Will Steve Ballmer move the LA Clippers to Seattle?

Will Steve Ballmer move the LA Clippers to Seattle?

• Yes

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • No

Votes: 67 91.8%

• Total voters

Throwdown

Reaction score
There's a few teams that will never move, ever

Clippers, Lakers, Heat, Knicks, Nets, & Bulls, and because of the market in Atlanta, I'm pretty tempted to say the Hawks will never move as well.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I can confidently say that for the forseeable future that every team in the NBA is comfortable where they are for a long time.

Throwdown

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2oj2unlc said:
I can confidently say that for the forseeable future that every team in the NBA is comfortable where they are for a long time.

Pretty much, we just gotta sit and hope for the Bucks to not get their arena built.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Throwdown":vs1lcejx said:
SonicHawk":vs1lcejx said:

Pretty much, we just gotta sit and hope for the Bucks to not get their arena built.

Per sale stipulations the new owners have until 2017 to have an arena deal accepted, if not control of the team goes to the league.

Throwdown

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":4albpqg7 said:
Throwdown":4albpqg7 said:
SonicHawk":4albpqg7 said:

Per sale stipulations the new owners have until 2017 to have an arena deal accepted, if not control of the team goes to the league.

The league won't hold onto the team for long, they'll flip it to someone pretty quickly, and Hansen's name has to be at the top of the list, specially if nothing worked out in Milwaukee.

I think Hansen should team with the NHL guys, get the NHL first since the NHL wants to be here, get the dual purpose arena built, and that way we're just sitting with an arena IN USE, that has dual purpose for Milwaukee to fall through, or whenever another team is available. At this point I just want the god damn arena built, that way the NBA has no reason to do what they did to us in the Kings saga.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2n0yskso said:
The deal was continent on him keeping the team in LA

I remember Clay Bennett saying he wasn't taking the team to OKC.

86Hawk

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1j2j9c4e said:
That could actually be a good thing. Finally some franchise stability could lead to expansion. I'm not counting on it though.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":1miwneoi said:
TheRealDTM":1miwneoi said:
Throwdown":1miwneoi said:
SonicHawk":1miwneoi said:

The league won't hold onto the team for long, they'll flip it to someone pretty quickly, and Hansen's name has to be at the top of the list, specially if nothing worked out in Milwaukee.

I think Hansen should team with the NHL guys, get the NHL first since the NHL wants to be here, get the dual purpose arena built, and that way we're just sitting with an arena IN USE, that has dual purpose for Milwaukee to fall through, or whenever another team is available. At this point I just want the god damn arena built, that way the NBA has no reason to do what they did to us in the Kings saga.
Finally you came around to "Duel Purpose Arena" ..Only way most of us will be happy..

Throwdown

Reaction score
It always was one, I just want it built so they can't say "you don't have an arena"

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Throwdown":u7rq6ife said:
TheRealDTM":u7rq6ife said:
Throwdown":u7rq6ife said:
SonicHawk":u7rq6ife said:

I'm gonna laugh when sacramento never gets their arena built...

The NBA is so stupid, Hansen has everything ready to go but the league is bending over backwards for these small market teams with crap arena situations.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Sac's arena just got the funding approved, it's gonna happen in Sacramento, good for them.

I think the one flaw in Hansen's plan to get a team, is that he doesn't have the arena built. So it really gives an even playing field to these other markets who are in danger of losing their teams. We don't want that, this is business, granted it'll be easier after the EIS, then its just a team purchase and approval away from shovels in the ground.

CANHawk

Reaction score
It's not necessarily a bad thing. Sure the Seattle bid loses it's biggest money guy, which does suck, but like the NFL it's the owners of the NBA teams make the call on things like expansion. With Ballmer now owning the Clips, it's another PNW guy at the table (along with Uncle Paul Allen) who might sway favor to move a team back up this way.

:3-1:

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
86Hawk":36bbi5fm said:
SonicHawk":36bbi5fm said:
That could actually be a good thing. Finally some franchise stability could lead to expansion. I'm not counting on it though.
Stern's big arena-gouge weapon against the fans was threatening to move the team, so once the ugly evil gangster midget was out of the picture, there could only be more stability.

Gatehawk

Reaction score
The whole deal with the Bucks sale was that Herb Kohl was intent on ensuring that the Bucks remained in Milwaukee no matter what, and that the main condition of the sale was that the new owners either have a new arena built in Milwaukee or renovate the Bradley Center. Herb Kohl was always a popular owner among Bucks fans, but doing that ensured that he'd be remembered and respected for a long time.

Uffda

Reaction score
Billionaires don't stay billionaires for long if they make stupid decisions.

LA is a bigger if not the biggest market for basketball and, the Lakers are going to most likely suck for the next few years.

Though I do think he over paid.

Are still leases and contractual obligations that keep the Clippers in LA. i.e. penalties for leaving..

halfrack

Reaction score
He would have to do it for no other reason than to bring a team back to Seattle. As others have mentioned, they would go from a huge market to a small-medium one. He would lose his arse.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
And according to the racist goon -nobody is buying anything-He's suing big time to prevent any sale..2 billion doesn't mean much to him I guess..

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
He's a dying old guy. What's $ gonna do for him that the team he loves won't?