Win with grace, lose with GRACE.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Kaepernick needs to lose the attitude with the media.

Tiresome. And it isn't the real him.

HawkWow

Reaction score
He would be wise to empty his closet of other team's apparel. So he probably won't.

HawkWow

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":11nvxo2v said:

He's trying to hide his inferiority. Seriously. It wasn't by accident that Nevada was the best deal for him and I'm sure he understands as much.. SF picked him too high if they had plans of playing him as a pocket passer. I think they're out of their frikin' minds. Just play the hell out of him until the wheels fall off. Maybe they'll win something under him in the interim. If they continue to play him like he's Manning, he will just bust. I see no sense in that approach.

Kaep would have been better off with the Jags. A team not expecting to win immediately and where he could learn and grow. He's been thrown to the lions and I am certain it will not end well for him in SF. In fact, if he were a Hawk, I'd want him waived as soon as possible upon the conclusion of the season. His agent will be screaming "My client took your team to the SB...we want $15 mil per". I wouldn't keep him on the roster if he'd settle for $5 mil per. He's not an NFL QB, IMO.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I want to crap on Kaep as much as the next 12 but honestly, I don't think the two are comparable. Russell Wilson is such an outstanding human being, I would certainly hate to be compared to him. To say we are lucky to have him as our quarterback is the biggest understatement I can make. This guy is Presidential in character where Colin is, um...Yeah...Not so much. Still, I don't hold that against the kid. He's our rival QB so I hate him football-speaking, but I don't have a problem with the guy as a human...He's just not special in that way. Not a knock, just the truth.

Sorry Colin but RW is better at life than you. Don't hate the player hate the game.

CHawk

Reaction score
He doesn't need it but Kap does make all of us appreciate it more that we have Russell

rjdriver

Reaction score
nepahawk":2qbbf727 said:
What I dislike about Kaep is during interviews he never gives credit to the opposing team.
He always says they didn't beat us we beat our selves. Give credit where credit is due.

I'd be just fine with them beating themselves a few more times this year.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
RolandDeschain":cgbgxjed said:
Smelly McUgly":cgbgxjed said:
Picking on Kaepernick's clothing is a garbage argument.
It's not something of supreme importance, but you can't possibly believe what you just said.

Show up to a job interview in old sneakers with mismatched socks, a ratty pair of sweatpants and a stained t-shirt and see what happens.

Clothing matters.

He's not showing up for a job interview. He has a job. It's mostly playing a kid's game, and for about fifteen minutes each week after that, it's about talking to the media about playing a kid's game.

He doesn't need to put on a suit for that.

Sprfunk":cgbgxjed said:
Smelly McUgly":cgbgxjed said:

I have no problem with his wardrobe, but there are situations that require a change in your attire. Would you wear that to a job interview or when addressing the public about a product. You dress according to the product your selling, so the question is what is he selling? Its just not a good look when addressing the nation. If someone showed up to my business for a job interveiw dressed like that I would send them out the door they walked in.
But what do I know?

Again, false equivalence. He's not showing up for a job interview in corporate America. He's talking to the media about a football game.

sc85sis

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":8ophroui said:

That's what I don't understand. I saw him in pre-draft interviews and he seemed like a bright, engaging kid. Now, not so much. Has the media just beaten him down? Is it Harbaugh? Something else?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":17jth8eq said:
RolandDeschain":17jth8eq said:
It's not something of supreme importance, but you can't possibly believe what you just said.

Show up to a job interview in old sneakers with mismatched socks, a ratty pair of sweatpants and a stained t-shirt and see what happens.

Clothing matters.

He's not showing up for a job interview. He has a job. It's mostly playing a kid's game, and for about fifteen minutes each week after that, it's about talking to the media about playing a kid's game.

Sprfunk":17jth8eq said:

I have no problem with his wardrobe, but there are situations that require a change in your attire. Would you wear that to a job interview or when addressing the public about a product. You dress according to the product your selling, so the question is what is he selling? Its just not a good look when addressing the nation. If someone showed up to my business for a job interveiw dressed like that I would send them out the door they walked in.
But what do I know?

Again, false equivalence. He's not showing up for a job interview in corporate America. He's talking to the media about a football game.

I agree and if you take a look at Pete's attire on Sundays, he is a far cry from the days of Lombardi and Landry. Not a legitimate gripe imo.

OrFan

Reaction score
I will not put him down for how he dresses, although Russ apologized on TNF for not wearing a suit, a difference in maturity and respect.

I will put him down for being a classless punk when he went running straight for the locker room after he got beat in Seattle. If you are supposed to be the leader of a billion dollar team, and you go running away to avoid others when you don't win, well then as far as I see it you are a spoiled, immature little punk.

chris98251

Reaction score
There is playing like a Pro and LIVING like a Pro, Kaep Plays like a school yard QB and Dresses like a Labor Ready pick up. As the face of your franchise and a message to your team mates and the media do you act like Russell Wilson or Allen Iverson. Iverson great player but took a long time to mature. Maybe Kaep is the same type player.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
OrFan":23gmg9lb said:
I will not put him down for how he dresses, although Russ apologized on TNF for not wearing a suit, a difference in maturity and respect.

I will put him down for being a classless punk when he went running straight for the locker room after he got beat in Seattle. If you are supposed to be the leader of a billion dollar team, and you go running away to avoid others when you don't win, well then as far as I see it you are a spoiled, immature little punk.

He also refused to shake Cam Newton's hand.

To me, that's just retarded and silly, as well as rude. The NFL is a big jobs factory. Any one of these guys might be the one who puts in a good word with a coach or GM when they are like "damn, we need to find another QB to back up our guy... who's out there" and they answer with "that Kap, from SF, he's a good cat, and is on the couch after refusing to take a pay cut, let's see what he's got going on". I'm totally serious. QB NFL is like a very special fraternity and you don't actually compete against each other on the field, though your teams are competing... it's just dumb to burn bridges by sulking after losses.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1s16jbmr said:
RolandDeschain":1s16jbmr said:

Clothing matters.

Sprfunk":1s16jbmr said:

But what do I know?

Your right, he is not in a job interview, he is simply addressing millions of people as a front for an organization. He is the spokesman of the niners, the face of the franchise, or whatever else you want to call it. Bottom line is that his hat shielding his eyes shows things in his personality no spokesman should ever show, its a sign of weakness, not strength. I am not saying he is weak, but the image he is projecting to the world is weak, scared, intimidated, or immature. Not a good look man.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
As someone said earlier, this Kaep is nothing like the fun, engaging Kaep at Nevada.

Laloosh

Reaction score
BocciHawk":2bue97ns said:
He also refused to shake Cam Newton's hand.

Oh, please... for the love of all things holy, someone GET ME THAT GIF!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
This thing with Kaepernick and the post game interviews isn't anything like he behaved in college or when he came out. It is like he pouts when he loses, as it was mentioned earlier he does not give credit to another team that outperforms the Niners. It is always something that they failed at, never because the other team played better.

Then in the wins, he sort of "big times" the media with short answers that aren't usable. While looking like a model for Gangsta Glamour magazine. I don't care how he dresses or how he acts, that will bite him later. The thing is, I saw no less than 2 pieces with that guy before the Niners drafted him and he just seemed like a good guy that was happy to be playing.

I don't know if it was Harbafreak that created this or not, but it seems like it. Willis, Bowman and Davis all respond well to interviews and seem to show professionalism the times I have seen them, even Whitner, but Kaeperstank has something else going on. He is still really young and I honestly believe that he will be every bit the talent he appears to be at times. Great athlete and can sling a football. I was going to say that maybe he just hasn't lost much in his short career so handling it might not be comfortable, but Wilson has only lost one more career game as CK has lost 6, including playoffs while Wilson has lost 7 while playing far more games. Wilson has NEVER swayed, he has been consistent since day one. Wilson has shown respect for every team he has played win or lose. CK? Running out the door in Seattle? Big timing others? Not cool when you really are the face of the franchise.

SF has been fortunate to have one of the best QBs to ever take a snap with another that sits right behind him in Young. Maybe CK needs to take a lesson in class from those two. Those guys experienced FAR more pressure and expectations than CK could imagine but never behaved like this guy. I guess the part that bugs me is that CK wasn't like this until Harbafreak came along. Not our problem for sure and not a problem that we ever have to be concerned with. Two totally different people.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3ckcerp9 said:
RolandDeschain":3ckcerp9 said:

Clothing matters.

Sprfunk":3ckcerp9 said:

But what do I know?

His choice in dress matches his maturity level. His actions (refusing to shake hands, refusing to credit opposing teams) matches his maturity level.

He doesnt need to wear a suit, but he is a mid 20's man dressing like he is 13.

Again, what we have here is an immature guy. Simple

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Hawkpower":j2tua298 said:
His choice in dress matches his maturity level. His actions (refusing to shake hands, refusing to credit opposing teams) matches his maturity level.

He doesnt need to wear a suit, but he is a mid 20's man dressing like he is 13.

Again, what we have here is an immature guy. Simple

No, he just doesn't dress like YOU want him to dress. He dresses like a lot of twenty-something black dudes, which he is one.

Sprfunk":j2tua298 said:
Your right, he is not in a job interview, he is simply addressing millions of people as a front for an organization. He is the spokesman of the niners, the face of the franchise, or whatever else you want to call it. Bottom line is that his hat shielding his eyes shows things in his personality no spokesman should ever show, its a sign of weakness, not strength. I am not saying he is weak, but the image he is projecting to the world is weak, scared, intimidated, or immature. Not a good look man.

Please, he's not a PR representative, he's a football player. Don't confuse the two. There are reasons to criticize him (his not shaking hands with Cam or Russell Wilson counts), but picking on his dress is just silly. We get it, you don't like that style of dress/urban wear. Move on.

Latest posts