Will RW's Divorce Affect His Play?

Will the Divorce Have a Negative Affect on RW's Play (At Least Initially)

• Yes

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • No

Votes: 104 89.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brimsalabim

Reaction score
When you don't have kids involved you aren't really married your just in a serious relationship. If something goes wrong you can come to an arangement, part ways, move on with your lives and never have to deal with each other again. It's a clean break. Russell will be fine there...
On the other hand he may not want to work late quite so often now.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Not even close as far as being the worst thread, but not worth discussing as he wanted to keep that whole situation private to allow them to work things out as they will between themselves. I voted emphatically NO!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I was wondering why he has not completed a single pass in camp! OMG, it was the divorce!

Did I accidentally log into The View?

chris98251

Reaction score
If it was going to make a impact on his play it would have been when the wound was open and fresh, now it's in the background, his going forward lifestyle and how he handles it is the only other aspect of his life that could change his focus maybe. I think his popularity and everyone wanting a piece of him will have a bigger impact until he can learn to say no possibly, seems he is always on the run.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Scottemojo":294aymxr said:
I was wondering why he has not completed a single pass in camp! OMG, it was the divorce!

The View's not catty enough for this thread.

Largent80

Reaction score
Absolutely will have nothing to do with his play. If he had problems in his marriage last year, it sure didn't show up on the field. Ball and Chain is cut off = Free reign.

cacksman

Reaction score
BocciHawk":3scng364 said:
Cartire":3scng364 said:
If you believe hearsay and internet rumors. The Divorce (or issues leading up to the divorce) began before the NFCCG. If thats true, and Ive heard it around alot, he played pretty amazingly in the next 2 games. So I would say it'll be aight.

Well, and you don't even need to take rumors or Internet into account, it's pretty obvious RW is a thoughtful guy, and so one can assume he wouldn't take such a drastic action without giving it some serious thought and possibly trying counseling or getting advice from a few other people and then thinking about it some more... given the timing of the announcement of the divorce one has to come to the conclusion that whatever was going on had to have come to his attention two, four, six months earlier, at least that would be logical.

I suspect that whatever was going on probably started getting weird in November, honestly, that's my best guess. There were a few games in that timeframe where RW wasn't as crisp or as present as he had been earlier in the season. I suspect he came to some decisions in late December or early January and was just waiting to make an announcement until the right time i.e. a few weeks after the season was over.

Long story short, I think everything this season will be fine, if there were any short term issues, they are long gone.

He's lucky that there aren't children involved, and it's also good that people are honoring his request to leave them alone while they work through the issues and the courts.

Uhhhh wat?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2w3oidz8 said:

Yep, this place within the past few days has turned into THE VIEW between this thread and the will Russel Wilson's divorce affect his play thread. Too many drama queens and or Chicken Little's freaking out over nothing.

huskylawyer

Reaction score
Divorce is tough, for sure. When I went through a divorce, I thought:

1) This is going to hurt financially after it is over. Will I be able to pay the bills?
2) Am I going to find someone else?
3) I have to start dating again? Ughh!
4) I'm in my late 30s; gonna be hard to score 8s, 9s and 10s.

Just a hunch, but considering that RW is basically the Derek Jeter of Seattle, none of the above issues will be on his mind lol. He's gonna be alright....

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Sports Hernia":3l456e8b said:
Scottemojo":3l456e8b said:

Yep, this place within the past few days has turned into THE VIEW between this thread and the will Russel Wilson's divorce affect his play thread. Too many drama queens and or Chicken Little's freaking out over nothing.

This is the "Will Russell Wilson's divorce affect his play" thread, ya Chicken Little!

On topic: of course it will affect it. Either positive or negative. Everything affects everything associated; that's a simple cause-effect rule.

Will it seriously impact his abilities and cause a significant drop in his performance on the field? I doubt it. Will it negatively affect it at all? Quite possibly not. Hell, it may even positively affect it.

I tend to think it may have contributed to a very slight drop in his stats this past year over his rookie year, but it's hard to say. It certainly didn't affect it much at all, if it did. I think we'll see continued excellence from him on the field, and in all likelihood will see a positive increase in his stats as he matures as a quarterback and learns more about the game. Will it be because of the divorce? Probably not.

themunn

Reaction score
EA Sports ratings guru Donny Moore writes: "The Madden NFL 15 cover athlete is the top-ranked CB in each of the following categories: Strength (72), Catching (82), and Man Coverage (98). He's also ranked second in Zone Coverage (96), AWR (94), AGI (96), Play Rec (95), and Jumping (98). Now do you see why he is rated 99 overall?”

Well two things, first, no way Sherman is the strongest cornerback in the game when we've seen Browner play, I'd argue even Maxwell might be stronger than him. Secondly, given that there are no stats that are actually 99, i can't see how Sherman is ranked 99, no. If a player came along with 90 strength, 95 catching and ever other stat identical, he'd also be rated 99, but clearly be better. The rating system is stupid (criticism of Madden, not Sherman).

DrDix

Reaction score
I like how people are trying to say 'lock this thread' 'would you want your divorce discussed?'

Like, please. The question is perfectly valid, and in no way is talking about the divorce itself....I am not sure how some even come to the conclusion that this is talking about his divorce.

Yes it will affect his play.

Latest posts