Would Hawks sign Mark Sanchez?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
BlueTalon":c01wm2iw said:
I literally snorted when I saw the thread title.
It was from inhaling in excitement so hard, wasn't it? You can admit it. You're among friends.

*gets ready to point & laugh*

BlueTalon

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2q0t7y54 said:
BlueTalon":2q0t7y54 said:
I literally snorted when I saw the thread title.
It was from inhaling in excitement so hard, wasn't it? You can admit it. You're among friends.

*gets ready to point & laugh*
It was more incredulity than excitement, though the potential hilarity of this thread did nudge my excitometer.

(With friends like that, who needs comedians?)

Lady Talon

Reaction score
I would rather start Blitz or whatever our mascot is called at QB in full costume than to see Sanchez signed as even a ball boy on our team. I'd rather see Tim Tebow ffs.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Lady Talon":2cy2qu6f said:
I would rather start Blitz or whatever our mascot is called at QB in full costume than to see Sanchez signed as even a ball boy on our team. I'd rather see Tim Tebow ffs.
*snort*

themunn

Reaction score
I wouldn't take him over Jackson, were we to get a trade offer for Jackson that we took though, I wouldn't have any qualms about bringing in Sanchez as a backup though.

It's easy to forget just how bad the rest of that Jets offense is.

randomation

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3iv7ftkg said:
Imagine the troll level if Mark Sanchez won a Super Bowl ring as the 3rd string QB for the Seahawks.

I think the Internet would break.

Even better if he got to come out for last few snaps and had another butt fumble after the hawks were up by 30+ geez now I almost want this to happen, but no thank you.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'd rather see Sanchez come out at the end of the 4th quarter for us in the Super Bowl, and instead of kneeling down per Pete's request, he throws a TD bomb.

Seriously, I would die laughing.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Wartooth":8hxxxynr said:
Arron Curry was a total bust, but he was still a better pick than Sanchize!

I've often wondered what our team would have looked like since 2009 had we taken Sanchez rather than Curry. Would Pete had wrapped his arms around Sanchez? Would Sanchez played just well enough to make us think, as he made the Jets think, that he was our QBOTF? Would we have still drafted Russell Wilson? It's one of those "what would have happened to my life had I turned left instead of right at a certain point in time?"

Back to the OP. Every time a former USC player becomes available, someone starts a rumor that the Seahawks might be interested. It happened with Reggie Bush, with Taylor Mays, and with Matt Leinart. I've been critical of a lot of things Pete has done, but one of them is not a subjective attachment to his former college players. Even if we had a need, which we do not, Sanchez doesn't fit the type of offense Darrell Bevell runs. We have two quarterbacks under contract, and we'll bring in one or two to stand in as training camp fodder. But it will be rookies or one or two year veterans that have the tools to play within Darrell Bevell's offense, which doesn't include Sanchez.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I was driving home, heard Sanchez got cut, and said aloud to myself, "I wonder which one will start the should we sign Sanchez thread?"

Shame on you.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":137ig01g said:
HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO HELL NO
And another big "HELL NO"!!!!

sc85sis

Reaction score
Interesting thing about Mark:

Carl Smith--our current QB coach--was all set to come to USC as the OC in what turned out to be Pete's last year as head coach of the Trojans. In addition to OC duties, the plan (according to what I've heard) was for him to work closely with Mark because Carl felt that Mark hadn't progressed much in a couple of years; the talent was there, but Mark needed some more help to develop it.

Then Mark decided not to listen to his parents or Pete and declared for the draft. Carl decided not to come to USC because Mark was leaving, we got stuck with Jeremy Bates--who didn't understand the college game--and the rest is history.

Don't let the butt fumble thing color your perception. Mark has the tools to be at least a decent QB, and he could be pretty good if he ever gets on the right team, is healthy and hasn't become a head case with David Carr syndrome.

I doubt he comes to Seattle because we simply don't need him.

randomation

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":17i5kcqx said:
I'd rather see Sanchez come out at the end of the 4th quarter for us in the Super Bowl, and instead of kneeling down per Pete's request, he throws a TD bomb.

Seriously, I would die laughing.

oh god Sanchez throwing a TD in the super bowl rofl could only be better if it was tebow.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RiverDog":1s1hynhw said:
Wartooth":1s1hynhw said:
Arron Curry was a total bust, but he was still a better pick than Sanchize!

I've often wondered what our team would have looked like since 2009 had we taken Sanchez rather than Curry. Would Pete had wrapped his arms around Sanchez? Would Sanchez played just well enough to make us think, as he made the Jets think, that he was our QBOTF? Would we have still drafted Russell Wilson? It's one of those "what would have happened to my life had I turned left instead of right at a certain point in time?"

Back to the OP. Every time a former USC player becomes available, someone starts a rumor that the Seahawks might be interested. It happened with Reggie Bush, with Taylor Mays, and with Matt Leinart. I've been critical of a lot of things Pete has done, but one of them is not a subjective attachment to his former college players. Even if we had a need, which we do not, Sanchez doesn't fit the type of offense Darrell Bevell runs. We have two quarterbacks under contract, and we'll bring in one or two to stand in as training camp fodder. But it will be rookies or one or two year veterans that have the tools to play within Darrell Bevell's offense, which doesn't include Sanchez.
Sanchez wouldn't have lasted a year with our offensive lines. His career would have been done after year 1.

Latest posts