Will Sherm follow a receiver?

mikeak

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":1m8aamr3 said:
northseahawk":1m8aamr3 said:
No.. Sherman sucked and got exposed trying that against the rams.

What game did you watch? I watched sherm get targeted 4 times for 2 receptions/29 yards/no td and a pff grade of +0.6. Please explain how he got exposed in the rams game.

1) He did not suck - agree

2) It was not his best game

3) The stats ignore a blatant PI that was not called on a long pass (50yards?) that should have put the Rams on the 1 yard line. Strangely enough he was in position but never turned his head and it was clear as day PI

northseahawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1obs1mnm said:
I guess I can fully expect a "Russell Sucked" if he doesn't throw 5 TD's, throw for 450 yards and rush for 220 :lol:

No because russell has never done that before. While a bad day at the office for Sherman is giving up 2-3 slant completions.

I don't know understand this insecurity thing about some seahawks fan. They can't accept that sometime seahawks players do suck (at least for their standards).

mistaowen

Reaction score
northseahawk":18q7x1wg said:
SoulfishHawk":18q7x1wg said:
I guess I can fully expect a "Russell Sucked" if he doesn't throw 5 TD's, throw for 450 yards and rush for 220 :lol:

No because russell has never done that before. While a bad day at the office for Sherman is giving up 2-3 slant completions.

I don't know understand this insecurity thing about some seahawks fan. They can't accept that sometime seahawks players do suck (at least for their standards).

2-3 slant completions is a bad game? I forgot the guys lining up across from him weren't professional football players as well.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
northseahawk":22w3jvrb said:
SoulfishHawk":22w3jvrb said:

Okay then, if you feel that Sherman really did suck in covering Bailey in that last game, who would you rather have that would undoubtedly suck a whole lot worse covering the Slot Receiver.
You must also think that Thomas sucks too, eh?
I want Sherman to play his usual RCB when, and only when it doesn't leave a gapping hole for the Offenses to exploit.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Laloosh":1seac448 said:
Just curious what some of you smarty pants posters think about this. With Nelson being out, any feeling about whether or not we'll see Sherm follow Cobb around on Sunday?

Dunno, what's you guess?

He might go to the same place as last game, though it's up for grabs where the weakest spot in our secondary is. :shock:

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":238590ep said:
I hope not. I have a feeling Sherm would be burned a few times by Cobb. He seems to struggle with the little shift fellas.

Well just think about how bad the other defender will get burned by Cobb then.

Sherman and the whole damn D had a bad day...

Marlin Man

Reaction score
Sherm needs to quit running his mouth and just do his job. He played like shit last week.

Tical21

Reaction score
DavidSeven":kcdrhynq said:
I think Sherman played great Week 1. That slot fade vs. man coverage that Bailey beat him on is one of the hardest routes in football to cover. Even then, Sherman was in good position and it required a dime pass from Foles to beat him (and Thomas) in coverage. You have to give credit to the opponent every once in a while.

That said, I think his usage in the slot will depend on matchups going forward. I think Burley makes sense in this particular game, especially with Simon out. We need as many pure coverage guys against Rodgers as possible, and I think Sherman, Williams and Burley are probably the best available in that respect. Shead is just a big body to me, which we can probably get away with in some games, but not this one.
I wholeheartedly agree with just about everything you said here. I also think it is really going to come down to matchups. I personally would start Burley in the nickel this week. That said, I am guessing that their plan is to play Sherman in the slot this week since Cobb is by far their best option, and he typically plays in the slot. I think they're going to see if Sherman can stop him. I think it's a bad matchup for Sherman, but I really don't think Burley would do well either. I expect Sherman to man the nickel corner spot at least until he proves he can't keep up with Cobb across the field. Then, when we play teams that typically use their best receiver on the outside, Sherman will slide back outside those weeks, and we'll see someone like Burley or Smith on the inside against lesser slot receivers. Unfortunately, they both looked pretty awful in the preseason. Simon coming back and playing well could make the Sherman nickel job kinda permanent.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Marlin Man":miw482od said:
Sherm needs to quit running his mouth and just do his job. He played like shit last week.

I actually think he needs to run his mouth more. He's has seemed pretty subdued on the field since his tirade after The Tip.

seahawk 17

Reaction score
Marlin Man":1ve5ypsj said:

When is the last time he did this?

hawk45

Reaction score
Marlin Man":2b1m73ja said:

(Channeling peaches)

WAT

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3mr4k3ea said:

:sarcasm_on: Why do you have such low expectations? :sarcasm_off: :twisted: :stirthepot:

northseahawk

Reaction score
I'm curious about what some of u blind fellas think on Sherman second game this season? Still excellent?!

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Yes. He needs to follow his receiver on his side so he wont have to scramble back and get a PI call.

Latest posts