Will the Seahawks ever be America's team?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
chris98251":1s8ysc5p said:
First, DO NOT USE THAT FILTHY REFERENCE TO THIS FOOTBALL TEAM, as soon as you say Americas Team almost everyone thinks the damn Dallas Cowboys. I in no way want to be associated of confused with that franchise.

If you want to reference cross country fans call them 12's or the twelth man. Thats our legacy, thats who this fan base is. A nation of 12's is fine with me, more to travel, more to be vocal at away games, bigger pain in the ass for opposition when were on the road.

We don't need to emmulate any old used moniker, we have our own.

Yup...wash his mouf out wif soap. or 12s beer may work. :mrgreen:

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

irocdave

Reaction score
The Hawks have an opportunity to be a fan favorite in the NFL with their unique style of play. The NFL has been promoted as a QB driven league, defense has been advertised to be obsolete. Pet & CO proved that defense can adjust to the pass happy rules and dominate. Just have to maul receivers in the first 5 yards and beat the crap out of them when the QB gets outside the pocket. Easier said then done, need big corners that can flat out cover man to man and a fast safety to clean up the mess. Having a hard hitting hard hitting, big, fast strong safety is also a must as well as D lineman that can get to the QB quickly. We all know this, but the 2012 & 2013 Hawks teams excelled at it and won a Lombardi because of this. Very little glamor in this type of football but most NFL fans like watching this style of football. That's why the Hawks get so much respect by other teams and other fan forums. It is a fun style of football to watch. Several of the Hawks players are also very vocal and take joy in dominating other teams which is an oddity in todays NFL. It's like watching the ultimate reality show.

I'm all for more fans hopping on the wagon. Been along time coming. Americas team? Leave it for the cowboys self promotion. We don't need to self promote, let the FANS decide who their favorite team is.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Ah HELL NO.

There are far too many haters out there. They have a lot of winning to do before America likes the Seahawks. They are viewed as violent thugs. I suppose Wilson balances that out and he is a charming SOB, but America sees the Hawks as the team that basically beat the crap out of an NFL darling.

And they made it look easy. If anything, the Hawks will be what the Raiders were to the bad boys of the West Coast. After taking out the Niners and destroying the Broncos half of Raider nation has likely already adopted them as their NFC team.

After the NFCC a guy wearing a Raider coat was screaming "SEAHAWKS" at the park and ride in Auburn. That was some funny stuff right there.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I don't care if we ever become America's Team™, or not. People also shouldn't be so insecure that they want to avoid it...nor should they wish for it, in my opinion.

Again, just my opinion; don't hate.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Kaiser":295w61j2 said:
People dont bandwagon winners anymore, they just hate them a lot more.

This is so true.

I am surprised by how much of a national following we have, and how quickly it developed. It seemed to swell during our Superbowl run, as opposed to swelling after we won it, which would indicate a lot of bandwagonners. It's been a looong time since I heard about that much of a crowd majority going to one team during a Superbowl.

I honestly think we're going to win a couple more at least with Wilson and this defense, but I honestly hope our fan base doesn't turn into total douchebags like the Whiners and Stealers. I can see why a lot of us were defensive as we felt so disrespected by the media, but that's past news. We were media darlings most of the year and won a SB. If we can remain a fan base with class then we will attract even more fans to our team.

Conversely, with the way most Niners fans act, I don't see their ranks swelling very much to be honest. I could care less about being America's team. I just want to be a dynasty.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I find it hilarious that the Cowboys are "America's Team" (or even the Patriots to some fans), yet everyone outside of their perspective fanbases hates those two teams entirely.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I'm an American and the Hawks are my team; many of you are Americans too. They also represent a fully American City. So they ARE America's team, as much as any other.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I'm happy to be a fan, and I'm very happy about the recent success and popularity, but I NEVER want them branded as 'Americas team.' That term is one of the reasons I can't stand the Cowboys, then they go and add 'God's team' as icing on the cake. How presumptuous and totally idiotic. I suppose it's an effective marketing tool when appealing to insolent simpletons, who unfortunately exist in alarming numbers.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I hope not. This board has certainly changed in the time we have become better. I dont want to be anything like some of the other fanbases with that type of popularity. Theyre just annoying.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
I think the Seahawks definitely will gain bandwagon fans as they have continued success. Having Wilson, Sherman, and Lynch as the faces of the team helps by providing stars that people love (or love to hate). So I think they'll definitely be more popular than they ever have over the next several years. Maybe that popularity takes root, like it did for the Pats. Maybe it doesn't.

But I don't want anything to do with a concerted effort to market the Seahawks as some kind of everyman's team. Familiarity breeds contempt, just as surely as winning does, and if everything everywhere is Seahawks all the time, there's going to be a lot of folks out there who push back against that no matter how likable our stars are. I'd prefer to avoid that kind of scenario. Hell, I think Wilson's start to risk a bit of overexposure since the SB... seems he's everywhere.

Jbo

Reaction score
I wouldn't want to have a bunch of fair weather fans across the country and or world for that matter, to be a chunk of our fan base!!!! But what it boils down to is teams are gonna get those fans when a team wins a world championship. All I really care about is , the hawks are my team and they have been for 30+ years and they are world champs finally !!!!!!

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Don't the Seahawks get a percentage of merchandising on gear?

The more that sells the better, right?

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Why stop with just America? Leave that for Jerry Jones and his lovely ladies.

You're all thinking locally, we need to start thinking globally. Australia is already on board, may as well take this shit to new international levels. 12's already claimed space last off season as well.

DO IT BIG.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
So winning the Super Bowl isn't enough, eh .... won't stop until we have World Domination!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I don't care if the Seahawks become America's team or not. I can only guarantee that I'm a Seahawk fan for life. Always will be. I want them to continue winning championships. One down, more to go....

WmHBonney

Reaction score
In a word: No.
From what I gather on other, non-football forums I frequent, there are many folks out there that hate Pete Carroll, hate Seahawks fans and hate our team's style of play. Personally, I think they are just jealous, but whatever. I don't want them to be "America's Team".

Lady Talon

Reaction score
It will be bad enough to sometime in the future be faced with a string of mediocre seasons. Enduring that and grope ourselves to the thought of past Lombardi's and entitlement, instead of current relevance like Cowgirl, 29er or Stealer fan outlook, would break my heart.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I'd be curious how some of our non-North American fans would feel about this issue.

Is there a British football (soccer) team that could be called "England's Team?" Or a Canadian Hockey Team known as "Canada's Team?"