Would You Rather? Bennett vs Greg Hardy.

Largent80

Reaction score
Natethegreat":m53n1bzc said:
How is Bennet more versatile? Hardy is by far a better run stopper and is by far a better pass rusher. This isn't even a contest. The only problem is I doubt the Panthers would ever let him hit the open market. Drastic homerism going on here.

Says the guy with a Nate Burleson tagline. Try spelling his name correctly while you give yourself an anurism. And why the hel;l do you guys think Hardy is available, and would J.S. and P.C even want the guy.....Geniuses?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Hardy is obviously an elite player and way more valuable than Michael Bennett. This isn't even a debate. The only reason I wouldn't sign him is because Seattle has its own homegrown elite players to sign. Am I going to let Greg Hardy cost me Earl Thomas or Richard Sherman? No.

If I'm Team C (not SEA/not CAR) with unlimited cap, then I'm targeting Hardy, not Bennett. If, however, the team is up against the cap, Bennett might be a better "bang for the buck" proposition. But the numbers aren't right. Bennett isn't getting close to $10M/yr on the open market wheras $13M/yr is probably close to what Hardy will command (if not conservative).

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
DavidSeven":38x6dzy7 said:
Hardy is obviously an elite player and way more valuable than Michael Bennett. This isn't even a debate. The only reason I wouldn't sign him is because Seattle has its own homegrown elite players to sign. Am I going to let Greg Hardy cost me Earl Thomas or Richard Sherman? No.

If I'm Team C (not SEA/not CAR) with unlimited cap, then I'm targeting Hardy, not Bennett. If, however, the team is up against the cap, Bennett might be a better "bang for the buck" proposition. But the numbers aren't right. Bennett isn't getting close to $10M/yr on the open market wheras $13M/yr is probably close to what Hardy will command (if not conservative).

What does that have to do with Punkinpuss or Mush mouse?

BlueBlood

Reaction score
bigcc":brm00k18 said:
NorthDallas40oz":brm00k18 said:
I have grave concerns that Hardy's production could really dip after he gets his new deal (think Albert Haynesworth)

Based on what exactly?

Thats how I feel about Bennett

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":26mgizoa said:
Because like Kearly said... Hardy is an ELITE PLAYER... if I want the team to reward 10+ million per year investment in a player... I'd rather it be for ELITE PLAYER who is also bigger and younger.

These hypothetical exercises would be a lot funner if people can just look at the question being asked rather than throw in their own variables that really have nothing to do with what is being asks and just complicates everything

I don't care what Kearly says quite frankly. His price tag is way too add which makes this exercise ridiculous. We won't be paying 10 million/ year per Bennett. First, this 1 report is unsubstantiated. 2nd, I'd be shocked if we paid over 8 million for, we'll have to wait and see.

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
DavidSeven":118cg62x said:

We obviously don't know what Bennett is going to command, if he wants $10 mil per... there are a lot of teams, that need to use a lot of money to reach the cap spending floor. I could definitely see a team like the Jags shell out 10+ for Bennett. Or the Raiders perhaps who love to give versatile D-Linemen big contracts.

In the best possible scenario, Hardy would likely cost the Seahawks Bennett + resigning one of McDonald or Tate.

I just feel if Bennett would take about $8-9 mil per year, he'd already be re-signed as a Seahawk for the next 3 to 4 years.

plyka

Reaction score
Penman96":1lkc1z8t said:
Greg Hardy in a heartbeat. He's probably the best DE in football.

Obviously correct. The only boards this conversation is even being debated on as though it is a real debate, are the seahawks boards and Bennett's mom's personal blog. And I heard she said: "in the end I gotta take hardy."