Witherspoon

chrispy

Reaction score
Spoon said he liked nickel better than outside, but will play wherever.... If he plays up near the ball, he could end up being the kind of player JAdams was hoped to be. JAdams will be back in 2 weeks from concussion. It'll be cool to see them both on the field together. ...lots of options on D when everyone's back.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
My son was excited about the pick back in April. He wanted Jalen but got pumped up when Seattle picked Spoon.

Been talking all summer along about how great Spoon will be. So far, my son has been right. He knows his ball. Plays HS football too.

CanHawksFan

Reaction score
Can't say enough good things about him. Dude is a Playmaker with a capital "P". Just what the defence needed.

But Aikman was right on the broadcast, Carroll has a tough decision to make about where to play him. Having two shut-down corners in him and Riq would be amazing and make life really hard on opposing QBs, but he also affects so many different kind of plays out of the slot. Hard to say where it's best to put him.

NoGain

Reaction score
The guy's got mad instincts. I can't say it enough. I knew nothing about the guy until the draft. I heard he was on our radar screen at #5. I was like...really? Then I started watching his college tape. Holy Shyt! You couldn't watch it without going...HOLY SHYT!

the ditch

Reaction score
I'm impressed with his play today he had a lot of scrutiny on him and I guess rightfully so as a number one pick (edit" first round pick sorry) but let's hope he keeps it up

NoGain

Reaction score
I'm impressed with his play today he had a lot of scrutiny on him and I guess rightfully so as a number one pick but let's hope he keeps it up
It's all about injuries with him. The guy LOVES to play football at the highest level. I have no doubts, that injuries aside, he will keep it up.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
If we weren't beat up all over we might never have known how good he could be in the slot
what if we spelled him and and jamal in the slot and played him on the corner on 3rd downs with jamal in the slot , could we really have something without playing either too much
We really needed the 5 bye which I've pretty much hated until now
Finally hurt has something to consider and really tinker with

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
He's playing like a guy that was worthy of the 5th overall pick. He looks like a monster out there.
Didn't people poo poo about it when we took this guy? I seem to recall him not leading many draft boards.

What an electric player. Plays a lot bigger than his size would suggest, but his listed weight is 185 and he looks closer to 215 on the field. Absolute enforcer.

Latest posts