Wilson got beat down today folks

W

Welshers

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA TRADE OF THE CENTURY! WE GOT TWO 1ST ROUND PICKS TO UPGRADE AT QB!

GENO > RUSS

Scout

Reaction score
Wilson looked the same as ever. Lots of highs (downfield passes, scrambles for firsts) and lots of lows (inaccuracy mid field, taking unneeded sacks, unable to covert third down situations etc).

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
As much as I love ragging on RW, I think we need to put a few things into context here. The HC that Wilson has looks like he's overwhelmed with jump from OC to HC. Hackett has made a lot of questionable decisions, some of which even peewee coaches wouldn't make.

LaFleur's offensive system also takes time to get down. Rodgers stumbled for about a year before he started looking like his old self.

Is RW a shadow of his former self? Hard to tell. He doesn't seem to have much chemistry with his receivers. He certainly looks like he's lost a step. Those magical Russell Wilson scrambling plays are a thing of the past.

I also think that defenses have figured out how to play against Russell Wilson. Starting with the Arizona game, they seemed to have the playbook written on how to contain him. He's going to have to understand that he's at the stage of his career that he needs to transition to a more measured and less indulgent style of play.

Something that sticks out to me about Wilson is his football IQ seems pretty low. As someone said, Wilson plays his game -- not THE game. Seeing Geno Smith work out of the offense at the LOS was illuminating to say the least. I always thought that Wilson didn't have much agency at the LOS -- but it looks like it was just a limitation in his game. I've never seen him call out protections quite like Geno does or change the play as often as Geno does.

Seahawker

Reaction score
The Bronco's lost DB PJ Locke, RB1 Javonte Williams and pass rusher Randy Gregory all to serious looking injuries.
To top things off the Denver O-Line looked less than average, this is a rude awakening for Donkey fan's.
Wouldn't that be something if Denver's draft pick was better than ours...lol.:ROFLMAO:

5thgen

Reaction score
The Bronco's lost DB PJ Locke, RB1 Javonte Williams and pass rusher Randy Gregory all to serious looking injuries.
To top things off the Denver O-Line looked less than average, this is a rude awakening for Donkey fan's.
Wouldn't that be something if Denver's draft pick was better than ours...lol.:ROFLMAO:
Haha, all OL playing with Russ will look bad since the guy is unable to do timing routes and holds the ball way too damn long.

toffee

Reaction score
As much as I love ragging on RW, I think we need to put a few things into context here. The HC that Wilson has looks like he's overwhelmed with jump from OC to HC. Hackett has made a lot of questionable decisions, some of which even peewee coaches wouldn't make.

LaFleur's offensive system also takes time to get down. Rodgers stumbled for about a year before he started looking like his old self.

Is RW a shadow of his former self? Hard to tell. He doesn't seem to have much chemistry with his receivers. He certainly looks like he's lost a step. Those magical Russell Wilson scrambling plays are a thing of the past.

I also think that defenses have figured out how to play against Russell Wilson. Starting with the Arizona game, they seemed to have the playbook written on how to contain him. He's going to have to understand that he's at the stage of his career that he needs to transition to a more measured and less indulgent style of play.

Something that sticks out to me about Wilson is his football IQ seems pretty low. As someone said, Wilson plays his game -- not THE game. Seeing Geno Smith work out of the offense at the LOS was illuminating to say the least. I always thought that Wilson didn't have much agency at the LOS -- but it looks like it was just a limitation in his game. I've never seen him call out protections quite like Geno does or change the play as often as Geno does.
Good analysis Spin, now that our pink glasses are off, we are seeing more and more holes in Russ' game.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Actually, Wilson gad a pretty good day production wise
I was just about to say the the same thing, they lost yes, but my God people are just savages these days. Everybody knows better than the coaches, dumb play, bad call, dude should have caught that, bad throw, stupid kicker missed, cut this guy, fire that guy...it's just nuts. It's like high school football dad has taken over.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Actually, Wilson gad a pretty good day production wise
He had what has become his 'normal' good game: Better on paper than it really was. No rhythm for his offense, lots of 3 and outs, and basically hanging his D out to try as the game went on.

He got gifted by the Raiders giving him super short field position twice in the early part of the game (one great punt return and the other being their idiotic decision to do an onside kick early). Otherwise, he had two really good deep passes and then mostly poorly thrown balls that his receivers caught (or didn't, more and more, as the game progressed).

This was the exact type of game our team was losing consistently last year while Wilson had a good 'numbers' day.

toffee

Reaction score
He had what has become his 'normal' good game: Better on paper than it really was. No rhythm for his offense, lots of 3 and outs, and basically hanging his D out to try as the game went on.

He got gifted by the Raiders giving him super short field position twice in the early part of the game (one great punt return and the other being their idiotic decision to do an onside kick early). Otherwise, he had two really good deep passes and then mostly poorly thrown balls that his receivers caught (or didn't, more and more, as the game progressed).

This was the exact type of game our team was losing consistently last year while Wilson had a good 'numbers' day.
It is looking more and more like Russ needed Peteball more than Pete needed Russ.

Threedee

Reaction score
Now that hating on Wilson is all the rage, I just have one question for Daht Net.

Back in 2012, I was very much in the Matt Flynn camp. Couldn't understand why Carroll picked the rookie over the billion dollar guy who seemed to have played a good game behind Erin. I was finally won over by the Chicago game.

So... Was I right about Flynn? Would we have accomplished more?

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Now that hating on Wilson is all the rage, I just have one question for Dot Net.

Back in 2012, I was very much in the Matt Flynn camp. Couldn't understand why Carroll picked the rookie over the billion dollar guy who seemed to have played a good game behind Erin. I was finally won over by the Chicago game.

So... Was I right about Flynn? Would we have accomplished more?
I was in the same camp and I think... nah. Pete saw something in Russ and they made magic working together. We went to back to back Super Bowls, you know?

In the end, yes, I think Pete ended up coddling his QB too much when it was him working within the system (combined with his unique skillset) that led to most of our success. It wasn't Russ being the 'star' running the show like a Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers.

That said, Pete knew what Russ could uniquely do in our system with the pieces we had and it was different than anything Flynn could have brought to the table.