Wilson Graham relationship

monkey

Reaction score
HansGruber":2cb2hlsz said:
I really don't get the criticism of Wilson's PR skills by Seattle fans. To me, it shows maturity and awareness. Great traits for a quarterback and any kind of leader.

I'm not famous or anything, but I have a practice that I must protect. To say something publicly in association with my professional name that would impart any kind of racist undertone, political belief, etc could significantly damage my practice and those who work with and/or for me. So, when I speak publicly, or even privately with certain parties, I must be very cautious about my message, and even have an attorney and PR consultant to assist. This isn't "being fake." It's called "being professional."

Just because you personally have the luxury of not having to worry about that, doesn't give you the right to criticize those who do. In fact, it's really petty and makes the critic seem kind of small and jealous.

Seriously, outstanding take.I couldn't possibly agree more.

Maulbert":2cb2hlsz said:
But Beastmode doesn't really do anything controversial, either, aside from stonewalling the media. You want Wilson to do that? Just because you refuse to call his personality a personality doesn't make it any less of one. I know a fair few people who think I have a stick up my ass, but I don't give 2 shits what they think of me. I don't like to do what most people consider 'fun'. But that doesn't mean it's boring for me to be that way, or that I do it for image.

Another seriously outstanding take.
I for one am so tired of people dogging Wilson for his personality. This idea that you cannot be principled, and have fun is utter nonsense!
I understand first hand what it means to live it up. I have quite literally been there, done that. As evidence, I am a former US Navy sailor, who has been to the Philippines, (and all that implies.)
As someone who, through GOD's Grace, has turned my life around, and has been following the same principles that Russell Wilson purports to follow, for over 20 years now, I can tell you that I've never been happier, and never had more fun!
A person can be moral, and have fun. As a matter of fact, in my experience, I didn't know what fun really was, until I started living life with a clean mind, and clean conscience.

Maulbert

Reaction score
monkey":3un0tezy said:
Maulbert":3un0tezy said:
I really don't get the criticism of Wilson's PR skills by Seattle fans. To me, it shows maturity and awareness. Great traits for a quarterback and any kind of leader.

I'm not famous or anything, but I have a practice that I must protect. To say something publicly in association with my professional name that would impart any kind of racist undertone, political belief, etc could significantly damage my practice and those who work with and/or for me. So, when I speak publicly, or even privately with certain parties, I must be very cautious about my message, and even have an attorney and PR consultant to assist. This isn't "being fake." It's called "being professional."

Just because you personally have the luxury of not having to worry about that, doesn't give you the right to criticize those who do. In fact, it's really petty and makes the critic seem kind of small and jealous.

Seriously, outstanding take.I couldn't possibly agree more.

HansGruber":3un0tezy said:
But Beastmode doesn't really do anything controversial, either, aside from stonewalling the media. You want Wilson to do that? Just because you refuse to call his personality a personality doesn't make it any less of one. I know a fair few people who think I have a stick up my ass, but I don't give 2 shits what they think of me. I don't like to do what most people consider 'fun'. But that doesn't mean it's boring for me to be that way, or that I do it for image.

Another seriously outstanding take.
I for one am so tired of people dogging Wilson for his personality. This idea that you cannot be principled, and have fun is utter nonsense!
I understand first hand what it means to live it up. I have quite literally been there, done that. As evidence, I am a former US Navy sailor, who has been to the Philippines, (and all that implies.)
As someone who, through GOD's Grace, has turned my life around, and has been following the same principles that Russell Wilson purports to follow, for over 20 years now, I can tell you that I've never been happier, and never had more fun!
A person can be moral, and have fun. As a matter of fact, in my experience, I didn't know what fun really was, until I started living life with a clean mind, and clean conscience.

I don't know why, but you accidentally swapped the attributation of those 2 quotes. Mine is the second one. I am not a doctor and I don't have a practice.

monkey

Reaction score
TwilightError":393601sk said:
Classy yes, genuine? Really? That is the last thing he is perceived as.
It's the last thing YOU perceive him as you mean.
Own the statement, because you truly do not speak for everyone.
Everyone I know, all the sports fans that I associate with in my neck of the woods, thinks Wilson is the real genuine article, a man of faith who actually holds to his convictions.
I'm proud of the man he is, he's a positive example, a role model that I am not ashamed to have my children emulate.
If you think that he's fake, that's on you, that's YOUR perception, and not one I share at all!

monkey

Reaction score
Maulbert":1b7uferv said:
I don't know why, but you accidentally swapped the attributation of those 2 quotes. Mine is the second one. I am not a doctor and I don't have a practice.
I fixed it. :lol:

sutz

Reaction score
Maulbert":2n5g523p said:
monkey":2n5g523p said:
Maulbert":2n5g523p said:
I fixed it. :lol:

Thanks, I had also sent you a PM. Feel free to disregard it. :)
Kind of easy to do when quotes have numerous embeds. :laugh:

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I just read one person agreeing with another person about making a rule for what they can or can't say and then reply to another poster stating how what they think doesn't make it that way for everyone.

These threads are always fun. Especially when there is a majority of a certain....type.

Back on topic, Wilson and Graham are probably just good friends though. I don't see how there is anything weird about it.