Wilson got beat down today folks

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Now that hating on Wilson is all the rage, I just have one question for Daht Net.

Back in 2012, I was very much in the Matt Flynn camp. Couldn't understand why Carroll picked the rookie over the billion dollar guy who seemed to have played a good game behind Erin. I was finally won over by the Chicago game.

So... Was I right about Flynn? Would we have accomplished more?
Where is he playing now?

Rainger

Reaction score
Now that hating on Wilson is all the rage, I just have one question for Daht Net.

Back in 2012, I was very much in the Matt Flynn camp. Couldn't understand why Carroll picked the rookie over the billion dollar guy who seemed to have played a good game behind Erin. I was finally won over by the Chicago game.

So... Was I right about Flynn? Would we have accomplished more?
RW was great in his early years, he listened, he worked hard, he played the system, then it slowly changed and it became all about him and Hero ball.

RW was the right decision back then, getting rid of him was the right decision now.

He is no longer what he once was. Had his ego and his entourage not convinced him he WAS the team the hawks would never have gone on its downward slide the last 4 years.

Last edited:

strohmin

Reaction score
As much as I love ragging on RW, I think we need to put a few things into context here. The HC that Wilson has looks like he's overwhelmed with jump from OC to HC. Hackett has made a lot of questionable decisions, some of which even peewee coaches wouldn't make.

LaFleur's offensive system also takes time to get down. Rodgers stumbled for about a year before he started looking like his old self.

Is RW a shadow of his former self? Hard to tell. He doesn't seem to have much chemistry with his receivers. He certainly looks like he's lost a step. Those magical Russell Wilson scrambling plays are a thing of the past.

I also think that defenses have figured out how to play against Russell Wilson. Starting with the Arizona game, they seemed to have the playbook written on how to contain him. He's going to have to understand that he's at the stage of his career that he needs to transition to a more measured and less indulgent style of play.

Something that sticks out to me about Wilson is his football IQ seems pretty low. As someone said, Wilson plays his game -- not THE game. Seeing Geno Smith work out of the offense at the LOS was illuminating to say the least. I always thought that Wilson didn't have much agency at the LOS -- but it looks like it was just a limitation in his game. I've never seen him call out protections quite like Geno does or change the play as often as Geno does.
Wilson was like this from the very start and I thought it would be something he would get better at with time but he hasnt. He claims he want to be better than peyton and Brady but cant do fundamental things. I was very surprised at how much better Geno seems to be at this than Russ.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Well sounds like notdangeruss has lost javontae Williams for the year...now he's gotta try and win exclusively with his arm..which is what he wanted 😆.

In other news the traitor, John63 or deandc as he is known on Letsride.com is blocking people who are even in a minor way criticizing his hero...sound familiar??

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Wilson was like this from the very start and I thought it would be something he would get better at with time but he hasnt. He claims he want to be better than peyton and Brady but cant do fundamental things. I was very surprised at how much better Geno seems to be at this than Russ.
it's not that hard..The plays,players and coaches ect.
What Russ operates in is vanilla and always has been.
It's the same Russ offense that is all he will know period.
When he had the legs to evade and gain big yards at will
it worked out great,his running was a cover 2 beater so he
could do his deep passes a lot more and it covered a lot of
the weak parts of Russ being a QB.
He's slow to process and limited to the parts of the field that
he can throw to and if you ask me his arm is starting to go as
well.
Him and his team will try to blame everything it can on anyone
but Russ.

James in PA

Reaction score
RW had a good game, statistically, yesterday, but as we've seen many times over the years, stats alone do not tell the whole story. Too many three and outs. I read that Jeudy and Sutton only had 1 catch each in the 2nd half. How many times have we seen that in Seattle? Why did DK only have one catch? Where were the tight ends? RW is simply not good at spreading the ball around.

"Let's Punt!"

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Well sounds like notdangeruss has lost javontae Williams for the year...now he's gotta try and win exclusively with his arm..which is what he wanted 😆.

In other news the traitor, John63 or deandc as he is known on Letsride.com is blocking people who are even in a minor way criticizing his hero...sound familiar??
I see this as a potential big problem for Denver unless one of their other backs step up. When you think back to when our offence functioned at its best there was always an effective back to run a balanced attack, post Marshawn too. I remember the offence really heating up late 2015 when Rawls was on fire and that slowed down after he got hurt.
In the early 2020 "cooking" era, whether it was running or receiving there was Carson. Wasn't 2017 the year we had no running attack, it was all on Russ? His numbers might have been good but no playoffs that year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This was actually Russell's best game of the year, he made some big plays to keep the game close. 124 passer rating I think?

Denver's D is crumbling as the season goes along, they're sustaining a lot of injuries.

So "beat down?" Eh, a little sensationalistic. But Russell's game is still hoping the middle of the pocket opens up so he can throw it deep.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
As far as their D goes, they haven't exactly played a murderer's row of QB's so far this year: Geno, Davis Miles, Jimmy G in the first 3. Carr and the Raiders might be the best QB / offence they have played so far this year. They have games vs Mahomes (2), Herbert (2), Stafford, Jackson etc upcoming. Even the Jags with Trevor Lawrence may not be easy. And Kyler has his days where he can be hard to stop.

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
This was actually Russell's best game of the year, he made some big plays to keep the game close. 124 passer rating I think?

Denver's D is crumbling as the season goes along, they're sustaining a lot of injuries.

So "beat down?" Eh, a little sensationalistic. But Russell's game is still hoping the middle of the pocket opens up so he can throw it deep.
Beat down buddy. Sacked 3 times and pressured all night. Really made some poor throws too. He had a good first half but again too old and fat to beat studs like Carr and Geno

Lagartixa

Reaction score
The Bronco's lost DB PJ Locke, RB1 Javonte Williams and pass rusher Randy Gregory all to serious looking injuries.
To top things off the Denver O-Line looked less than average, this is a rude awakening for Donkey fan's.
Wouldn't that be something if Denver's draft pick was better than ours...lol.:ROFLMAO:

I've also been predicting here since June 3 that at some point this season, we'll be seeing talking-head mediots wondering how the Broncos' offensive line suddenly got so much worse.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Beat down buddy. Sacked 3 times and pressured all night. Really made some poor throws too. He had a good first half but again too old and fat to beat studs like Carr and Geno

Alright lol.

My bad, I thought we were trying our best to be objective about Russell's performances and not be petty bitter ex-wives like a lot of other fanbases.

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Alright lol.

My bad, I thought we were trying our best to be objective about Russell's performances and not be petty bitter ex-wives like a lot of other fanbases.
If Geno Smith misses 35 consecutive passes next week he will have the same completion % as Russell Wilson

Is that objective enough?
I said he had a good first half but couldn’t finish