Wilson #5 Ranking the Top 50 Quarterbacks from 2014

Fade

Reaction score
I have no problem with Cam being a 5/5, but Wilson smokes him when it comes to keeping his eyes downfield and throwing on the run. Cam can be used as the runningback on any play.

so they are different, but both should arrive at 5/5.

russHOF.0.gif

not 5/5?

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
scutterhawk":w2myjz1m said:
Hasselbeck":w2myjz1m said:
Back on the actual topic.. I think this is a pretty fair rating. No idea how Brees is 6th considering Romo, Stafford and Roeth all were much better last year than Brees.. but that's my only issue with it.
How do you know that some of these guys aren't finished taking potshots?, seems to me like some tried to derail the OP's link right from the get-go.
Some of the BR articles I agree with, but some of their opinions just don't seem to be firing on all cylinders, like the Mobility aspect of their evaluation on Wilson .... a 4/5?, who are they comparing him to, in order to come up with that eval., because as I see it, he has no peer in that catagory?
Well... I would say that the OP deserved it. He consistently has been taking potshots at other posters for using bleacher report, and now he, himself uses a bleacher report article, because it fits his views. It is only fair that this hypocrisy is pointed out, especially since the OP contains no physical commentary on the subject.

If you can dish it out you better be able to take it when it comes your way.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
Fade":19tjrb7w said:
I have no problem with Cam being a 5/5, but Wilson smokes him when it comes to keeping his eyes downfield and throwing on the run. Cam can be used as the runningback on any play.

so they are different, but both should arrive at 5/5.

russHOF.0.gif

not 5/5?

I agree now that I see Cam was a 5, I go back to not wanting Wilson to out score Luck as the reason.

Fade

Reaction score
russ22.gif

Another amazing play.

You know I think I might have to score Wilson 6/5.

Russellwislonscramblethrowgif
My fav scramble/pass from last year.

RWBEASTMODE0
My fav scramble/run from last year.

And you're either dumb or a hater if Wilson isn't a 5/5.

What is crazy I could post another 30 of these miraculous scramble plays, Wilson does them routinely. I still can't wrap my head around a 4/5. /Christian Bale look .gif.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
MysterMatt":3n0xg5bq said:
JAGHAWK":3n0xg5bq said:
I remember the good ol days when we used harass rival team fanbases... now we just harass our own. Lol
Offseason. It's hard on everybody.

OP makes post about how awesome our quarterback is rated as compared to the rest of the league.

Following 50 posts dog pile the OP and subsequent dog pilers for various slights and insults.

Ah yes, it is the offseason. And heh heh heh... you said "hard on".

Also, Wilson was rated only a four out of a possible five because he does not innately play Benny Hill music from his arse when he scrambles.

[youtube]v4AyYF_7gHQ[/youtube]

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Wilson is right up there with Frank Tarkenton as one of the better scramblers and on-the-run passers ever. He doesn't have blazing speed like Michael Vick, but his instincts and field awareness are better.

[youtube]EsK5neFCWKs[/youtube]

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3kbu9q6k said:
scutterhawk":3kbu9q6k said:
Hasselbeck":3kbu9q6k said:
Back on the actual topic.. I think this is a pretty fair rating. No idea how Brees is 6th considering Romo, Stafford and Roeth all were much better last year than Brees.. but that's my only issue with it.
How do you know that some of these guys aren't finished taking potshots?, seems to me like some tried to derail the OP's link right from the get-go.
Some of the BR articles I agree with, but some of their opinions just don't seem to be firing on all cylinders, like the Mobility aspect of their evaluation on Wilson .... a 4/5?, who are they comparing him to, in order to come up with that eval., because as I see it, he has no peer in that catagory?
Well... I would say that the OP deserved it. He consistently has been taking potshots at other posters for using bleacher report, and now he, himself uses a bleacher report article, because it fits his views. It is only fair that this hypocrisy is pointed out, especially since the OP contains no physical commentary on the subject.

All that might be true, but when it turns into a dog pile....The discussion for the topic at hand takes aback seat to the silly bickering.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I like how Lucks section on mobility notes

" In his three pro years, he's netted 905 yards on the ground."

Wilson almost had that in 1 season last year and also runs for his life alot more than Luck does IMO. They both are rated 4/5 mobility

I think Luck and Rodgers are about the same and then you have WIlson, Kaep and Newton above them

Wilson, Kaep and Newton can absolutely kill you with their rushing. How Wilson is ranked below both is questionable

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Fade":3lae1i5w said:
russ22.gif

Another amazing play.

RWBEASTMODE0

What is crazy I could post another 30 of these miraculous scramble plays, Wilson does them routinely. I still can't wrap my head around a 4/5. /Christian Bale look .gif.
How ANYONE could watch this and not call him an "ELITE" Quarterback, and that it undeniably proves he's a 5/5.
And too, there are lots of nobody's foolishly making claims, that he could be easily replaced, if he doesn't cave to the Front Office in negotiations SMH.

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1ntx9e17 said:
Spin Doctor":1ntx9e17 said:
scutterhawk":1ntx9e17 said:
Hasselbeck":1ntx9e17 said:

All that might be true, but when it turns into a dog pile....The discussion for the topic at hand takes aback seat to the silly bickering.

Actually none of it is true as I never gave my opinion on the rankings, only gave the data, knowing some would do exactly what he did, and further prove my point.

Fade

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":12x523jz said:
I like how Lucks section on mobility notes

" In his three pro years, he's netted 905 yards on the ground."

Wilson almost had that in 1 season last year and also runs for his life alot more than Luck does IMO. They both are rated 4/5 mobility

I think Luck and Rodgers are about the same and then you have WIlson, Kaep and Newton above them

Wilson, Kaep and Newton can absolutely kill you with their rushing. How Wilson is ranked below both is questionable

Via FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS

Excluding kneeldowns Wilson rushed 109 times for 920 yards, 8.44 per carry in 2014.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2rbuf8jb said:
MysterMatt":2rbuf8jb said:
JAGHAWK":2rbuf8jb said:
I remember the good ol days when we used harass rival team fanbases... now we just harass our own. Lol
Offseason. It's hard on everybody.

OP makes post about how awesome our quarterback is rated as compared to the rest of the league.

Following 50 posts dog pile the OP and subsequent dog pilers for various slights and insults.

Ah yes, it is the offseason. And heh heh heh... you said "hard on".

Also, Wilson was rated only a four out of a possible five because he does not innately play Benny Hill music from his arse when he scrambles.

[youtube]v4AyYF_7gHQ[/youtube]

Honestly, Wilson is so good at scrambling, it's like he's clowning guys on purpose.

I know why other fan bases hate Wilson. If we had to watch another QB run around and make half of our team miss, while we're screaming "why can't you just hit that freaking midget !?" we'd probably not like the guy as well.

Kaepernick honestly isn't a very good QB, yet a good portion of our fan base hates him terribly. His off the field stuff is annoying (worse lately ) but not terrible, yet a lot of people can't stand the guy.....especially when he rips off 65 yard runs against us. Look at the way we've played the Niners the last few years. Blowing them out up here and barely losing to them at their house. The only reason those games have ever been close was Kap's running ability, and their great defense.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
scutterhawk":27ypzimq said:
Fade":27ypzimq said:
russ22.gif

Another amazing play.

RWBEASTMODE0

How ANYONE could watch this and not call him an "ELITE" Quarterback, and that it undeniably proves he's a 5/5.
And too, there are lots of nobody's foolishly making claims, that he could be easily replaced, if he doesn't cave to the Front Office in negotiations SMH.
Scrambling is only one part of Wilson, and every other QB's game. Pointing at one (albeit spectacular) play as evidence that Wilson is amongst the best QB's in the NFL (top 5) is not the best way to evaluate Wilson, or any player. If you look at the whole Wilson starts looking less spectacular.

As a passer he has a lot of work to do. His play is up, and down, never really consistent. He'll be great for a quarter or two in games, and pull a disappearing act for the rest of the game. One reason I suspect this happens is because he has been too reliant on his scrambling abilities while he has been in the NFL. All of that running around affects his accuracy in my opinion. I notice after he has done a lot of running around he looks like he throws high. It ruins his ability to create any semblance of a rhythm which is very important for most passing games. Instead of checking down, it always looks like he goes for the big knockout punch. He needs to get over that mentality if he ever wants to take the next big step in his game.

I also feel concerned about how hesitant he looks to trust his receivers. Unless they are open by a mile, he seems to do a double take. He is also lacking in ball placement on short routes, and throws that exploit the middle of the field. Most of his throws are usually on the sidelines. These are things that the top passers in the NFL do on a regular basis even if they don't have the best receivers on their team.

These reservations that I have make me wonder if he what he would be capable of if we went to a more pass oriented offense. I think this is a question that should be answered before we pay him the big money. That is why I would be perfectly fine with just sitting back, and seeing how he does this year.

Think Matt Hasselbeck from 2003-2005. Sure, we had a more run biased offense, but even still we had an offense that was feared by other teams. This was accomplished with simple, but effective concepts. Hasselbeck took what was given to him, and was very good at going through his progressions, and getting into a rhythm. The result was that he was very good at converting third downs. I would like to see Wilson do the same thing, make a quick, decisive decision to keep the ball moving. Overall that would really increase his efficiency.

McGruff

Reaction score
What you want is a different offense. We don't run a true WCO like Hass and Holmgren ran. We rely on running the ball and getting big plays off the playaction. We don't do short quick timing routes. That's not Wilson's fault. That our scheme design.

And BTW our current offense is the most prolific in team history. No joke.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
McGruff":3crr5nbd said:
What you want is a different offense. We don't run a true WCO like Hass and Holmgren ran. We rely on running the ball and getting big plays off the playaction. We don't do short quick timing routes. That's not Wilson's fault. That our scheme design.

I don't want a true WCO offense, I would just like Wilson to take what he is given. I always get the impression that he is after a big knockout play. This is not a concept that is unique to the WCO.

McGruff

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":317yy1hs said:
McGruff":317yy1hs said:

I don't want a true WCO offense, I would just like Wilson to take what he is given. I always get the impression that he is after a big knockout play. This is not a concept that is unique to the WCO.

But he's doing what Pete and John him to do. Take shots. If you don't like it, fine. But don't blame Wilson for doing what his coaches want him to do.

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
McGruff":3e8no59e said:
Spin Doctor":3e8no59e said:
McGruff":3e8no59e said:

But he's doing what Pete and John him to do. Take shots. If you don't like it, fine. But don't blame Wilson for doing what his coaches want him to do.

He only knows how to blame Wilson.