Would Winning the SB this Season Erase " The Play"

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
What a bunch of melodramatic hyperbole. "Heal the pain" "stab in the heart". Jesus Christ!

Fade

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":36pqvro1 said:
What a bunch of melodramatic hyperbole. "Heal the pain" "stab in the heart". Jesus Christ!

I am jealous of you.

This shit hurt bro.
iu

I got over XL after Wilson's rookie year.

This one isn't going away for a long, long time. It caused a lot of damage to the psyche of the players, coaches, personnel people, fans, and forever altered and ended an era. :cry:

Jville

Reaction score
Fade":45uud9ys said:
UK_Seahawk":45uud9ys said:

I am jealous of you.

This shit hurt bro.
iu

I got over XL after Wilson's rookie year.

This one isn't going away for a long, long time. It caused a lot of damage to the psyche of the players, coaches, personnel people, fans, and forever altered and ended an era. :cry:

Boo-hoo-hoo

Grieve on grieve on ...... but you'll have to pardon the adults in the forum who have long since moved on.

Mojambo

Reaction score
I've flushed it completely.

The only time I ever think about it is when it gets rehashed in some manner. Which is why I'm glad Darrell Bevell is gone even though I, personally, don't think he was the problem with the offense.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I’m much more bitter about XL than XLIX. Maybe it’s because XLIX was on the heals of a win. Back to back would have been phenomenal, but was not meant to be. Yet. XLIX was lost by play on the field whereas XL was stolen by virtue of officiating. That, for me is harder to wrap my mind around and get over. A loss by play on the field is easier to understand and accept than the XL debacle. But hey, thanks to the OP for dredging up Super Bowl loss pain. From here on to be referred to as SBLP.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Everything about being a fan is a choice. The degree to which wins and losses linger in your brain or impact your life is always 100% in your control.

Greenhell

Reaction score
For me, winning the Super Bowl this year would throw that last shovel of dirt on the grave of XLIX. Although not the same team from then, I would feel redemption for my Hawks as a whole.

I recall an interview in Russ' first or second season when he said he wants to win four Super Bowls. He's got three more to go. No better time than the present to fire that back up.

GO HAWKS!

justafan

Reaction score
I was over that play soon after the game.It was unfortunate but I wont sit around crying the rest of my life. It sure as hell doesnt define anybodies level of fandom.

People who cry about that play probably dont enjoy the memories of all the extraordinary luck we had even getting to the red zone on the final play. Including the Packers game and the last bit of luck the team had that year when Kearse caught that ball that fortunately bounce back into his hands. It was a great year with great plays in a huge moments.

I was more disappointed in Brady carving up the D than that 1 play.

I dont believe that play caused the end of an era. Egos,injuries and money ended that era.

I hope the ego enjoys the bay area this time of year.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
justafan":22p3xl9l said:
I was over that play soon after the game.It was unfortunate but I wont sit around crying the rest of my life. It sure as hell doesnt define anybodies level of fandom.

People who cry about that play probably dont enjoy the memories of all the extraordinary luck we had even getting to the red zone on the final play. Including the Packers game and the last bit of luck the team had that year when Kearse caught that ball that fortunately bounce back into his hands. It was a great year with great plays in a huge moments.

I dont believe that play caused the end of an era. Egos,injuries and money ended that era.

This.

I wasn't bothered at all about that game other than the fact that the Hawks lost. What bothers me now is that everybody, and I do mean everybody, feels the need to share their opinion about that play but they almost never seem to have a clue about anything else about that game. Get over it.

Greenhell

Reaction score
justafan":xld2i4np said:

This.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
hawknation2018":2sfuvwxo said:
The obsession with it is really getting old. I feel much less upset about what happened in that game than I did before. Mostly because I am happy and relieved that the team has a new offensive direction that I can believe in.

Honestly I wasn't even that upset. It sucked, but they won the Super Bowl the year before.

Now if they had crapped out in both, imagine how that would feel.

But I'm the guy who never expected the Seahawks to win a Super Bowl, ever. Probably because when I started actually understanding football (middle school years), I had to deal with a franchise that had last won a playoff game when I was a little kid (not old enough to remember) and didn't win another one until I was almost 30. The same franchise who couldn't even get in a playoff game for ten years.

This team has been pretty good for the last 15 years (particularly the last 10). Getting into the playoffs. Winning playoff games. Going to three Super Bowls (and actually winning one). I certainly hope for more but I can only think of one franchise that has had it better than the Seahawks over the same period of time. And last time I checked those guys only had one more Super Bowl win than the Seahawks do since the 2005 season.

So, whatever. The Seahawks lost a Super Bowl nearly four years ago. Lots of fun stuff has happened since that I enjoy.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
It's hard to move forward when looking backward.
I have moved on and look forward to being 2-2 in Superb Owls.

mrt144

Reaction score
The Play is academic at this point. Winning another SB would be its own achievement, not one that balances the scales. And I look forward to that next one!

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I think the cornfields are talking to Pete this year:

"Ease his pain"
"If you rebuild it..."
"Go the distance!"

chris98251

Reaction score
sdog1981":7f78453v said:
Even if the team wins two more Super Bowls you will always know they could have won one more.

Correction, two more or did you forget the Bettis Bowl already.

hannibalking

Reaction score
Already erased for me. I just tell myself that as much as we should have won the Superbowl, Green Bay shouldn’t have blown the NFC Championship game.

reinelt12

Reaction score
hannibalking":1xzrs9ow said:
Already erased for me. I just tell myself that as much as we should have won the Superbowl, Green Bay shouldn’t have blown the NFC Championship game.

This - without the miracle in the NFC Champ Game we would never have been at the SuperBowl in the first place... the feeling I had after that game surpasses that of the previous SuperBowl because we were dead and buried and somehow pulled out a miracle. Whereas the Superbowl was a routine win that was dead and buried seconds after half time.

Fade

Reaction score
They kept bringing Cabevell back year after year. That is what makes it hurt more.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Fade":c37dvjw8 said:
They kept bringing Cabevell back year after year. That is what makes it hurt more.

The two of them should both be handing me Big Macs through a window.