson, Leon Washington, Zach Miller, Max Unger, etc. helped play that role in the past. With a couple more years of experience, Turbo is a natural pick to transition into that role.

Again, I'm just speculating. If you choose to believe our guys have consistently been on the same page the last couple of years and that there's never been any sort of "divide," then that's up to you.

cacksman

Reaction score
I think implying that Schneider would keep Turbin around, in part because of his friendship with the QB, is silly. Different strokes I guess.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
And yet people here are quick to believe we low-balled Tate because he was beefin' with the QB. Anyway, it all plays a part in value. It's already been confirmed that John talks about draft prospects with Wilson and Baldwin. They do a thorough psychological profile to see who will "fit in." They put a premium on talent, but that doesn't mean culture is completely ignored.

If the players don't cut it on the field, then it doesn't matter. But like kearly, I think Turbin is a perfectly viable RB2 and would really be surprised if he was priced out by 2016. That being the case, why wouldn't his friendship with RW be a point in his favor? Are we really going to pretend Mike Rob's friendship with Lynch and his overall "glue factor" had nothing to do with his return in 2013?

See the big picture. It's never been 100% about physical talent with this team, and it's been even less about that since the Percy debacle.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3hq0odpf said:
And yet people here are quick to believe we low-balled Tate because he was beefin' with the QB. Anyway, it all plays a part in value. It's already been confirmed that John talks about draft prospects with Wilson and Baldwin. They do a thorough psychological profile to see who will "fit in." They put a premium on talent, but that doesn't mean culture is completely ignored.

If the players don't cut it on the field, then it doesn't matter. But like kearly, I think Turbin is a perfectly viable RB2 and would really be surprised if he was priced out by 2016. That being the case, why wouldn't his friendship with RW be a point in his favor? Are we really going to pretend Mike Rob's friendship with Lynch and his overall "glue factor" had nothing to do with his return in 2013?

See the big picture. It's never been 100% about physical talent with this team, and it's been even less about that since the Percy debacle.
I understood what you meant, and agree.

Throwdown

Reaction score
knownone":64t7f12x said:
Turbin reminds me of Julius Jones in his prime, not quite a #1 but good enough to not look out classed when in the role.

That's insulting as hell.

Forsett was better.

cacksman

Reaction score
DavidSeven":gbrbxze4 said:

I think it was Coleman's injury mid-season that had everything to do with Mike Rob returning. He was cut, remember?

Real Rob was cut, Red Bryant, Zach Miller, Chris Clemons, and on and on have been cut from this team, when everyone thought they had this irreplaceable "locker room presence".

But I guess you can go ahead and imply that the QB, which we might make the highest paid player in the history of the game, needs his 2nd string RB signed so he can have supporters on offense.