Would A Win Really Be That Big Of A Surprise?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This team historically tends to win these games. Nationally televised, backs against the wall...Everybody and their Grandma predicts the 9ers will roll over us.

These are precisely the games the Seahawks win. While I am sticking with my prediction, I for one will not be shocked in the least if they not only win tonight but win convincingly.

Make it so Hawks!

sutz

Reaction score
The only surprise coming out of this game is whether we can slow down the running game. If we come up as more than a speed bump, it'll be national news. ;)

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
The team that was on the field during our win streak could go toe-to-toe with every team in the league. I know now that we have looked lost in the wilderness the last month or so everybody just wants to say it was only due to the competition, but that's not legitimate.

If that team comes out to play tonight? Yeah, we absolutely can beat the Niners.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I predict the most embarrassing loss of the year.

Which means we'll probably win 24-21.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
It’s a very Seahawky thing to win these games. Especially this year. Lose to the teams we all count as a win going in and then beat the top teams.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
We can’t stop the run game of a team with career back up rb’s.

Imagine what a Kyle Shannahan offense featuring CMC is gonna do to us.

Im gonna need to repent for my sins for all the awful things I’m gonna yell tonight.
He’s already taken out Fields, Jimmy, and Deebo. CMC injury is when not if.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
This is honestly the most likely game for us to win of the final 4 because of all the extra curriculars and histories and JFCisms about this team.

Hawk4lyfe

Reaction score
It's the NFL, so any given Sunday (or thursday) and all that. But yeah, I'd be shocked if we won. I'll be surprised if it's within a score in the 4th...

hinton

Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me at all if we won. Carroll's Seahawks usually stand tall in primetime games, especially against divisional opponents.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if this game played out similar to the first matchup either.

I feel slightly better about this game than I did against the Panthers, I just had a hunch we'd be flat as a fart last Sunday and it'd cost us.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Thursday night home games are heavily slanted to the home team. The 12-1 Eagles had a hard time putting away the 1-win Texans on the road on Thursday Night. Home teams are 69-47 all-time on TNF.

There is a very good chance the Hawks can win this game.

hoxrox

Reaction score
With no run game and no run D, Geno will have to play the game of his life to pick up a W here.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I’d be surprised if we didn’t get our fudge packed. It’s a bad matchup and Purdy is much better than Stinky G at passing

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
This team historically tends to win these games. Nationally televised, backs against the wall...Everybody and their Grandma predicts the 9ers will roll over us.

These are precisely the games the Seahawks win. While I am sticking with my prediction, I for one will not be shocked in the least if they not only win tonight but win convincingly.

Make it so Hawks!
Seahawks are 10 -2 vs the niners under Carroll at home. Seahawks are 7-1 when wearing action green uniforms and the Seahawks are 14-2 in prime time games so i think you are right about these are the type of games the Seahawks win.

That being said conventional wisdom looks at this match up and it looks completly lopsided in the niners favor. Vegas has the 9ers favored by 3.5.

But in my mind i think purdy has played what 2 or 3 games and still has a lot to prove especially in a hostile enviroment. Doesnt mean he wont prove it just means that he has to win games like this. Thats hard to do. Not sure he should be celebrated like he is.

I think the Hawks are going to make a scheme change on D going back to what they do best, at least thats what i would do. they can NOT continue to give up the amount of yards on the ground that they are. I think Pete is going to grab the rains and they are going to turn things around. Starting with SF

Just my take

SEAHAWKSTER

Reaction score
All I know is if we win one game and the giants , commanders, and lions win and lose what they are suppose to with no upsets we get 7th seed we win 2 games same outcome for other teams we get 6th seed …. I think we can win one at least …. Hoping for two to seal it 100% but either way is way better than pretty much anyone thought we end up this year …

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
The team that was on the field during our win streak could go toe-to-toe with every team in the league. I know now that we have looked lost in the wilderness the last month or so everybody just wants to say it was only due to the competition, but that's not legitimate.

If that team comes out to play tonight? Yeah, we absolutely can beat the Niners.
THIS.

October hawks show up? We win.

November hawks show up? Flush twice 'cause the season is over......

Donn2390

Reaction score
He may not be at 100%, but San Francisco 49ers quarterback Brock Purdy is expected to play tonight.

In a tweet from ESPN's Adam Schefter, the reporter said Purdy is expected to receive the Thursday Night Football start against the Seattle Seahawks. Purdy will take the field despite oblique and rib injuries.

Purdy suffered the injuries this past Sunday against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, when he extended for a first down attempt. He'd remain as the team's QB for all but one possession when Josh Johnson took over, as the game had become a blowout by that point.