Wilsons pocket presence has looked AMAZING lately!!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good point Si, he finished what he started. Would be awesome if more people actually noticed that instead of dwelling on that bad play :lol:

mrblitz

Reaction score
it looks like russ has taken another step in developing his use of o-linemen to shield out pressure. like he's able to take a step or two here or there, and find space within the pocket, like a rodgers or roethlisberger. like, russ doesn't need to do a 'jailbreak' move every time, but can shift his position just a tad, and give himself that extra second.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
With Wilson at QB the Seahawks are 12-2 against the 49ers, outscoring them a total of 343 - 187. Managing the heck out of those games, I guess.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Hawknballs":35oc8hsm said:
With Wilson at QB the Seahawks are 12-2 against the 49ers, outscoring them a total of 343 - 187. Managing the heck out of those games, I guess.

He managed to drop %36 of his passes for TDs.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Fade":3zkuz554 said:
Shanegotyou11":3zkuz554 said:
Fade":3zkuz554 said:
First I will critique 3 of Wilson's sacks as they may appear to have been bad, but let me break them down for you peeps.

Off the top of the head here, but you will know the ones I am talking about.

1) Russ appeared to have a bad sack on a 3rd 9. Wilson had a great pocket, a lot of time, but all the receivers ran stop routes at the sticks, and SF defense was sitting on them. No where to go with the ball. Coverage Sack.

2) Similar to situation 1 TV broadcast didn't show all the routes though, but I would put this one on Wilson because he escaped the pocket, but was lazily unaware that a defender was right there and he got shoe string tackled from behind. He could of ran for a lot of yards with better awareness there. That one was on Wilson.

3) 1st and goal from the 1. Why are they throwing here? Horrible play call. Even if you don't score with a run, the clock keeps running. Dumb play call. Russ was also horrible taking a 16 yard loss on the play. They were both terrible. Carroll, Schotty, & Wilson need to be smarter here. Run the ball three times if you have too, fully displaying your mentality as a running team. You either get the TD, or you chew up more clock. Win, win.

Wilson's overall pocket presense is definitely showing up, because when he dives into the film, he is seeing a pocket so he is more willing to stand in there. Years past it was a dumpster fire up front so he didn't trust it. (I wouldn't either if I was him.)
Schotty & Solari have both been big benefits in this area for Wilson. The offense is also getting better every week collectively which is a strong albeit obvious sign they are being well coached.

This team is so damn close to being great. They just need to upgrade a few spots on defense, and they will take back the NFC West from the Rams.

I disagree on tge #3 point. If tyler chips the DE, then its a easy TD to Davis. The playcall wasn't the issue as much as the execution.

I missed that. I haven't had the opportunity to watch it multiple times yet (don't think I will either, not worth it), so you're probably right on that. End of the day though big picture situation wise. When the Seahawks are up big in the 4th -> run the ball, and run out the clock, impose your will. Just my philosophy on it in that situation.

Yea Tyler totally whiffed the chip and russ was screwed. Yea, i agree on running and wasting clock when up that big.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Uncle Si":ylzfebml said:
I love that he took a 16 yard sack on first and goal from the one AND STILL throws a TD pass to end the drive...

On Sherman.

The great and not so good of wilson epitomized

I thought we kicked a fg there? Maybe im wrong.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Wilson is playing his best football right now the man's straight up dropping dimes game after game.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawknballs":245quzhc said:
Like Aros’ old sig line says “Jed York doesn’t own the San Francisco 49er’s, Russell Wilson does!”

mrblitz

Reaction score
wilson is getting better, and so is the rest of the offensive unit. this is a special year in that regard. there are so many good things happening in every aspect of the offense; things we've not seen in awhile.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":zgdcuo4p said:
Uncle Si":zgdcuo4p said:
I love that he took a 16 yard sack on first and goal from the one AND STILL throws a TD pass to end the drive...

On Sherman.

The great and not so good of wilson epitomized

I thought we kicked a fg there? Maybe im wrong.

You might be right... i wa thinking of the drive before where the pass to the one was called back for a hold and then he threw the td.

I was in and out at that point

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":228gql05 said:
Fade":228gql05 said:
First I will critique 3 of Wilson's sacks as they may appear to have been bad, but let me break them down for you peeps.

1) Russ appeared to have a bad sack on a 3rd 9. Wilson had a great pocket, a lot of time, but all the receivers ran stop routes at the sticks, and SF defense was sitting on them. No where to go with the ball. Coverage Sack.

2) Similar to situation 1 TV broadcast didn't show all the routes though, but I would put this one on Wilson because he escaped the pocket, but was lazily unaware that a defender was right there and he got shoe string tackled from behind. He could of ran for a lot of yards with better awareness there. That one was on Wilson.

3) 1st and goal from the 1. Why are they throwing here? Horrible play call. Even if you don't score with a run, the clock keeps running. Dumb play call. Russ was also horrible taking a 16 yard loss on the play. They were both terrible. Carroll, Schotty, & Wilson need to be smarter here. Run the ball three times if you have too, fully displaying your mentality as a running team. You either get the TD, or you chew up more clock. Win, win.

Wilson's overall pocket presense is definitely showing up, because when he dives into the film, he is seeing a pocket so he is more willing to stand in there. Years past it was a dumpster fire up front so he didn't trust it. (I wouldn't either if I was him.)
Schotty & Solari have both been big benefits in this area for Wilson. The offense is also getting better every week collectively which is a strong albeit obvious sign they are being well coached.

This team is so damn close to being great. They just need to upgrade a few spots on defense, and they will take back the NFC West from the Rams.

I disagree on tge #3 point. If tyler chips the DE, then its a easy TD to Davis. The playcall wasn't the issue as much as the execution.

Exactly.. Did you all,forget we got stuffed on 2 straight runs from,the one the drive before ?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":u5249crc said:
Fade":u5249crc said:

And I firmly believe they were going for TD pass #5 as a big middle finger to Sherm's 5 picks comment.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":qvtgi4nt said:
Fade":qvtgi4nt said:

And I firmly believe they were going for TD pass #5 as a big middle finger to Sherm's 5 picks comment.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
mrblitz":3qi4p33f said:
it looks like russ has taken another step in developing his use of o-linemen to shield out pressure. like he's able to take a step or two here or there, and find space within the pocket, like a rodgers or roethlisberger. like, russ doesn't need to do a 'jailbreak' move every time, but can shift his position just a tad, and give himself that extra second.

Bingo.

Schotty is helping to take Russ to the next level.

Dare I say...............................................................................................ELITE?

Latest posts