Will Seattle extend Pete Carroll this offseason?

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
mrt144":smwflg4r said:
bjornanderson21":smwflg4r said:
Pete and John have both gotten worse over the years, but until we can find someone better we are kind of stuck, so might as well extend him and if the next 3 years don't go so well then we move on.

You are the worst. A factory of negative opinions

The Seahawk fan is Mr. Negative while the Niner fan has a rational post and is praised in this thread.

Another long offseason... :34853_doh:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
:lol: :lol:

I will say this:

If Pete's no re-signed by August (and I TOTALLY, TOTALLY expect him to be) I think that means he'll probably retire after the season.

I really can't imagine him coaching somewhere else, but the guy has had a TON of success across his career and could walk away with finally having achieved success in the NFL too, and while leaving the Seahawks totally set up for the next regime.

That he's still "young" is a reason who he'd keep on coaching, but it could also be a reason why he retires. He doesn't strike me as the type of guy who would have a problem filling his days without the total grind of being an NFL head coach.

To be really clear I don't think he WILL do this, but if he did, I think he's earned the right and I could understand why he would.

Still not gonna happen, IMO though. TBH I think both of them re-up for another four years, which may in reality be three years, but would take them through the life of most of the contracts work they've been doing the past couple years. Locking up your core and then walking away just doesn't make much sense, whereas I can see them potentially thinking about hanging it up as third contracts start to come around starting in 2018 or so (Bennett and Kam are FAs after 2017; Sherm, Thomas, and Wright are all FAs following 2018, and Wilson, Wagner are FAs following 2019) .

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
dogorama":3ug9p92d said:
this thread is so bizzarre, 4 straight years in the running for a super bowl. he has built a dynasty out of a very mediocre franchise. do you know what most of the rest of the nfl would give for
r that? wake up and smell the coffee.
Actually it was 6 years but your point is valid. Bjorn is just a troll ignore his madness. Jealousy is an ugly thing don't you know?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3mfdcljc said:
...........Locking up your core and then walking away just doesn't make much sense, whereas I can see them potentially thinking about hanging it up as third contracts start to come around starting in 2018 or so (Bennett and Kam are FAs after 2017; Sherm, Thomas, and Wright are all FAs following 2018, and Wilson, Wagner are FAs following 2019) .
Very fine logic Popeye. Appreciate your posts on this thread.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I just hope when Pete walks away that there is a great replacement that can be had. It's kind of similar to picking the right year to suck for a better draft pick (aka the Colts way).

Still think it'd be hilarious if Harbaugh took over for Pete just to rub it in the nose of Jed York :lol:

Polaris

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1jlffnur said:
I just hope when Pete walks away that there is a great replacement that can be had. It's kind of similar to picking the right year to suck for a better draft pick (aka the Colts way).

Still think it'd be hilarious if Harbaugh took over for Pete just to rub it in the nose of Jed York :lol:

I think Harbaugh is very happy with Michigan (and I know the Wolverines love him), but I agree that it would be amusing. If it did happen, I'd want to be a fly on the wall when someone broke the news to Sherman and Baldwin.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
mrt144":2pgz8062 said:
bjornanderson21":2pgz8062 said:
Pete and John have both gotten worse over the years, but until we can find someone better we are kind of stuck, so might as well extend him and if the next 3 years don't go so well then we move on.

Seems to me like a full-blown sarcastic remark guys. I hope so anyway.

Hawks46

Reaction score
bigDhawk":slaeznrz said:
Glasgow Seahawk":slaeznrz said:
bjornanderson21":slaeznrz said:

Back to back super bowls, then won a play off game. Hardly terrible. Can't make it to the big dance every year.

I always worry that Green Bay will snatch Schneider. Is the Packers GM's job safe? Also worry incase an LA team went for Carroll with the USC connections.

I agree their drafts have gotten progressively worse the more time has passed since Pete's recruiting days. We had a bit of an uptick this last draft but we have not replaced talent the past few seasons like we did from 2010 - 2012 when the roster was rebuilt from scratch. 2013 and 2014 were especially abysmal and we are currently feeling the pain of those failures with lack of depth throughout the roster and lack of talent at some starting positions, especially on offense. We need a solid draft this year without getting cute with splash trades or pigeonholing a guy we want and trading back nine times to get him, passing over good players in the process.

We've had some of the best individual drafts of all time.

it's kind of hard to improve on that.

Hawks46

Reaction score
chris98251":3cnivizq said:
Well our drafts getting further from Petes recruiting days have evened out more with the rest of the league, going forward John and the Scouts are going to be earning their paychecks more and more.

Solid point.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":26uaodtj said:

Do you think the Patriots should have let go of Belichick during the 10 years they didn't win a Super Bowl?

The Seahawks will always be competitive under Pete Carroll (even in the beginning when they went 7-9 twice, the team was competitive on Sundays). That's all I ask for out of the coach. The Hawks would be stupid to let Carroll go if he wanted to stay just because the team isn't as good as the historic 2013 team. It's very likely we will never see a team that good again in Seattle, no matter who the coach or GM is.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":haeb67o4 said:

This sounds like Jed York.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
You turn to Pete Carroll and say, 'Here's a contract. You write a number next to the 'years' section'.

As far as I'm concerned he can coach here for as long as he chooses.

Ditto JS as the GM.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Hollywood_N_Vine":3edpp74d said:
Was wondering if the Hawks will extend Pete Carroll's contract this offseason. I believe his contract runs thru the 2016 season. Anyone hear anything on this? He turns 65 in September but I believe he still has 3-4 great years in him. Let's go JS/PA, give this man a new contract!!! :th2thumbs:

Yes he wants to be here in Seattle no question

randomation

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":24c78eqe said:

While that would be amusing I don't see it happening anytime soon thankfully.

chris98251

Reaction score
Pete enjoys all of it, if he tired of coaching he would still be the President of Operations and hand pick his successor and could be in the office working with Schneider more then on the sidelines.

He likes teaching his player and coaches, he likes the environment and coming to work every day, take a picture of him and Tom Coughlin who looks like they need to retire, Coughlins a good coach but the guy looked like a stress bucket waiting for a heart attack.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Not too many teams would let Pete be Pete in my opinion. They wouldn't alow the players personalities shine through like they do here. Pete loves this team, the fans and city. The whole LA thing is pure speculation. But if he does leave, I hope we can bring back Gus Bradley as coach. I know the record doesn't necessarily reflect it, but he has made the jags significantly better, which is no easy task. And his attitude fits exactly with what I love about our franchise. There is a huge coaching shortage in the nfl, and it is a completely scary thought to think about pc or js leaving us. We better pray it doesn't happen. And for the whole "worst call in sb history," that is complete crap. It wasnt that bad of a call. The logic make sense. It just had a bad outcome by an outstanding defensive play. Sucks that it wI'll always stain his record. Paul Allen absolutely loves his coach and gm, he would move the earth to find a way to keep them. They are not going anywhere. And I think the Packers are pretty happy with Ted Thompson, so I don't think John Schneider is going anywhere. Him being hand chosen by pc is probably a big deal in his mind, and he seems like a pretty loyal dude.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":35efdoio said:
I don't think you are cereal.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":q501ec4y said:
mrt144":q501ec4y said:
bjornanderson21":q501ec4y said:

The Seahawk fan is Mr. Negative while the Niner fan has a rational post and is praised in this thread.

Another long offseason... :34853_doh:

He's not a Seahawks fan. He's a viqueens troll. That's all.

lukerguy

Reaction score
OP: 3-4 years left?
He's got the soul of a 25 year old. I think he could coach into his mid 70s.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Pete sold his house last year, so my guess is that this might be his last season with us. They'll have two teams in LA by 2017....