With Rams rumored interest in Carroll...

hawkfan68

Reaction score
RAMbot":yog52bve said:
Siouxhawk":yog52bve said:
RAMbot":yog52bve said:
ARhawk":yog52bve said:
What would the Rams have to give us for you to be okay with the trade? Obviously this is purely hypothetical, and I dont want Pete to go by any means. Im just curious what you think it would take for the Rams to get him. Also, who would you want to replace Carroll?

If the Rams still had their first round pick, I would say 3 first round picks and a second or two would be pretty hard to turn down. Or if we got a player like Donald or Gurley paired with a couple picks. Blockbuster trades involving a coach so rarely happen, that I have no idea what we could even get for Carroll. All I know is it would take a lot of good picks or players for me to be ok with seeing Pete chomping his gum on the opposite sideline twice a year.

If Carroll was traded, I think it would be interesting if we gave Nick Saban his second shot at the NFL. We gave Pete his second chance, maybe hiring another college coaching legend with an underwhelming NFL past is the way to go.
I have no idea how this bird brained idea that the Rams even want Cheat Carrol but there is no interest what so ever. Nothing like beating the Seagulls and watching Cheat chew his jaw till it falls off and whine to the zebras. Maybe with having the most lucrative job opening we will lure someone who doesn't just beat the NFCW but the rest of the NFL as well.
Shouldn't you be renewing your PSL.
Oh that's right, when the Chargers come to town, you'll once again be relegated to the second-fiddle franchise in town and there will be plenty of tickets to be had.

Is this really meant to be an insult? If we are talking about stadiums your POS one is quickly getting outdated, looks shitty, already crumbling, and you post 2009 band wagoneers act like you came up with the 12th man after ripping off Texas A&M. Sometimes I think some Seagull fans do have a bird brain.
4ff3c2c4db5d5

chris98251

Reaction score
Not anymore, Main forum, trolling, newb, you have to earn your right to flip shit here as a opposing fan with a bit of intelligent contribution as well.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
ARhawk":3vlh9ioy said:
PlinytheCenter":3vlh9ioy said:
Largent80":3vlh9ioy said:
NOTHING. And I would add to even entertain the thought is NAUSEATING.

THIS. Ridiculous to even contemplate. I've been with this team for 40 years and we are in the golden age of Seahawk football; off performances not withstanding. I'll take this group any time.
I'm not sure either of you read what I wrote. I think you just want to be offended by something.

I'll be more clear. NOBODY WANTS PETE CARROLL TO BE TRADED TO THE RAMS.
All I asked is IF it happened, is there any compensation that would ease the pain.

No worries. There's some thin skins around here.

Pete to Rams seems highly unlikely, but given the Rams-generated rumors right before the game (interesting timing!) I think you made an interesting "what if."

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2yp7o5h8 said:
Seymour":2yp7o5h8 said:
I'll take the 2 Gee's.

Gurley and Gruden (John) for Pete and Bevell.

If they can swing that, then have at it.

I'm no NFL Owner, but I'm pretty sure they can't trade a coach they don't employ.

Sign and trade baby, sign and trade.

This isn't even much of a hypothetical. Carroll isn't going anywhere, and the Rams have been rumored to want Jim Harbaugh more than anyone, and he's more likely to move to the Rams than Pete is, especially with Snead as GM. Which is to say neither one of them are going.

RiverDog

Reaction score
If Pete isn't the head coach of the Seahawks next year, the reason will be because he retired.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Are there not like 5000 other things to discuss than a meaningless rumor of Caroll to Rams this week?

Largent80

Reaction score
ARhawk":1fyirntr said:
PlinytheCenter":1fyirntr said:
Largent80":1fyirntr said:
NOTHING. And I would add to even entertain the thought is NAUSEATING.

THIS. Ridiculous to even contemplate. I've been with this team for 40 years and we are in the golden age of Seahawk football; off performances not withstanding. I'll take this group any time.
I'm not sure either of you read what I wrote. I think you just want to be offended by something.

I'll be more clear. NOBODY WANTS PETE CARROLL TO BE TRADED TO THE RAMS.
All I asked is IF it happened, is there any compensation that would ease the pain.

We get it and its....NO......PERIOD. There is no compensation for losing the best coach the Seahawks have ever had.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":lgphhpbp said:
Steve2222":lgphhpbp said:
LeftHandSmoke":lgphhpbp said:
The reason we make it impossible for the Rams to get their first choice of coaching staffs, is quite obviously the same reason that this coaching staff is their first choice.

PC was asked today by LA media what the chances are that he'd take the job. His response? "ZERO" :D

Not that I think Pete is leaving but do you really put any stock in what a coach says to the media?
Pete would flat out retire before he would ever take that job. Pete has built our franchise into his dream job and can stay as long as he wants in my book.

The only thing I think keeping Pete from taking the LA job is his age. If he was 10 years younger I think it would be a challenge he'd love to take. And there's no such thing as Stepping stone promotions in the NFL. This isn't like college where you want to go to the Alabamas or Notre Dames.

kpak76

Reaction score
King Dog":33mft1d5 said:
No thanks. Even when things are bad, they're pretty good under Carroll. Remember some of the clowns we've had at head coach?

How many of those other coaches had Russell Wilson though?

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Pete to the Rams? please just stop with the stupid rumors. There is a much better chance Gruden takes the job since he spent the entire last week with the owner of the Rams and we know how often the Gruden rumors come true.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
The Rams can want him all they want. I bet at least 20 other teams would as well. Its nice to be wanted. But non of that matters. Pete is here until he is done. He is more valuable to us than Russ (although an argument could be made the other way).

As far as what it would take in trade. I don't think anyone would be willing to give what it would take. Do you think Pete would take over a team that just hamstrung itself with pick to get him???

CANHawk

Reaction score
Richest owner in sports and no cap on coaches. PA will just pay him to stay. 40 mil a season is nothing. Paul spends that on his golden toilet paper.

sent from the charred remains of a note 7 using tapatalk

Largent80

Reaction score
CANHawk":2fw1vtks said:
Paul spends that on his golden toilet paper.

He even has a warmer for the gold T.P.

I wonder if he recycles it. Thieves would be waiting by his driveway.... :lol:

sc85sis

Reaction score
Steve2222":ww6wy2w8 said:
LeftHandSmoke":ww6wy2w8 said:
The reason we make it impossible for the Rams to get their first choice of coaching staffs, is quite obviously the same reason that this coaching staff is their first choice.

PC was asked today by LA media what the chances are that he'd take the job. His response? "ZERO" :D

Not that I think Pete is leaving but do you really put any stock in what a coach says to the media?
In this case, yes. Pete had no intention of leaving USC unless he got everything he ever wanted in an NFL job. He didn't think he'd ever get that, until Seattle came calling.

Now that he has everything he wanted, there's no reason to leave until he retires.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Some sites are yakking about who Brett Favre thinks the Rams next top HC choice should be: Darrell Bevell!

That should make Brett a hero out of many here :)

McGruff

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":2hj2bi8l said:
Some sites are yakking about who Brett Favre thinks the Rams next top HC choice should be: Darrell Bevell!

Bevell has had his name floated in virtually every article about candidates. There are two valid reasons for that, and one invalid reason.

1. They want an OC of a successfull offense. Despite his critics, Bevell has a long term proven track record of top 10 offensive production.

2. They want someone with a history of getting the most out of young QBS. Bevell success with Wilson and getting something resemin QB play out of Ponder says something about his acumen there.

3. They want someone LIKE Pete carroll. The assumption is that since Bevell has been here, he must be like Carroll. But Bevell is nothing like Carroll. Pete is passionate and enthusiastic to a fault. Bevell is calculating and cerebral and, well, boring.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
McGruff":1b878mba said:
LeftHandSmoke":1b878mba said:

Bevell has had his name floated in virtually every article about candidates. There are two valid reasons for that, and one invalid reason.

1. They want an OC of a successfull offense. Despite his critics, Bevell has a long term proven track record of top 10 offensive production.

2. They want someone with a history of getting the most out of young QBS. Bevell success with Wilson and getting something resemin QB play out of Ponder says something about his acumen there.

3. They want someone LIKE Pete carroll. The assumption is that since Bevell has been here, he must be like Carroll. But Bevell is nothing like Carroll. Pete is passionate and enthusiastic to a fault. Bevell is calculating and cerebral and, well, boring.
Agree, a HC in LA needs to be a bigger-glamor personality than what DB naturally is. That job description will include a very large measure of Selling It to the media and the SoCal audience, even more so than what PC does for this franchise - which is already a lot.