Wilson is the MVP.

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
seahawksny":5rzq44ed said:
Rat":5rzq44ed said:
I don't know, A-Rod was at like 40 yards passing halfway through the third quarter in their loss to the Chargers. Let's call them co-MVPs for now.

No offense
But A rod is Alex Rodriguez. Not Ridgers
Technically, neither of them are A-Rod. Rodriguez is A-Roid. Rodgers is E-Rod

ducks41468

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3k1pa1se said:
I just hope its not the focus...stick to the gameplan and it might happen but dont force it and $h!t the bed.

With the defense playing as it has we don't even need to go off script to get Russ his MVP numbers, as long as he is capable of them.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
seahawksny":3n9hlv1c said:
Rat":3n9hlv1c said:
seahawksny":3n9hlv1c said:
Rat":3n9hlv1c said:
I don't know, A-Rod was at like 40 yards passing halfway through the third quarter in their loss to the Chargers. Let's call them co-MVPs for now.

No offense

I don't respect either, so I'm not too picky about who gets the name.

A rod I get it
What's wrong with Rodgers?

Its A-Rodge...

how they say it in Wisconsin atleast

Rat

Reaction score
seahawksny":2thouqls said:
Rat":2thouqls said:
seahawksny":2thouqls said:
Rat":2thouqls said:

No offense

I don't respect either, so I'm not too picky about who gets the name.

A rod I get it
What's wrong with Rodgers?

Rodgers is a whiner who gets more calls than anyone in the NFL not named Brady. He's good, but I can't stand him.

I'm not even a Mariners fan either (I root for the one team - Marlins - who has had a more miserable past 15 years), so that part isn't sour grapes or anything, it's just hard to respect such a blatant cheater. I know you agreed on that, just thought I'd expand on what I said earlier.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":t6ivrdof said:
I have believed in Russ since his rookie year. I bought his jersey in 2012 knowing I would never regret having it. He always had that “it” factor. Greatness just flows off him. It did when he was a Rookie and it’s still flowing full force. I never, ever doubted the young man. So damned proud to be a career long Wilson believer.
I really hope we can get him another defense soon because he deserves another ring. Pure greatness.
It was the Bears game in Chicago during his rookie season that did "it" for me.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Rodgers is having a fine season but actually has a defense and run game this year. He looked awful today and really hasn't done too much outside a few games.

Russell is the reason this team is 7-2 and coming in as a top 6 team in the rankings. If he keeps this level of play up there's no way he doesn't win MVP. Every analyst says he is the Seahawks this year and he will take this team as far as they can go. That is who wins MVP.

Rat

Reaction score
mistaowen":2eq3x7wt said:
Rodgers is having a fine season but actually has a defense and run game this year. He looked awful today and really hasn't done too much outside a few games.

Yeah, after today, McCaffrey might be the bigger threat to Russ. That guy is pretty much their entire team and is putting up some ridiculous numbers.

PackerNation

Reaction score
Rat":p67srddt said:

I'll take that. :)

Miserable day for the Packer WR's. Dropped a nice long bomb.....

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
PackerNation":fumjoizm said:
Rat":fumjoizm said:

Wilson had at least 2 dropped today and that's off the top of my head and not counting Metcalf failing to drag his back foot on what should've been a first down pass to him. Russ is clearly having the better year SO FAR. We'll see how it plays out.

PackerNation

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":iapwfsrm said:
PackerNation":iapwfsrm said:
Rat":iapwfsrm said:

Wilson had at least 2 dropped today and that's off the top of my head and not counting Metcalf failing to drag his back foot on what should've been a first down pass to him. Russ is clearly having the better year SO FAR. We'll see how it plays out.

Agree.

This might be Wilson's best year ever. (So far)

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Paying attention to the media, it still does feel like Russ has to play out of his mind to get respect. Rodgers had two good games and everywhere I looked Russ seemed like an afterthought.

CMC is also great, but an RB will never have the impact of a QB. Not to mention, I highly doubt CMC would be in the MVP discussion with Cam Newton. Kyle Allen’s steady play has allowed CMC to eat and play well.

PackerNation

Reaction score
Rat":3mrd27o5 said:
Perhaps Lamar Jackson should be in the conversation as well.

After tonight, yes. Let's see how he does the rest of the way though.

1. Wilson
2. Rodgers
3. Jackson
4. Watson

Any one of these could grab it depending on the rest of the year goes. Or none. The NFL can be fickle.

tersal

Reaction score
At this point the word I hear is that Russ is behind in the voting to Andrew Luck.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":2vo9rzey said:
hawkfannj":2vo9rzey said:
I’ve been very critical of him in past years but this year he has transformed before my eyes . There is nobody close to him in talking about MVP

Nothing has transformed. You were just wrong. :D

To be fair, Wilson absolutely has improved.

Gone (seemingly) are the days where he would be awful for a half and then suddenly click and light it up. Now he just lights it up from the get go!!

I think we all saw this season as his potential, and it’s a beautiful thing to see it come to fruition. He’s fantastic.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
FWIW This morning on ESPN they are touting Lamar Jackson. Can’t say that he doesn’t deserve it either it would just be nice for our guys to get the National press once in a while.

PackerNation

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3v55akru said:
FWIW This morning on ESPN they are touting Lamar Jackson. Can’t say that he doesn’t deserve it either it would just be nice for our guys to get the National press once in a while.

Media darling because he had a big night. After further review, his stats are nothing extraordinary.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... ckLa00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... lsRu00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... dgAa00.htm

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2iv0ohew said:
Hockey Guy":2iv0ohew said:
hawkfannj":2iv0ohew said:
I’ve been very critical of him in past years but this year he has transformed before my eyes . There is nobody close to him in talking about MVP

Nothing has transformed. You were just wrong. :D

To be fair, Wilson absolutely has improved.

Gone (seemingly) are the days where he would be awful for a half and then suddenly click and light it up. Now he just lights it up from the get go!!

I think we all saw this season as his potential, and it’s a beautiful thing to see it come to fruition. He’s fantastic.

Improved, yes. Transformed, no. Transformed implies he suddenly became good.

xray

Reaction score
Wilson may deserve MVP at this moment ; but if the Hawks fail to make the playoffs ; or do make the playoffs and go one and done ; he probably won't get it .

Hawkpower

Reaction score
xray":373ani0n said:
Wilson may deserve MVP at this moment ; but if the Hawks fail to make the playoffs ; or do make the playoffs and go one and done ; he probably won't get it .

Playoff performance will have no bearing as the voting is done before they start.