Wilson has signed a deal with seattle seahawks!!!!!

Hawknballs

Reaction score
It's not inconceivable that Wilson could retire as the career leader in passer rating and top 5 in TD passes. If he continues to play at the level he has for the duration of this current contract he will be a hall of famer.

And some people still want to walk him outta town. :roll:

edogg23

Reaction score
Russ's contract will not be top 10 maybe not even top 15 of qb contracts by the time it is up. Any team that has even a remotely good franchise qb has to pay them top dollar or risk them walking, its just the way the league is right now. What do you think Mahomes is going to command?

Scorpion05

Reaction score
gabel":2r3vidxh said:
I think you don't really understand football with this statement.

Not only does he play well in big games, he plays well at the end of big games when it matters most. He's had a couple clunkers where he sucked in the first half (2012 at ATL, 2015 at CAR and 2014 against GB) but he finished strong in those games and won one.

Sorry to have a different opinion but I actually I do think I understand football. When a QB throws 4 interceptions in a game like he did against GB that is not a good game. When a quarter back throws a pick 6 and another interception in the first half he has already doomed his team, finishing strong when the game has already been decided doesn't matter. Please review his playoff stats there not that good. I recently re-watched class San Francisco/Seattle playoff game and was amazed at how poorly he played. Thank god Kaepernick was much worse.

I agree that usually Wilson does finish games off well when the other teams defense is tired. But he usually has dreadful starts to games. Statistically he is usually ranked the 10th best QB in the league yet he is the highest paid.

It's okay to have a different opinion, but let's not be ridiculous

I've rewatched that Green Bay game at least a dozen times. Three of those interceptions are extremely debatable, especially when you consider that they went through Kearse's hands. Coming back late to win that game is still impressive. Ask the Vikings or Jaguars how fun it is when their QB can't overcome their terrible performance.

Throwing a pick 6 in the 1st half is..well...normal. Unless your argument is that every elite QB wins every playoff game

I can argue that Tom Brady played worse in the Super Bowl than the Niners game. Hell, I can make the same argument for the AFC Championship game against the Chiefs. Ditto for Drew Brees. Seriously, if you are here to have an opinion, and debate, I sincerely hope you're willing to examine the facts objectively. Because right now it seems like you've stuck your food in the sand, facts and reason be damned

Scorpion05

Reaction score
RCATES":jszex58z said:
Now getting payed like the best player in football. Lets see if he comes through and looks like the best player in the NFL next season. :roll:

I totally agree

And since human beings don't hold people to different standards, because that would be seen as biased and unfair, I fully expect Rodgers to play like the 2nd best QB in the league.

In fact, if Russ doesn't have the most yards and TDS next year, and if Rodgers doesn't have the 2nd most, then they're failures. Forget if they win, forget if they produce. I look forward to the endless nitpicking

Actually let's remove Rodgers from this discussion. Wilson is the only one I've seen get nitpicked excessively by a significant portion of his fan base. A small part of me actually hoped for the guy to get traded to the Giants where 95% of the fans were clamoring for him and actually appreciates him.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt. It's kind of sad really that he likely would have been appreciated a lot more in another place. What has this guy done to deserve all the criticism??? It's extremely odd the way people are about a guy who has done nothing but win, carried himself w/class and lead by example. Why so personal with him? Did he pee in their Cheerio's or something? Can he get better? Absolutely, and I expect him to. But my god, the constant ignoring of what is right in front of us is a trip. Especially the stuff that matters, wins, what he does when the game is on the line etc.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That pretty sums it up perfectly. Talk and assumptions don't win football games. Russ, his teammates and his coaches do.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Love this one, which is followed by a vid of Cowturd picking his nose.

Aaron Levine‏Verified account @AaronQ13Fox

Follow Follow @AaronQ13Fox

Did it bother Russell Wilson to hear rumors that he might want to be playing elsewhere: "Didn't bother me. I knew I wanted to be here - knew I wanted to be here for a long time." #Seahawks (Sorry not sorry, #Giants)

2:07 PM - 17 Apr 2019

chris98251

Reaction score
What kills me is people here predicting a failure of a season and blaming Wilson before a snap of a football.

djb28

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/i/status/1118342295592398848[/tweet]

Hawkpower

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3kasjntc said:
No doubt. It's kind of sad really that he likely would have been appreciated a lot more in another place. What has this guy done to deserve all the criticism??? It's extremely odd the way people are about a guy who has done nothing but win, carried himself w/class and lead by example. Why so personal with him? Did he pee in their Cheerio's or something? Can he get better? Absolutely, and I expect him to. But my god, the constant ignoring of what is right in front of us is a trip. Especially the stuff that matters, wins, what he does when the game is on the line etc.

Respectfully disagree.

No town/media market is softer on their players than Seattle.

NY?? Russ would have heard about his mistakes 10 times over compared to Seattle.

Every NFL QB in every city gets criticized. Some Seattle fans just form personal attatchments to star players, causing them to overract when critique is given.

Its kinda cool that we are this way...in some ways. It's unique. I dont know if you've lived other places or not, but just to keep some perspective..."poor Russ" will be just fine ;)

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1ms1veer said:

HE has done nothing to deserve it. Some do it just because they like to pick a player and attack. Some do it because he does not fit the mold of what a QB should look like. Some do it because he is African American. Some do it because he is to robotic. Some because they don't like his goody toe shoes attitude. Some because they think he is fake. Some do it because they blame him for not winning a 2nd Qb for get the defense gave up 10 points with 9 minutes to go. Some do it because they think he is nothing without a great defense and run game, forget the fact he is the only player in the NFL to account for over 80% of the offensive yards and over 95% of the offensive TDsin a season. Some because they blame him for the LOB breaking up, which of course is ridiculous. There are a lot of reason most have little to know basis in fact. But it is what it is. Interestingly most of them who don't like Wilson loved Hass, even though he did not win them a SB. He had a great oline, and great Run game, I wonder why they loved Hass could be because he is over 6 foot and looks like what they think an NFL QB looks like, Could be because he is Caucasian, could be because they dont think he was to robotic. Who knows. But it is a shame they treat Wilson the way they do.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
John63":2smkyx5f said:
SoulfishHawk":2smkyx5f said:

HE has done nothing to deserve it. Some do it just because they like to pick a player and attack. Some do it because he does not fit the mold of what a QB should look like. Some do it because he is African American. Some do it because he is to robotic. Some because they don't like his goody toe shoes attitude. Some because they think he is fake. Some do it because they blame him for not winning a 2nd Qb for get the defense gave up 10 points with 9 minutes to go. Some do it because they think he is nothing without a great defense and run game, forget the fact he is the only player in the NFL to account for over 80% of the offensive yards and over 95% of the offensive TDsin a season. Some because they blame him for the LOB breaking up, which of course is ridiculous. There are a lot of reason most have little to know basis in fact. But it is what it is. Interestingly most of them who don't like Wilson loved Hass, even though he did not win them a SB. He had a great oline, and great Run game, I wonder why they loved Hass could be because he is over 6 foot and looks like what they think an NFL QB looks like, Could be because he is Caucasian, could be because they dont think he was to robotic. Who knows. But it is a shame they treat Wilson the way they do.

it feels like perhaps this is an overreaction to how fans react to Russ. Do some fans not like him? Sure. But you will find that with every fan base.

Also, the proportion of fans who LOVE russ here in Seattle compared to those who don't is very much in Russ' favor. He is loved here.

Finally, fans are going to point out players weaknesses on a message board. Russ has strengths and weaknesses. They will be discussed.

As I said, spend some time experiencing how east coast athletes are talked about in message boards. It will provide some perspective.

chris98251

Reaction score
Remember Hass, how about, Griffey and Arod or Gary Payton when they were here, there was always a segment that was down on them.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good points Hawkpower. And homer or not, I have no problem pointing out if he plays bad.
But there's a difference between pointing stuff out that he did on the field and blatantly refusing to accept how damn good he has been. Let alone his wins, 4th quarter comebacks, playoff wins etc. I have almost become numb to the refusal by people to ever give him credit for anything. Yet the same people are quick to point out negative stuff as often as possible.
Oh well, fan how you want. But Chris makes a good point. Thanks a lot Russ (for losses that haven't actually happened yet) :lol:

Chapow

Reaction score
chris98251":3jvvsl0a said:
What kills me is people here predicting a failure of a season and blaming Wilson before a snap of a football.

Quick correction. They're not predicting the upcoming season will be a failure because of Russ, they're predicting the next half decade will be a failure because of Russ.

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":1dx9oz02 said:
to those, Wilson will always that too short, too white, game manager.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk