Wilson...what have you done for me lately?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":6ba1f5vh said:
Scottemojo":6ba1f5vh said:
pehawk":6ba1f5vh said:
Scottemojo":6ba1f5vh said:
Fact: The source for the story is not a Seahawk front office guy. The source is Mike Florio. I'm not kidding. It's like the New York Post using the National Enquirer as a story source.

You would learn more from the comments at PFT than you will from this non story.

Hmm, I disagree. PFT first reported the story, but, PFT has been reliable with this regime. Remember my nonsense last week saying the Seahawks use NFL insider types to their advantage? Welp, I think that's what this is.

I see nothing wrong with the story, it makes sense. This has been Wilson's worst year as a pro, IMO. Even throwing Percy out of the mix, he's just been off, a lot.

I both like and appreciate this report.

Not this one. I read the story, it is based of Florio saying the Seahawks MAY do something after the season is over depending on the results of the season. That is a water is wet kind of statement. Seattle can't do anything about Russ til the season ends anyway, and clearly what they do could be affected by a number of events still to be determined. Florio never claimed a source, he just spun what is clearly true.

I think is this regime using the media to motivate, as they tend to do. Agree to disagree, because you're wrong.
I am often wrong.

Maybe Florio heard it from Silver who heard it from Lynch.

McGruff

Reaction score
pehawk":2rafjs7c said:
Scottemojo":2rafjs7c said:
Fact: The source for the story is not a Seahawk front office guy. The source is Mike Florio. I'm not kidding. It's like the New York Post using the National Enquirer as a story source.

You would learn more from the comments at PFT than you will from this non story.

Hmm, I disagree. PFT first reported the story, but, PFT has been reliable with this regime. Remember my nonsense last week saying the Seahawks use NFL insider types to their advantage? Welp, I think that's what this is.

I see nothing wrong with the story, it makes sense. This has been Wilson's worst year as a pro, IMO. Even throwing Percy out of the mix, he's just been off, a lot.

Wilson's worst year has him at 64% completions, a 3/1td to interrupt ratio and an 8-4 record. Why wouldn't we extend him?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
As others have said, zero chance we would just let Wilson leave in free agency. Even taking into account his occasional struggles this year, there's a reason that every team lacking a QB would go balls to the wall to try to sign him if he hit the market.

SeaChase

Reaction score
Wilson isn't going anywhere. I think the Harvin trade had something to do with this, possibly in quite a few ways.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
"per league source" = garbage story.

All Wilson's agent needs to do is pop in the scramble last night (and about 40 other scrambles Russell's done in the past three years) to Moeaki for 63 yards, and the contracts signed.

No one, and I mean no one in the league can do what Russell does in those scrambles. That's just not something you "move on from."

pehawk

Reaction score
McGruff":33m8pwic said:
pehawk":33m8pwic said:
Scottemojo":33m8pwic said:

Wilson's worst year has him at 64% completions, a 3/1td to interrupt ratio and an 8-4 record. Why wouldn't we extend him?

I'm not saying they shouldn't resign him or wont. And yes, it's my opinion this has been his worst year as passer. That's not to say he's bad, he's still great, but it's been the lessor of his three "great" years. He's missed a lot of balls that he really hasn't the first three years.

I'm not sure why this topic gets everybody's panties in such a bunch. You literally cant discuss it rationally from a how much is he worth perspective or dare to point out areas he needs to improve. Look how tantrumey this article will undoubtedly make this community.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
pehawk":1zodoyj0 said:
I'm not saying they shouldn't resign him or wont. And yes, it's my opinion this has been his worst year as passer. That's not to say he's bad, he's still great, but it's been the lessor of his three "great" years. He's missed a lot of balls that he really hasn't the first three years.

I'm not sure why this topic gets everybody's panties in such a bunch. You literally cant discuss it rationally from a how much is he worth perspective or dare to point out areas he needs to improve. Look how tantrumey this article will undoubtedly make this community.

I mean obviously people shouldn't be emotional about it as they often are, but a topic that calls into question whether the Seahawks would extend him at all is a pretty obvious non-starter since there's literally zero chance they don't extend him this offseason short of some sort of awful injury late this year that calls his entire future into question.

Obviously a "how much is he worth" topic is fair game and should be able to produce reasonable discussion.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":bjz9qqjk said:
McGruff":bjz9qqjk said:
pehawk":bjz9qqjk said:
Scottemojo":bjz9qqjk said:

I was just talking with another poster about how Russ has dropped the soft toss from his repetoire this year. There was this myth his first couple of years that Wilson had a weak arm because he was dropping rainbows. This year he has been gunning it a lot more.

It failed to connect, but last night he tried a rainbow on the right side. I took that as an extremely good sign that the pressing I have seen from him is pretty much over.

pehawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":3p9t75ii said:
pehawk":3p9t75ii said:

I mean obviously people shouldn't be emotional about it as they often are, but a topic that calls into question whether the Seahawks would extend him at all is a pretty obvious non-starter since there's literally zero chance they don't extend him this offseason short of some sort of awful injury late this year that calls his entire future into question.

Obviously a "how much is he worth" topic is fair game and should be able to produce reasonable discussion.

Is this a message the Patriots would send? The answer is yes.

This is Pete and regime trying to motivate their star in their way.

Hawks46

Reaction score
pehawk":380ga40v said:
Scottemojo":380ga40v said:

Wow, c'mon Pe. You know better than this man.

This is the absolute worst way to run negotiations for your most expensive player. You want to overpay a QB along the lines of a Flacco ? Just follow the yellow brick road to the following paragraph :

"Per a league source, the team’s willingness to give Wilson a new deal will depend in large part on how the current season turns out. Miss the playoffs or get eliminated early, and the Seahawks will be inclined to wait. Return to the Super Bowl, and a new deal becomes more likely. "

Gee....I'm going to give ALL my leverage away when my QB has a poor season, and wait until he has the MOST possible leverage so I can over pay him even more !!!! That sounds EXACTLY like our FO's MO. Uhhh. nope. Unless you honestly have questions whether Wilson is the answer at QB. Go ahead and let him hit FA....most of the league would be looking at us and wonder what other drugs they made legal in WA. 2/3 of the league would pay Wilson a max contract.

Also notice the first part of that paragraph "per a league source". It doesn't say a Seahawk source. A league source could be Florio as previously stated.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
pehawk":1oi0ptcp said:
Is this a message the Patriots would send? The answer is yes.

This is Pete and regime trying to motivate their star in their way.

Meh. I agree with you frequently, but I'm not buying this at all.

pehawk

Reaction score
The Seahawks don't deal or negotiate like other programs. They build goodwill by doing right by their players and negotiating in pretty good faith. The culture is most important. I don't think they approach it like you say, Hawks46.

Also, I think (its fairly obvious) that the Seahawks funnel the messages they want through Mort, King and PFT.

This is them motivating in their way. It's the same message they always send "we reward our own well if they reward us".

The only issue is how personal and girly Seahawks fans take it. You all sound like another girl called your BFF a whore or something. Its the Seahawks motivating their star QB in a 3rd party way. It's not anything new for them.

Anthony!

Reaction score
pehawk":5yztre0o said:
The Seahawks don't deal or negotiate like other programs. They build goodwill by doing right by their players and negotiating in pretty good faith. The culture is most important. I don't think they approach it like you say, Hawks46.

Also, I think (its fairly obvious) that the Seahawks funnel the messages they want through Mort, King and PFT.

This is them motivating in their way. It's the same message they always send "we reward our own well if they reward us".

The only issue is how personal and girly Seahawks fans take it. You all sound like another girl called your BFF a whore or something. Its the Seahawks motivating their star QB in a 3rd party way. It's not anything new for them.

Yeah sorry but I think it is complete BS the fact you are buying it tells me something though, But sorry BS, someone some place making crap up.

Rainger

Reaction score
Reaneypark":39mqle72 said:
It sounds like the reporter is hearing what he wants to hear. Doesn't it make sense that this team would wait to negotiate with Wilson until after the season is over? It's going to be a franchise-defining contract, I'm sure everyone wants to take their time on it.
It is Florio, he is the Jerry Springer of NFL "reporters" (lose term when used with him)

pehawk

Reaction score
rainger":8cvj1937 said:
Reaneypark":8cvj1937 said:
It sounds like the reporter is hearing what he wants to hear. Doesn't it make sense that this team would wait to negotiate with Wilson until after the season is over? It's going to be a franchise-defining contract, I'm sure everyone wants to take their time on it.
It is Florio, he is the Jerry Springer of NFL "reporters" (lose term when used with him)

Florio has a pretty good relationship with the Seahawks FO, just saying. Pete and the program's MO is positivity, especially from him, so if he wants to motivate someone he does it through the media at times. He's done with a few OL, Irvin, Wags at times. It's just kind of how they do things.

I mean, isn't it amazing that as SOON as Percy was traded al the "dirt" came out. The fights, the arguments, all of it. Most telling was the reports by PFT, King, Mort, Schefter that Schneider was "very honest with the Jets about Percy". Its almost as if someone was spinning this on the Seahawks behalf. The narrative was less about the cost of Percy and more about why the Seahawks had to get rid of them.

The PFT's, King, Schefeters of the world have always said things that make the Seahawks look good. Always. The Seahawks get a pass from the heavy hitters when it comes to criticisms. Be it questioning Jared Allen's desire to win to who was going to select Irvin if the Seahawks hadn't...somehow the Seahawks side of the story always gets out. But, youre right, probably just a coincidence.

You never hear those guys dig in on the Seahawks, ever. You know why? Because they have a great relationship with them, that's why.

And Anthony! that really hurts. You we're to be my compass for how and whom to be as a poster. Level headed and reasoned.

Also, I think the huge difference is I don't wear a foil hat and think the national media is something "out to get us 12's...yippee!!!". It's immediate menstruation from most Seahawks fans when anyone says anything they don't understand.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1znhnh4q said:
SI says the office may not extend Russell if the hawks don't go deep in the play offs?

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/11/27/seattl ... n-decision

What does this actually mean? Could they actually be thinking of going another direction or are they just hoping to get his price down? ...and once again who in the office keeps leaking this stuff every game day?
Meh, typical motivational stuff to get Wilson to elevate his game a bit. He will be given an extension and it will be 18-20M+. Relax it will be the best decision ever made by the Seahawks. There is no logical reason to let him play out the last year of his rookie contract they didn't with Sherman and they won't with Wilson because he is a core player just like Earl and Wagner.

Anthony!

Reaction score
pehawk":2nsv6bd9 said:
rainger":2nsv6bd9 said:
Reaneypark":2nsv6bd9 said:

Florio has a pretty good relationship with the Seahawks FO, just saying. Pete and the program's MO is positivity, especially from him, so if he wants to motivate someone he does it through the media at times. He's done with a few OL, Irvin, Wags at times. It's just kind of how they do things.

I mean, isn't it amazing that as SOON as Percy was traded al the "dirt" came out. The fights, the arguments, all of it. Most telling was the reports by PFT, King, Mort, Schefter that Schneider was "very honest with the Jets about Percy". Its almost as if someone was spinning this on the Seahawks behalf. The narrative was less about the cost of Percy and more about why the Seahawks had to get rid of them.

The PFT's, King, Schefeters of the world have always said things that make the Seahawks look good. Always. The Seahawks get a pass from the heavy hitters when it comes to criticisms. Be it questioning Jared Allen's desire to win to who was going to select Irvin if the Seahawks hadn't.

You never hear those guys dig in on the Seahawks, ever. You know why? Because they have a great relationship with them, that's why.

And Anthony! that really hurts. You we're to be my compass for how and whom to be as a poster. Level headed and reasoned.

Dude all I said is you buying tells me something, I never said what that was. Maybe you buying puts more credence to it, maybe you buying puts less. You should ask first. As an FYI you buying it told me something is up, the question is what? I am thinking this is a lot of guessing on the part of the person who wrote it, and given all the stuff that came out that we still do not know if true or not, it lends itself to being questioned. Again I do not buy it everyone I know connected to the hawks has said they are planning on extending him asap, so I think the writer is guessing or just stirring up trouble that is not real.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The Seahawks PR machine is a black hole. Nothing escapes unless they want it to. The Harvin trade and locker room shenanigans were a total shock. A hands-on organization like the Seahawks would not want to use the media for motivation; they have no control over what happens to the information once it leaves the VMAC.

And nothing about the Seahawks' SOP thus far suggests they use the media to motivate its players. They take a far more direct and people-skills approach.

Also, when did Wilson lack for motivation?

None of this fits with the philosophy of the team. This is Florio talking out his ass, taking advantage of the Seahawks' win to get clicks with an against-the-grain blurb. Typical mediot move.

Latest posts