Wilson Graham relationship

Maulbert

Reaction score
mrt144":3n1nuj7x said:
HansGruber":3n1nuj7x said:
I really don't get the criticism of Wilson's PR skills by Seattle fans. To me, it shows maturity and awareness. Great traits for a quarterback and any kind of leader.

I'm not famous or anything, but I have a practice that I must protect. To say something publicly in association with my professional name that would impart any kind of racist undertone, political belief, etc could significantly damage my practice and those who work with and/or for me. So, when I speak publicly, or even privately with certain parties, I must be very cautious about my message, and even have an attorney and PR consultant to assist. This isn't "being fake." It's called "being professional."

Just because you personally have the luxury of not having to worry about that, doesn't give you the right to criticize those who do. In fact, it's really petty and makes the critic seem kind of small and jealous.

Or you could be Beastmode?

But Beastmode doesn't really do anything controversial, either, aside from stonewalling the media. You want Wilson to do that? Just because you refuse to call his personality a personality doesn't make it any less of one. I know a fair few people who think I have a stick up my ass, but I don't give 2 shits what they think of me. I don't like to do what most people consider 'fun'. But that doesn't mean it's boring for me to be that way, or that I do it for image.

mrt144

Reaction score
Ive slipped on mossy rocks with more personality than Russelbot. I mean sure, he was programmed to mimc humanity but only so his creators wouldnt catch heat for what amounts to cheating in the NFL and less importantly, playing God creating artificial life. It might fool children, beautiful women, football fans with sticks near their posteriors but not me, not for one minute.

kobebryant

Reaction score
HansGruber":3swl2cv5 said:
I really don't get the criticism of Wilson's PR skills by Seattle fans. To me, his PR shows maturity and awareness. Great traits for a quarterback and any kind of leader.

I'm not famous or anything, but I have a practice that I must protect. To say something publicly that would impart any kind of racist undertone, political belief, etc could significantly damage my practice and those who work with and/or for me. So, when I speak publicly, or even privately with certain parties, I must be very cautious about my message, and even have an attorney and PR consultant to assist. This isn't "being fake", it is "being professional" and putting my practice first.

Just because someone has the luxury of not having to worry about that, doesn't give them the right to criticize those who do. In fact, it's really petty and makes the critic seem kind of small and jealous.

I think we were spoiled by Matt Hasselbeck.

Matt could effortlessly be the qb and the leader, while simultaneously being the coolest guy in the room and an interesting interview. A really tough act that is hard to duplicate.

HansGruber

Reaction score
kobebryant":2n1659rh said:
HansGruber":2n1659rh said:
I really don't get the criticism of Wilson's PR skills by Seattle fans. To me, his PR shows maturity and awareness. Great traits for a quarterback and any kind of leader.

I'm not famous or anything, but I have a practice that I must protect. To say something publicly that would impart any kind of racist undertone, political belief, etc could significantly damage my practice and those who work with and/or for me. So, when I speak publicly, or even privately with certain parties, I must be very cautious about my message, and even have an attorney and PR consultant to assist. This isn't "being fake", it is "being professional" and putting my practice first.

Just because someone has the luxury of not having to worry about that, doesn't give them the right to criticize those who do. In fact, it's really petty and makes the critic seem kind of small and jealous.

I think we were spoiled by Matt Hasselbeck.

Matt could effortlessly be the qb and the leader, while simultaneously being the coolest guy in the room and an interesting interview. A really tough act that is hard to duplicate.

He also had the luxury of playing on a team that nobody cared about. He made multiple statements or jokes publicly that haunted him ("give me the ball" GB game, the "Big Jen" comments, etc). Had he played for a winning team, there's a good chance his candor would have impacted those who work for him and rely on him.

It's Hass's choice if he wants to be that way, but he also was not the leader that Wilson is. I was at Superbowl XL. I watched him deflate after the bad call that negated Stevens' catch on the 1, the bad call on the following INT, and then he gave up. We were technically still in the game, a comeback would have been possible, but he simply didn't have it in him after that last bad call.

I loved Hass, don't get me wrong. But he was too emotional for a leader. One of the best traits about Wilson, one of the things that defines his success, is that he has that natural leadership to be above that. He puts the team before himself, he puts the success of others before his own ego. Some here view that as "robotic", but when you hear Doug Baldwin's interview, you realize that it's a central part of this team's success.

But hey, I get it. Some people would rather have an entertaining interview than a Superbowl trophy. Personally, I'll take the latter. Brady and Manning have no personalities either. Neither did Aikman or Montana when they played. That's how it is for great leaders and champions.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
If he creates any negative type of message it literally could cost his brand millions of dollars in lost sponsorships which not only affects him , but those close around him
$ Millions of dollars $
He is most likely only letting loose with close friends he trusts
It wouldn't be that hard to imagine
:229031_thewave:

HansGruber

Reaction score
hawxfreak":256w8nkh said:
If he creates any negative type of message it literally could cost his brand millions of dollars in lost sponsorships which not only affects him , but those close around him
$ Millions of dollars $
He is most likely only letting loose with close friends he trusts
It wouldn't be that hard to imagine
:229031_thewave:

Exactly.

Hard to explain to someone who doesn't understand what it's like to have people and businesses counting on you. I guarantee you that Paul Allen loves that "generic robot" PUBLIC image, as do the countless people whose income depends on him.

It's also disturbing to me that some people can't distinguish between public image and real personality. Like those two things are ever the same. Every person alive has those two separate at some point or other. Does anyone tell their mother about what they're doing when they're drunk? Nope. Some things are best left in private.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Why oh why can't some of you folks just leave Russ alone? It's his wedding, he can invite who he wants. I'm glad to see him and Graham are good buddies.

We have a quarterback who is perceived as a genuine, classy guy. I don't understand the criticism I'm reading here from his own fanbase and I doubt I ever will

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Wilson and Golden Tate were good pals too...but I think Tate and Wilson's former wife were better pals...She must be kicking herself now for that affair after the $$$$$$$$$ Wilson is making...

Ambrose83

Reaction score
I love everything about Wilson, he's a consummate professional and upstanding person... which is no shock given his upbringing and faith based lifestyle. None of us have a clue who he really is behind closed doors... to think anything else is foolish .

zhawk

Reaction score
Russell is a good moral man, and some can't stand that because it makes them feel inadequate. As someone said, just mind your own business. :2thumbs:

2_0_6

Reaction score
Leave the man alone.

He's a good looking guy, making great money, married to a beautiful woman, he's a great leader, he's fantastic with kids, he lives in an awesome home, he drives fancy cars, he has the city of Seattle wrapped around his fingers, he is one damn good football player and has tons of haters all over the place.

Things could be worse, we could have someone like Cam as our QB. :D

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1yc5uyvi said:
I don't understand the criticism I'm reading here from his own fanbase and I doubt I ever will

Because, apparently, even Seahawks fans can be classless, thoughtless jerks.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I can't tell if mrt is criticizing or praising Russ. I remember seeing Russ dance to some old blues tunes and the man certainly had soul.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I see the jealousy of Wilson continues. The fact that some care so much about what another person is doing in his personal life is kind of sad really. How in any way is this affecting your life? And why do people care so much about every little damn thing the guy does?
He just can't win with some people. Luckily, he wins on the field, the only thing that matters. Maybe certain people should get their own life, and stop worrying about others. Clearly, he has made up his mind about Russ, regardless. :2thumbs:

IrishNW

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":k412dqu2 said:
I see the jealousy of Wilson continues. The fact that some care so much about what another person is doing in his personal life is kind of sad really. How in any way is this affecting your life? And why do people care so much about every little damn thing the guy does?
He just can't win with some people. Luckily, he wins on the field, the only thing that matters. Maybe certain people should get their own life, and stop worrying about others. Clearly, he has made up his mind about Russ, regardless. :2thumbs:

Because he's a complex puzzle and we are struggling to solve it. Some people are easy and some people are hard.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
There is nothing complex or hard to understand about having Graham in his wedding. He is good friends with him. Not hard to understand really. To make an issue out of who he chooses to have in his wedding is beyond ridiculous. Especially when not a single person here knows him personally nor how well he knows Graham.
To assume this is some kind of forced friendship is based on what exactly? Your perception of him? Do you have any kind of actual facts? This thread is beyond ridiculous.

Smellyman

Reaction score
c'mon season....start already.

This is one of the more odd things to speculate on.

I think they are Besties!

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
kearly":2mlzf5wl said:
I think they mutually WANT to be close friends with each other. Both guys are making an effort to be good friends. It feels a little forced, but it's not a bad thing.

I expect that has more to do with what we understand about WIlson than it does Graham.

Wilson may seem 'are you really for real?' kind of corny. But I honestly feel that's just the way he is. And I have no problem with that. It's certainly not forced in the same way that Alex Rodriguez's public persona was forced. It always felt like his convictions swayed with the latest focus group findings. Wilson is consistent. And don't seem even close to as self serving.

Graham had a reputation as being a great teammate even in New Orleans. I don't get a vibe that he's disingenuous or forced. I think his history also lends to the conclusion that he's an easy guy in the locker room to accept and love. I'd cite the response in the locker room in the wake of Graham's season ending injury as evidence. Graham hadn't been here long and wasn't yet making the impact that was expected. But there were guys on both side of the ball who were crushed when it happened. And not because of what it meant for them individually or as a team.

chris98251

Reaction score
I moved many posts in this thread and deleted them, if you can't post without attacking a poster then you won't be posting for a while, the 4 people involved you know who you are.

mrt144

Reaction score
You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him laugh