Worst Officiating Call of the Season?

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":21b57x45 said:
253hawk":21b57x45 said:
....Oh, and the DPI on Earl against TB when he didn't even touch the guy; helped set up the Bucs' first TD (it wouldn't have been an INT though as his second foot comes down on the line.) Plus all of the super-late hits on Wilson that game, one of which that effed up his left shoulder for the rest of the year.
Mike Carey says you're wrong.
I don't.

The spot on Russ' scramble in XLVIII was shit too. I'll mention it since no one else has yet.

I agree about Wilsons scramble...after watching the game again and highlights I still dont know how that wasnt a first down

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Scottemojo":11u2t25r said:
The worst call of the year in the entire NFL was the field goal penalty that sent the Chargers to the playoffs.

I would put in the good word for Jeff Triplette fabricating a TD out of thin air for the Bengals against Indy when it was clearly not a TD and when it wasn't called a TD initially either.

That said, I'm not going to feel bad for the Colts on any bad calls they get hit with for a very long time after the game we had against them. Of our three losses, that one easily still pisses me off the most.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2n7jvpoo said:
Of our three losses, that one easily still pisses me off the most.
I think that loss pisses me off more than any since Super Bowl XL. That loss didn't end up being anything that matters, but in terms of strictly evaluating a game that was lost regardless of its impact otherwise...Yeah, I'd have to go back to Super Bowl XL to get angrier.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":xilx4ede said:
MidwestHawker":xilx4ede said:
Of our three losses, that one easily still pisses me off the most.
I think that loss pisses me off more than any since Super Bowl XL. That loss didn't end up being anything that matters, but in terms of strictly evaluating a game that was lost regardless of its impact otherwise...Yeah, I'd have to go back to Super Bowl XL to get angrier.

I was at the game live. I was absolutely furious at halftime, and we were still ahead at that point. I could see what was coming. To have to walk out taking the abuse of the mouthbreathers is something that I accept as being a part of road games if you lose, but it was infuriating on that occasion because the Colts really did not deserve that one and their fans did not deserve a license to talk crap that day.

A few days later I go into my favorite watering hole here in Indy, and a bartender who knows me says, "Yeah, must have been a frustrating loss. ... Don't worry, you guys still have a good team."

CaH1hNW

253hawk

Reaction score
Screw the Colts, their troglodyte neckbeard quarterback and their stupid stadi...barn.

obstructed%20view.jpg

All that gray wall paneling? It's for noise-reduction.

colts_sta_pick_5_big.jpg

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Haha yeah it was pretty bad. Made far worse by living here. I got back to my car, and just gritted my teeth and bit the bullet and texted congratulations to all of my Colts friends without making any excuses. To their credit, over half of them responded by bringing up their officiating breaks themselves.

Ah well; we did get some measure of revenge by the end, because Indiana is still hopelessly devoted to Peyton, and you can bet that the second-saddest state after Colorado on the night of February 2 was Indiana.

lukerguy

Reaction score
The ET roughing the QB call that took back a INT in the endzone vs. Miami still bothers me....yes it was two years ago, but still gets me.

rideaducati

Reaction score
253hawk":2xkt8539 said:
Screw the Colts, their troglodyte neckbeard quarterback and their stupid stadi...barn.

obstructed%20view.jpg

colts_sta_pick_5_big.jpg

I can't believe they sell seats behind those pillars.

rideaducati

Reaction score
253hawk":1094qvdm said:

obstructed%20view.jpg

colts_sta_pick_5_big.jpg

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
rideaducati":1t0jasbl said:
253hawk":1t0jasbl said:

obstructed%20view.jpg

colts_sta_pick_5_big.jpg

Seahawk Fan Seats??????

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
lukerguy":27j3wm6a said:
The ET roughing the QB call that took back a INT in the endzone vs. Miami still bothers me....yes it was two years ago, but still gets me.

If we're talking about past years, the phantom flag for holding on what would have been a Leon Washington PR TD against the Browns still rankles me, and that was three years ago.

Stinking Mike Carey.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2jbtucva said:
lukerguy":2jbtucva said:

If we're talking about past years, the phantom flag for holding on what would have been a Leon Washington PR TD against the Browns still rankles me, and that was three years ago.

Stinking Mike Carey.
One of the worst calls I've ever seen and I've been watching football since the fall of 1964.

sc85sis

Reaction score
253hawk":rocrl3y2 said:

obstructed%20view.jpg

colts_sta_pick_5_big.jpg
Are those photos real? What kind of idiot puts seats behind pillars?

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1ldvwsp4 said:
The worst call of the year in the entire NFL was the field goal penalty that sent the Chargers to the playoffs.

To me, the worst calls are the ones that aren't just bad calls, but are spotted by coaches and can't be challenged.

Andy Reid actually spotted this formation infraction and told the refs right after the play. No flag. So he used a time out. Wasn't allowed to challenge, and the refs refused to look at the jumbotron. Bill Leavy crew, naturally.

The Bowman play was so bad not only because of the magnitude of the blown call, but because it was not even challengeable for reasons that didn't make sense. They even said on the broadcast that had the play been a TD it would have been reviewable, but since it wasn't Harbaugh couldn't do a thing. I'm actually really glad we botched the next play in retrospect, otherwise 49ers fans would blame the loss on that call.

The NFL needs to streamline their review process. Just about everything, save for perhaps a few judgement call type plays, needs to be reviewable.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
kearly":3cmgh6ul said:
The NFL needs to streamline their review process. Just about everything, save for perhaps a few judgement call type plays, needs to be reviewable.

Aren't they in the midst of doing just that with the big centralized review thing being worked on?

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
The Indy game was the best display of terrible officiating that I can remember watching. The phantom PIs on overthrown balls and zero contact, OPI on Tate, etc.

The worst was the 12 men in the huddle penalty when there was clearly only 11. The broadcast even showed a still and counted 11.

tooshort

Reaction score
rideaducati":3tmbpz38 said:
253hawk":3tmbpz38 said:

obstructed%20view.jpg

colts_sta_pick_5_big.jpg

True story, the Clink sells family section front row 300 level tix as "view obstructed" because the railing could block some (little) persons view...Those Colts Seats should be donated to a vision impaired charity..wow that view is BS!!

And on topic.. Tate's OPI was the worst call of the season away (only time i screamed at the TV) and the Baldwin "super bicep bounce" vs AZ was the worst call at home (only time field security looked into the 4th row to try and figure out where the stream of expletives was coming from :shock: )

Latest posts