Would Hawks sign Mark Sanchez?

RiverDog

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1s5iq1ff said:
RiverDog":1s5iq1ff said:
Wartooth":1s5iq1ff said:
Arron Curry was a total bust, but he was still a better pick than Sanchize!

I've often wondered what our team would have looked like since 2009 had we taken Sanchez rather than Curry. Would Pete had wrapped his arms around Sanchez? Would Sanchez played just well enough to make us think, as he made the Jets think, that he was our QBOTF? Would we have still drafted Russell Wilson? It's one of those "what would have happened to my life had I turned left instead of right at a certain point in time?"

Back to the OP. Every time a former USC player becomes available, someone starts a rumor that the Seahawks might be interested. It happened with Reggie Bush, with Taylor Mays, and with Matt Leinart. I've been critical of a lot of things Pete has done, but one of them is not a subjective attachment to his former college players. Even if we had a need, which we do not, Sanchez doesn't fit the type of offense Darrell Bevell runs. We have two quarterbacks under contract, and we'll bring in one or two to stand in as training camp fodder. But it will be rookies or one or two year veterans that have the tools to play within Darrell Bevell's offense, which doesn't include Sanchez.
Sanchez wouldn't have lasted a year with our offensive lines. His career would have been done after year 1.

The only way Sanchez would have lasted just one year with us or any team would have been if he had suffered a career ending injury. Teams do not give up on #1 draft choices after just one year. Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell got multiple years before their teams threw in the towel on them.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The Rams are apparently interested in Sanchez.

Please, oh please, make it so.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RiverDog":1vmfop3g said:
Sports Hernia":1vmfop3g said:
RiverDog":1vmfop3g said:
Wartooth":1vmfop3g said:
Arron Curry was a total bust, but he was still a better pick than Sanchize!

I've often wondered what our team would have looked like since 2009 had we taken Sanchez rather than Curry. Would Pete had wrapped his arms around Sanchez? Would Sanchez played just well enough to make us think, as he made the Jets think, that he was our QBOTF? Would we have still drafted Russell Wilson? It's one of those "what would have happened to my life had I turned left instead of right at a certain point in time?"

Back to the OP. Every time a former USC player becomes available, someone starts a rumor that the Seahawks might be interested. It happened with Reggie Bush, with Taylor Mays, and with Matt Leinart. I've been critical of a lot of things Pete has done, but one of them is not a subjective attachment to his former college players. Even if we had a need, which we do not, Sanchez doesn't fit the type of offense Darrell Bevell runs. We have two quarterbacks under contract, and we'll bring in one or two to stand in as training camp fodder. But it will be rookies or one or two year veterans that have the tools to play within Darrell Bevell's offense, which doesn't include Sanchez.
Sanchez wouldn't have lasted a year with our offensive lines. His career would have been done after year 1.

The only way Sanchez would have lasted just one year with us or any team would have been if he had suffered a career ending injury. Teams do not give up on #1 draft choices after just one year. Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell got multiple years before their teams threw in the towel on them.
Your first sentence was the point I was making.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Geez, I came in this morning, knowing that there was ZERO chance of anyone actually considering Sanchez to the Seahawks. I mean we have Russell Wilson and TJack just re-signed to stick around as a VERY solid backup option. We even have Daniels as an inexpensive 3rd string option as well. I was actually happy knowing that this would finally NOT be a topic of interest any longer. I guess I was wrong