Wisniewski visiting Seattle

netskier

Reaction score
Can Keaton Milton block and catch well? We need another tight end that can do both.

kobebryant

Reaction score
netskier":296ggbv5 said:
Can Keaton Milton block and catch well? We need another tight end that can do both.

Tough to find, my man.

The excellent athletes that are threats in the passing game often don't block well; and the solid blockers are often marginal threats in the passing game. Often the best you can do is play guys to their strengths.

Guys like Gronkowski, Witten and Davis are rare dudes.

drewjov11

Reaction score
Draft Ali Marpet or live to regret it. Elite athleticism for an interior lineman. Power and tenacity. He anchors well in pass protection . He has a lot of confidence and has that attitude that you need to play on the line. Take this kid and put him at guard and Lewis can play center for the time being. If we do sign wiz, Lewis is the primary backup.

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
drewjov11":1cy280s3 said:
Draft Ali Marpet or love to regret it. Elite athleticism for an interior lineman. Power and tenacity. He anchors well in pass protection . He has a lot of confidence and has that attitude that you need to play on the line. Take this kid and put him at guard and Lewis can play center for the time being. If we do sign wiz, Lewis is the primary backup.

I would agree that if we sign Wis then Patrick Lewis becomes the #2.

I would be alright with us drafting both a guard and tackle on the line, and just signing a vet at center.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":322qdgky said:
It's not Schnied's style to go into the draft with needs--he wants to take bpa at all times, regardless of what the team needs. I'd be surprised if we don't get at least one fa o-line guy.

I dont agree with this. Many times there have been perceived reaches because he's wanted a certain guy. Justin Britt for example.

Chapow

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1uogb7db said:
I'd sign Wis at the long term expense of Okung. Okung is older, more expensive, injury prone and he's turned into a false start machine.

Okung played a total of 933 snaps last season.

He had 6 false start penalties.

I think his "false start machine" rep is maybe just a tad overblown, don't you?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
That sounds like a fool-proof idea....

Let the left tackle walk and spend the money on a center the Raiders let walk so they can give his replacement $8m a year.

What could go wrong....?

Sac

Reaction score
Chapow":oq5ra3ok said:
SacHawk2.0":oq5ra3ok said:
I'd sign Wis at the long term expense of Okung. Okung is older, more expensive, injury prone and he's turned into a false start machine.

Okung played a total of 933 snaps last season.

He had 6 false start penalties.

I think his "false start machine" rep is maybe just a tad overblown, don't you?
I don't really think much about anything.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
sc85sis":1uo7plo9 said:
I think Bennett had way more snap infraction penalties than Okung, but I may be wrong.
You're not wrong at all. Bennett clearly was on a quota system of 2 offsides/neutral zone penalties per game last season.....one time achieving it by lining up in the NZ vs. the Cardinals on consecutive plays!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":1co8tg9e said:
sc85sis":1co8tg9e said:
I think Bennett had way more snap infraction penalties than Okung, but I may be wrong.
You're not wrong at all. Bennett clearly was on a quota system of 2 offsides/neutral zone penalties per game last season.....one time achieving it by lining up in the NZ vs. the Cardinals on consecutive plays!

The NZ violations are clear cut. The off sides, not so much. Bennett is the quickest off the snap league-wide at his position. 'If he's there that quickly he had to have been off sides' is probably the mentality taken with many of those calls. Similar to 'all the elements of a hold' but no official had the right angle to actually see it.

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
Wonder if this is any closer to a resolution? Wis is probably the best free agent OL out there.

I saw on rotoworld that Seattle also has interest in Patriots C Connelly.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
imo...would have happened already if he really wanted to play here...probably looking for a higher bidder..

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
Cyrus12":18n7bohf said:
imo...would have happened already if he really wanted to play here...probably looking for a higher bidder..

I think there's a good chance he ends up in Chicago. They were rumored to be interested and could definitely use an upgrade on Garza.

mikeak

Reaction score
Hawksfanatik":1ybe40ve said:
Cyrus12":1ybe40ve said:

I think there's a good chance he ends up in Chicago. They were rumored to be interested and could definitely use an upgrade on Garza.

Don't disagree but I also would not be surprised if Seattle makes a push now that Unger is formally traded