Will RW's Divorce Affect His Play?

Will the Divorce Have a Negative Affect on RW's Play (At Least Initially)

• Yes

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • No

Votes: 104 89.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TXHawk

Reaction score
Whatever was going on in his marriage started well before the Super Bowl and didn't seem to affect his focus or play at all. And, if anything, RW appeared to be having the time of his life during the offseason.

dbmack

Reaction score
brimsalabim":qkj78ta4 said:
When you don't have kids involved you aren't really married your just in a serious relationship. If something goes wrong you can come to an arangement, part ways, move on with your lives and never have to deal with each other again. It's a clean break. Russell will be fine there...
On the other hand he may not want to work late quite so often now.
What? I don't have children but I am really married and not just in a serious relationship. If we were to divorce I would be devastated.

Smellyman

Reaction score
DrDix":19xlodeg said:
I like how people are trying to say 'lock this thread' 'would you want your divorce discussed?'

Like, please. The question is perfectly valid, and in no way is talking about the divorce itself....I am not sure how some even come to the conclusion that this is talking about his divorce.

Yes it will affect his play.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

taco40

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":oz5h7960 said:
I found that after my divorce some years ago, I had a profound craving for asparagus.

Were you pregnant?
:les:

OP
OP
Z

ZagHawk

Reaction score
dbmack":yon8eaf8 said:
brimsalabim":yon8eaf8 said:
When you don't have kids involved you aren't really married your just in a serious relationship. If something goes wrong you can come to an arangement, part ways, move on with your lives and never have to deal with each other again. It's a clean break. Russell will be fine there...
On the other hand he may not want to work late quite so often now.
What? I don't have children but I am really married and not just in a serious relationship. If we were to divorce I would be devastated.

THIS. I have kids, my wife and I (prior to the kid) had a huge falling out (obviously my screw up), and I was an emotional wreck for like easily 3-4 months (and we weren't even married yet). Hell it only got better because we worked things out. Don't get me wrong now that we have a kid, and we're married. I'm sure if things went south, I'd be a worse wreck than then, but at the time, that was the worse feeling I've ever experienced. Hell a lot of us like to make fun of middle schoolers and high schoolers when they get in their relationship issues and say "that's not real love". But if you all think back when you were in middle school and high school, when a girl "broke your heart" was that NOT the worse feeling you've ever had in your life up to that point? I mean high school love compared to marriage love is definitely not the same thing, BUT when you're in it, it's real enough. Much like a marriage without kids vs with kids, is not the same thing, but when you're in it, it's serious enough. You don't live in kid-less marriage thinking "Oh we don't have kids, therefore if we were to get divorced, it wouldn't be that bad". Hell if anything you're more IN LOVE in that kid less marriage, and in the marriage with a kid or kids, you're two seconds from strangling each other (but the love is there of course).

That being said. We're not discussing the details and speculations of RW's divorce. This is a valid question especially for those who can empathize on the situation. These things are serious. Hell if partying is going to be a distraction for Manziel, you're telling me a divorce isn't POTENTIALLY a bigger distraction?

I never thought of what others wrote though, it is possible this stuff is from way long ago and could very well explain the drop off in his production prior to the playoffs, and at this point it's already taken its toll and he's moved on. As others have wrote, it could actually make him better. Which is true sometimes work is the easiest way to get your mind off things.

endzorn

Reaction score
The hardest thing about divorce was trying to decide which dance I would do when the papers were signed.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I'm divorcing this thread. And it won't effect my play. :p

Seriously? RW is a rock, Stainless steel. Super Russell!!

Latest posts