Trading down. How would you play it?

GemCity

Reaction score
Carolina is willing to move up to #5 to take C.J. Stroud who is still on the board.

*EDITED* For a more realistic trade.

They are offering their 1st round picks in 2023 & 24, plus a 2023 2nd rounder.

Would you take it?
Yep

QWERTY

Reaction score
Carolina is willing to move up to #5 to take C.J. Stroud who is still on the board.

*EDITED* For a more realistic trade.

They are offering their 1st round picks in 2023 & 24, plus a 2023 2nd rounder.

Would you take it?
Of course

Fade

Reaction score
Yes but to get that much another team would also have to REALLY like stroud (or our front desk are very convincing at bluffing it)
Tepper is desperate for a QB.

His options are to do a deal like I've proposed, or to waste amother year to position himself to draft one in 2024.

I like the Seahawks chances to get a nice little draft haul from some team, with the #5 pick.

OP
OP
Chuckwow

Chuckwow

Reaction score
So many great posts in this thread offering so many options. Can't wait for April. Like you all, I just hope our guys don't get cute or splashy. I'm a huge fan of Quentin Johnston but I don't want us taking him unless we plan to trade (let's say) DK Metcalf. No, I am not suggesting we do that or at least I won't admit that here for fear of major backlash (lol). But I sure wouldn't be shocked if the always on a quest to be the smartest guy(s) in the room selected him. We've seen it before. Ugh.

I am one that definitely believes we need to upgrade the QB position. But I had made up my mind that I don't want any of the big 3 (plus Richardson) in this draft. By now you know I have a man crush on Drake Maye (next year). BUt I have a lot of respect for several posters in here prepared to jump all over Stroud. So I actually stayed awake last night, cuz I'm sick in the head, reconsidering Stroud. In reality, there's not much to not like about the kid but I keep going back to OSU QBs and their ridiculous supporting cast(s). But is Stroud the exception? I'd sure hate to miss out on him if he is. I have a feeling more sleepless nights are in my future.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I had liked Johnson, but that National Championship game made me think, is he too soft for a bigger receiver? Let’s be honest, Lockett won’t play for ever, the end is sooner rather than later.