Wilson's Words of Wisdom

Bakergirl

Reaction score
Apologies if this was already posted, but I really loved this article from .com. Totally gave me goosebumps and reminded me why I love Russell Wilson so much, and why he will be the one to lead this team to the promised land...perhaps many times over. It's amazing to see someone so young so incredibly determined to be the best not just today, but tomorrow and beyond. He's never satisfied with just being good enough. He really does strive to be great and he pushes his teammates to do the same day in and day out.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articl...ffseason/b6c427f3-7a73-491c-97b2-ab0d609ca69a

Fixed the link sorry.

There’s no time to sleep: “That’s kind of my personal slogan. I always say that, and I say it to myself, really. It’s motivation for me. I’ve got no time to sleep. There’s no time to sleep, because there’s somebody else trying to work that much harder than me. And I’m always trying to get that competitive edge. And I always want to continue to grow.”

scutterhawk

Reaction score
The kid is brilliant beyond his years, and he overlooks NOTHING.
That kind of determination is contagious, and all the players that are around him will be drawn into taking their NFL games to a whole another level.

RufusPorter

Reaction score
God that was a good read, thanks for the link.

I love the reference to Chuck Knox sprinkled in with his Knoxisms. Football players make football plays!!!

Is it September yet?

OP
OP
Bakergirl

Bakergirl

Reaction score
Beeker":1yiahjql said:
God that was a good read, thanks for the link.

I love the reference to Chuck Knox sprinkled in with his Knoxisms. Football players make football plays!!!

Is it September yet?

Yeah the Knoxisms were great. Brings back some foggy memories, a great blast from the past. Wilsonisms are in good company.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Russell Wilson doesn't sleep. He waits.

or

Russell Wilson took a sleeping pill, and it made him blink once.

A

Anonymous

When Russell mixes you a martini, you can't taste the alcohol.

LargentFan

Reaction score
Every time I read or hear about Wilson and the "no time for sleep" concept, I am reminded of this video that some guy made. Pretty inspirational. There's a speech that is edited into it. Good speech, even if it takes almost 6 minutes to listen to it.

[youtube]ynXY9cIcIG0[/youtube]

TwilightError

Reaction score
Dude is in for a serious burn out. Or maybe he will be prepared for it, already studying film on burn outs.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
Love this line from the article:
The day of Harvin’s introductory news conference after he had been acquired in the trade with the Minnesota Vikings, the session was delayed briefly. No one could find Harvin, because Wilson had intercepted him and they were watching video.

Hawks46

Reaction score
That thing with Harvin is awesome in two ways: Wilson's work ethic and leadership will keep Harvin satisfied, and Harvin's work ethic and enthusiasm getting into the film room that quickly with Wilson.

The word on Harvin is that he's uber competitive and it gives him attitude. He's still not on Wilson's level, and that gives him something to strive for. Wilson is the kind of guy that makes the entire team want to run through a wall for him.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
TwilightError":2t3f7p6a said:
Dude is in for a serious burn out. Or maybe he will be prepared for it, already studying film on burn outs.
This kind of person doesn't burn out. What will happen is he'll win one SB and then be motivated to win another to prove it wasn't a fluke. Then after he wins #2 he'll be motivated to secure his place in NFL history by winning 3 of them. Then after #3 he'll want to match Montana's 4 wins and then of course #5 would be to surpass Joe. After #5 he'd want to put it out of reach of anyone else so he'd strive just as hard for #6.

Don't know how much of this is going to come true though I am absolutely convinced he gets us our first ever championship and I'd wager he gets at least 2. I am also convinced he won't ever burn out.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":ce8m8f4m said:
TwilightError":ce8m8f4m said:
This kind of person doesn't burn out. What will happen is he'll win one SB and then be motivated to win another to prove it wasn't a fluke. Then after he wins #2 he'll be motivated to secure his place in NFL history by winning 3 of them. Then after #3 he'll want to match Montana's 4 wins and then of course #5 would be to surpass Joe. After #5 he'd want to put it out of reach of anyone else so he'd strive just as hard for #6.

Don't know how much of this is going to come true though I am absolutely convinced he gets us our first ever championship and I'd wager he gets at least 2. I am also convinced he won't ever burn out.

I love his passion and tenacity for improvement. For his sake, and selfishly for the rest of us, I hope he never burns out. I served under a dynamic leader in another walk of life, who drew people to him with his charisma, conviction, hard work, and vision. He built a big, successful organization, and seemed to thrive on the demands expected of him as the organization grew. However, he didn't maintain the necessary balance required to sustain. Sure he ate well, exercised as he was supposed to, and lead a disciplined life, but went so hard at everything, he eventually burnt himself out. He lost his edge, quit the organization, and had to take time to put his life back together. There was no major flaw in his character other than the imbalance of his overall life.

As the steep learning curve levels off for Russell, I hope is able to find an elite cruising altitude that still allows him to get the rest he'll need for his mind, body, and family for the next 10 years or more.

12thManNorth

Reaction score
RW will not burnout. You don't burnout from something that is your true passion in life. I think he's heard enough hate in his time to stay motivated for 10 lifetimes. Also I think the memory of his father motivates him beyond belief. Off the field, no doubt that he is the next coming of Peyton Manning. Whether he can do it as consistenly as Peyton ON the field for a 10-15 years of course remains to be seen. The fact that RW is our guy instead of that bicep kissing GOOF Kaepernick is a godsend for the 12th man

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
12thManNorth":3lmcd4t6 said:
RW will not burnout. You don't burnout from something that is your true passion in life. I think he's heard enough hate in his time to stay motivated for 10 lifetimes. Also I think the memory of his father motivates him beyond belief. Off the field, no doubt that he is the next coming of Peyton Manning. Whether he can do it as consistenly as Peyton ON the field for a 10-15 years of course remains to be seen. The fact that RW is our guy instead of that bicep kissing GOOF Kaepernick is a godsend for the 12th man
Post of the year for my $. This is what I was trying to say above.

sutz

Reaction score
nategreat":suv4unn6 said:
He needs to sleep though. At least two hours.
I heard he did that in March. He's good for now.

;)

hawk45

Reaction score
I think RW is as canny about his recovery abilities as he is about sliding and avoiding contact when he runs. He has the will and ability to outwork folks, but he's smart enough to realize that the number on thing is staying healthy, and there's no reason to think he doesn't value his mental health every bit as much as his physical health.

Those smarts are what just blow me away. There are lots of talented players who work hard, but some players never learn to control their emotions and play it smart. Hell Hass got himself a Patrick Willis helmet in the back early one season not avoiding contact, and that was later in Hass's career.

I also don't think it's a coincidence that Wilson's TD/INT ratio is so outstanding for a rookie.

Good decisions. He makes 'em.

OP
OP
Bakergirl

Bakergirl

Reaction score
12thManNorth":6jkjvp45 said:

Took the words right outta my mouth. :th2thumbs:

kigenzun

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is heartfelt passion and never-say-die persistence personified. We are blessed to have him as the face of this franchise.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hawks46":35f9ctj0 said:
That thing with Harvin is awesome in two ways: Wilson's work ethic and leadership will keep Harvin satisfied, and Harvin's work ethic and enthusiasm getting into the film room that quickly with Wilson.

The word on Harvin is that he's uber competitive and it gives him attitude. He's still not on Wilson's level, and that gives him something to strive for. Wilson is the kind of guy that makes the entire team want to run through a wall for him.
Kudos to both, but major props to Russ for immediately bringing Harvin on board. That session and the earlier text invites to the informal OTA in S. Cal shows uber proactivity. :cool:

Latest posts