Winston Guy .... What's your problem bro?

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Basis4day":3dfl5tbv said:
Jville":3dfl5tbv said:
I paid attention to Winston Guy because of high expectations for him.

If you want to do the work to find it, it's there in the preseason ... followed by an ugly opening regular season game in Arizona ..... and another attempt at playing him in Detroit.

I hope teammates have his attention now and the light has come on. He has far too much talent to waste.

He's a sixth rounder in his second year. Having too high expectations is a mistake, as is judging his future ability after two games.

As a fan, why be boxed in with expectations rules. Where is the fun in that? Besides ..... that (other) 6th round pick out of Northwestern State (La) showed up and met expectations from day one. He's building on his play with each opportunity ...... looking stronger and stronger.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Jville":pa7b9hw5 said:
Basis4day":pa7b9hw5 said:
Jville":pa7b9hw5 said:
I paid attention to Winston Guy because of high expectations for him.

If you want to do the work to find it, it's there in the preseason ... followed by an ugly opening regular season game in Arizona ..... and another attempt at playing him in Detroit.

I hope teammates have his attention now and the light has come on. He has far too much talent to waste.

He's a sixth rounder in his second year. Having too high expectations is a mistake, as is judging his future ability after two games.

As a fan, why be boxed in with expectations rules. Where is the fun in that? Besides ..... that 6th round pick out of Northwestern State (La) showed up and met expectations from day one. He's building on his play with each opportunity ...... looking stronger and stronger.

So you don't get disappointed with unrealistic expectations? I guess i don't see the fun or point in being frustrated with a 6th Rounder who plays like one. I'd rather get excited when a player does break the mold, but i don't expect everyone to.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
I'm not afraid of disappointment.

Disappointments are instructive and a part of life. Learning is fun.

Also, the draft and draft positions are just a snap shot in time .... a ranking tied to a fixed point in time.