Will Seattle extend Pete Carroll this offseason?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
chris98251":ow10s2kq said:
Pete enjoys all of it, if he tired of coaching he would still be the President of Operations and hand pick his successor and could be in the office working with Schneider more then on the sidelines.

He likes teaching his player and coaches, he likes the environment and coming to work every day, take a picture of him and Tom Coughlin who looks like they need to retire, Coughlins a good coach but the guy looked like a stress bucket waiting for a heart attack.

A friend of mine teaches some people things in a school for adults. Not all the people get it. When he sees one that does get the light to go on, it is such a treat for him. This is probably what Pete sees. Sometimes it dont work, but sometimes it does...and when it does..WOWWeeeee.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
RiverDog":3vs95l8m said:
Pete sold his house last year, so my guess is that this might be his last season with us. They'll have two teams in LA by 2017....

He sold that house and bought one next door....If I recall correctly...

RiverDog

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":32rbii9d said:
RiverDog":32rbii9d said:
Pete sold his house last year, so my guess is that this might be his last season with us. They'll have two teams in LA by 2017....

That obviously would have made news as real estate transactions are public information, and I have found none through a Google search. Do you have a source?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
RiverDog":3ik2j00k said:
Seahawkfan80":3ik2j00k said:
RiverDog":3ik2j00k said:

That obviously would have made news as real estate transactions are public information, and I have found none through a Google search. Do you have a source?

I shall have to look thru DotNet...I think I saw it there. And if it is on DotNet....it cant be wrong. :stirthepot:

SuperFreak

Reaction score
I'm ready for Pete to get paid and extended for a few more seasons, anyone else?

Sealake80

Reaction score
Yo without Pete we don't win a Super Bowl for God knows how long. Maybe lots of us would pass away before that ever happened. Now no one reading this has to die before our team wins it all. Pete brought that to us. He decides when to leave and why. Period.

C-Hawk-of-OZ

Reaction score
Hollywood_N_Vine":2xesw5gm said:
Was wondering if the Hawks will extend Pete Carroll's contract this offseason. I believe his contract runs thru the 2016 season. Anyone hear anything on this? He turns 65 in September but I believe he still has 3-4 great years in him. Let's go JS/PA, give this man a new contract!!! :th2thumbs:

JS has nothing to do with it! He is not Pete's boss. The structure is different than other team's. If Pete wants to continue then PA will give him the years he wants to coach. It is up to Pete and Paul not John.

chris98251

Reaction score
No they probably won't, the Rams are in L.A. now and I am sure Pete is going there next season, Mora will probably be available though and a interim till we find another Coach.

:stirthepot:

Sac

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2cdyvatr said:
bjornanderson21":2cdyvatr said:
Pete and John have both gotten worse over the years, but until we can find someone better we are kind of stuck, so might as well extend him and if the next 3 years don't go so well then we move on.
Never change dude you are so entertaining.
Yeah. Be exactly the same whilst I polish this large blunt object.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Complete speculation on my part, but I think Pete will coach 4-5 more years and then retire. He will then spend his time working with A Better LA, A Better Seattle and WinForever until he can't do it anymore.

rjdriver

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":3be381y7 said:
Pete and John have both gotten worse over the years, but until we can find someone better we are kind of stuck, so might as well extend him and if the next 3 years don't go so well then we move on.

Tough crowd.

I wish I could introduce you to 1992

Laloosh

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2p1g2i9h said:
I just hope when Pete walks away that there is a great replacement that can be had. It's kind of similar to picking the right year to suck for a better draft pick (aka the Colts way).

Still think it'd be hilarious if Harbaugh took over for Pete just to rub it in the nose of Jed York :lol:

I'm so torn on how to feel about this; I mean, Niner fans would lose their shit... We'd also lose Doug and Sherm to FA (unless they secretly still love him?).

I'm going to be thinking about this post for a while. Not because it's realistic but because it's entertaining as hell.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Maybe he's on the hot seat thus year and that's why there's no extension yet.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":3mbf4u2y said:
bjornanderson21":3mbf4u2y said:

Back to back super bowls, then won a play off game. Hardly terrible. Can't make it to the big dance every year.

I always worry that Green Bay will snatch Schneider. Is the Packers GM's job safe? Also worry incase an LA team went for Carroll with the USC connections.
Ted Thompson is in zero danger of losing his job. As for Pete and John? They'll be here as long as they choose.

summesm

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has any news on this subject. We're only about month away from training camp hoping something gets done soon if it is . John and Pete are great team and built something very special hope to see it continue .

dogorama

Reaction score
Like someone else said, it's up to Pete. He can probably stay as long as he wants and will probably stay as long as it is fun. As for JS, Green Bay cannot afford him. We are at the pinnacle of pro football now, there are no vertical moves.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Give him a "prove it" deal and let him compete. :mrgreen:

Seriously though, I would like to see him remain as long as possible but would totally understand if he retires. Coaching is a tough job and he may want to do some other things while he is still in his prime. I don't see him starting over coaching elsewhere and abandoning his legacy here though.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
dogorama":2ts0t3xw said:
As for JS, Green Bay cannot afford him. We are at the pinnacle of pro football now, there are no vertical moves.

Cannot afford him financially? Am I wrong in remembering that he actually has it written in his contract that he can just cut bait if the Packers job becomes available?

I think the best guess is that there's nothing to see here and it will just get done, but if there's a hiccup here's what I think it is:

Paul Allen has 17 billion dollars. When thinking about contribution to winning coaches and GM's are likely the most underpaid assets in the NFL.

After this offseason some of the best coaches in the history of the game are basically being paid the equivalent rate as guys who aren't even clearly #1 WRs, and second and third tier DLs and LBs.

Add in that coach's and GM's salaries also aren't artificially deflated by the enactment of a salary cap.

While I'm not saying that this is what's happening, if PC sat across the table from Paul Allen and said "you have 17 billion dollars, and at an absolute minimum my contribution to this team is $20 million dollars a year," would anyone actually disagree with him?

Is it really that far-fetched to say that P.C. contributes twice as much to the Seahawks' success as Keenan Allen contributes to the Chargers' success, if not much, much, much more than that?

Not saying this is what's actually happening, but heck, I think there's a TON of validity to the argument if P.C. or his reps are making it, while at the same time there's a ton of validity to the argument that despite the truth of the argument, it doesn't make sense to be the guy to just double the salary of the highest paid coach in the NFL because coaches should be making a ton more money than they do.

All to say that an owner with 17 billion dollars negotiating with one of the top coaches in the NFL in an off-season in which marginal players are making more than the very best head coaches is kind of a perfect storm for the gears in what would usually be a pretty straightforward negotiation to grind to a halt.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Losing JS to Green Bay or Pete to Southern California are still a concern for me but I do think that Pete wants to accumulate titles more than go back to his roots at this point.

He wants to do something special.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Laloosh":1n4i7q4v said:
Losing JS to Green Bay or Pete to Southern California are still a concern for me but I do think that Pete wants to accumulate titles more than go back to his roots at this point.

He wants to do something special.
Agree with you Nuke. It'll get done.

Latest posts