Wisniewski visiting Seattle

McGruff

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1nbkig1g said:
McGruff":1nbkig1g said:
Seattle subs their center fairly often.
Really? Seattle subbed for Unger in short yardage?

No, but they would sub between Lewis and LJP depending on matchups and game situation.

Clayfighter

Reaction score
I have been told by one of my Raider fan buddies that part of Oakland not wanting to resign him might be that he was drafted by Al...

marko358

Reaction score
Clayfighter":1ypzdaqq said:
I have been told by one of my Raider fan buddies that part of Oakland not wanting to resign him might be that he was drafted by Al...

That's a dumb reason not to resign someone. Mark is spiting his father?

Clayfighter

Reaction score
marko358":3av5nfge said:
Clayfighter":3av5nfge said:

That's a dumb reason not to resign someone. Mark is spiting his father?
It seems like that stuff is fairly common. Old regime guys replaced by new guys that the current FO likes. I don't know how much Mark was into his dad's way of doing things. That organization looks like it is run by the 3 stooges anyway.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I should point out that my comment on looking at Satele has nothing to do with him being a particularly stellar center. I just think the difference between him and Wisniewski is pretty small compared to the likely cost difference. I just don't think Wisniewski is worth the money he is likely to be demanding unless we can get him on some sort of a prove it/ escalating deal.

There isn't a hell of a lot out there for above average zone blocking centers right now, and there are several tackle prospects available in the draft that would be better suited at LG so if we can get a reasonably good deal on a Wisniewski/ Satele it would be worthwhile.

- bsd

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Clayfighter":1v94xa33 said:

Wiz turned down their contract offers. So I think it was more the other way around.

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
bigskydoc":qxgedggq said:
I should point out that my comment on looking at Satele has nothing to do with him being a particularly stellar center. I just think the difference between him and Wisniewski is pretty small compared to the likely cost difference. I just don't think Wisniewski is worth the money he is likely to be demanding unless we can get him on some sort of a prove it/ escalating deal.

There isn't a hell of a lot out there for above average zone blocking centers right now, and there are several tackle prospects available in the draft that would be better suited at LG so if we can get a reasonably good deal on a Wisniewski/ Satele it would be worthwhile.

- bsd

One big difference between the 2 is Wisniewski has also played Guard and this FO has shown they value versatility across the OL.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
McGruff":1h26ymb6 said:
Reasons why Wiz won't be back in Oakland . . .

1. Raiders are dumb

2. Wiz is smart

3. Raiders are bad

4. Wiz is good

5. Raiders are losers

6. Wiz is win

And nobody beats the Wiz

Hqdefault

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
What I like about Wiz is that right now he's a slightly above league average center.

But he's only 25, he'll naturally continue to get better as he's not even in his prime yet (for centers that's like age 27-31) on top of Cable's coaching developments.

So the Seahawks could get a starting center right now who potentially could be elite. Plus, he has ample experience against guys like Knighton and Poe.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2egyx6fz said:
McGruff":2egyx6fz said:
Reasons why Wiz won't be back in Oakland . . .

1. Raiders are dumb

2. Wiz is smart

3. Raiders are bad

4. Wiz is good

5. Raiders are losers

6. Wiz is win

And nobody beats the Wiz

Hqdefault

I'll miss himym .

HawkFan72

Reaction score
When is Wiseniewski visiting Seattle? Because JS is at the Oregon Pro Day today. So if you're refreshing a lot expecting to see news of a deal, you're probably wasting your time.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RobRang/status/576082914531680256[/tweet]

oasis

Reaction score
HawkFan72":12xsyree said:
When is Wiseniewski visiting Seattle? Because JS is at the Oregon Pro Day today. So if you're refreshing a lot expecting to see news of a deal, you're probably wasting your time.

Are we assuming that the visit didn't already happen? So many questions!!!

naholmes

Reaction score
Would they even sign Wisniewski to a deal before Unger passes his physical with the Saints?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2e8rsd07 said:

I'm sure JS could fly back up here very quickly and meet with Wis this evening. He's got staffers who will probably start the process without him. I doubt it will be a big hindrance.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1p9ypn8s said:
HawkFan72":1p9ypn8s said:

I'm sure JS could fly back up here very quickly and meet with Wis this evening. He's got staffers who will probably start the process without him. I doubt it will be a big hindrance.

I'm sure the player is more interested in talking with Pete anyway.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think he's a pretty good center, but more importantly, he will be available for games. IIRC he's only missed 3 since joining the NFL.

My biggest problem with Unger was his injury issues. Secondly he whiffed on a lot of blocks. I swear he's had unreported concussions in the past. Watching Superbowl 48 he flat whiffed on "Pot Roast" a couple of times and would throw his arms up in the air and look at the ground. Not sure if DTs are fooling him with which direction they are going or if Unger just blows it sometimes.

And by Max's own admission, he would get blown up by Mebane in practice almost everytime.

I like Unger, and I appreciate his time here, but we have been needing an upgrade for some time, and even and average Center is an upgrade if he can stay on the field. Continuity means a lot to Olines.

Edit: Link to discussion about Wiz in NFL Forum: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=109387

cacksman

Reaction score
I really hope this can work out.

Not only is Wiz young, he's extremely durable, and significantly more athletic than Unger. Sure he may not be on par with Max when both are healthy, but factoring in everything, I'd rather have Wiz.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Some links, plus the one that McGruff provided earlier :D

Credit McGruff: "Why the Raiders must spend but can't get anybody to take their money" :p

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jas ... heir-money

Stefen's Combine numbers:

http://www.nfl.com/player/stefenwisniew ... 50/combine

Scouting profile by Matt Maguire

Summary: Wisniewski seems to get the most out of his abilities and he looks like a quality starting center (more so than a guard) in the right scheme. He doesn't have a lot of size or bulk, so he will best fit in schemes that emphasize intelligence, instincts, quickness and technique such as Indianapolis, New England, Houston, and Green Bay.

Wisniewski's father, Leo, played three seasons for the Colts and his uncle, Steve, was an eight-time Pro Bowler in Oakland. Wisniewski enters the season with a second-round grade on my board and he will probably come off the board in the top 75 picks. He needs to improve his physique strength-wise if he wants to become a first-rounder

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingrepor ... iewski.php

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Im sure its been mentioned somewhere but I believe this guy is playing LG for us if he wants a deal.