With the loss of Jordyn Brooks, here is his possible mid-round replacement.

Chevy

Reaction score
Brooks loss for a year will make ILB a higher priority, although not necesarily a pick before the 4th round.

Here is a player that you may want to take a look at for the Seahawks. Duke ILB Shaka Heyward 6'3" 240 lbs. Heyward has long arms, good size, looks like a fluid athlete, and was productive in college. He is an older prospect that played at a small school, so I think he will not be drafted in the first three rounds.

Here is his highlight (he is in jersey #42)...

Spohawks

Reaction score
Dude looks smooth. Mid to late round would be a great pick up!

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
I would just say, what does your eye tell you when you watch prospects? The Iowa ILB Jack Campbell is being projected as a 2nd round pick. If anyone actually watches the games, they will see Campbell is stiff, slow, and unathletic. He was a very good college player, but I don't think he has the skillset to be a good NFL player. Whereas Heyward played at a small school many don't project him to be a legit prospect because of his school and/or age.

IMO Campell is sooo overrated! He is stiff, slow, at best he is a decent backup. Whereas Heyward I think could be a Pro Bowl player. Trust your eyes in evaluation and take other draftnicks opinions in consideration.

sutz

Reaction score
Assuming his 22 tape is not available yet. Will be interesting to see how he develops year to year.

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
Assuming his 22 tape is not available yet. Will be interesting to see how he develops year to year.
22 tape definitely helps scouting. But watching regular games is not fools gold. For me Campbell is not a player to draft in the first 4 rounds off his game tape.

sutz

Reaction score
22 tape definitely helps scouting. But watching regular games is not fools gold. For me Campbell is not a player to draft in the first 4 rounds off his game tape.
I was talking about Heyward. ;)

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
I was talking about Heyward. ;)
Got it! I'm guessing he should be a fun scouting prospect.

If you scout him on 22, then post your take on him here. It's nice having a forum to target/weed out prospects for the Seahawks.

sutz

Reaction score
Got it! I'm guessing he should be a fun scouting prospect.

If you scout him on 22, then post your take on him here. It's nice having a forum to target/weed out prospects for the Seahawks.
I actually don't do that. I rely on our fellow posters to provide scouting.

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
I would just say, what does your eye tell you when you watch prospects? The Iowa ILB Jack Campbell is being projected as a 2nd round pick. If anyone actually watches the games, they will see Campbell is stiff, slow, and unathletic. He was a very good college player, but I don't think he has the skillset to be a good NFL player. Whereas Heyward played at a small school many don't project him to be a legit prospect because of his school and/or age.

IMO Campell is sooo overrated! He is stiff, slow, at best he is a decent backup. Whereas Heyward I think could be a Pro Bowl player. Trust your eyes in evaluation and take other draftnicks opinions in consideration.
I agree.. I wanted to like Campbell but after watching film I was really disappointed. He is slow, making tackles 6-8 yards after the los. He can not shed blocks either. I would not draft him.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Brooks loss for a year will make ILB a higher priority, although not necesarily a pick before the 4th round.

Here is a player that you may want to take a look at for the Seahawks. Duke ILB Shaka Heyward 6'3" 240 lbs. Heyward has long arms, good size, looks like a fluid athlete, and was productive in college. He is an older prospect that played at a small school, so I think he will not be drafted in the first three rounds.

Here is his highlight (he is in jersey #42)...

SI doesn’t think much of him the most positive thing they said he is that he related to Cameron Heyward of the Steelers and that he would be an UDFA that would be lucky to make a practice squad

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
SI doesn’t think much of him the most positive thing they said he is that he related to Cameron Heyward of the Steelers and that he would be an UDFA that would be lucky to make a practice squad

That's weird that you want to base your argument on what someone else thinks. Maybe we can revisit this player after the combine. Better combine...Shaka Heyward (UDFA in your mind) or supposed 2nd round prospect Jack Campbell.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
That's weird that you want to base your argument on what someone else thinks. Maybe we can revisit this player after the combine. Better combine...Shaka Heyward (UDFA in your mind) or supposed 2nd round prospect Jack Campbell.
I am not arguing I saw a few other write ups and they were a bit better just thinking “SI really hates this guy” usually when they make comments they will try to come up with something positive not a fan of Jack Campbell either as has been stated he has been slower reacting. So far as a mid rd LB I like Owen Pappoe from Auburn he is a tad small would like to see him gain 10 lbs and he is a high scoring SPARQ athlete that PC/JS are drawn to