Would you? Rex Ryan Seahawks D coordinator...

OrFan

Reaction score
No thanks. Anyone dumb enough to have a Sanchez tattoo can go somewhere else.

In my opinion both he and his brother are bad for the NFL.

Tical21

Reaction score
Although putting Bruce in an OLB role in a 3-4 would be intriguing, we just don't have the pieces. Smith and Wright are both FA's, and I don't think either one of them fit inside or outside in a 3-4. We just signed a 4-3 DE in Bennett to pretty big money. We would then let Avril walk. Switching from a 4-3 to a 3-4 can be a pretty hefty transition, and I don't know that you want to do that during the stage we're at in our development as a franchise. I actually like Rex. I think he's gotten a bit of a raw deal with his rosters. But we've got a 63 year old head coach that is a defensive mind, and I would guess he isn't too interested in learning a new defensive philosophy at this point.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Tical21":3rauwwqd said:
Although putting Bruce in an OLB role in a 3-4 would be intriguing, we just don't have the pieces. Smith and Wright are both FA's, and I don't think either one of them fit inside or outside in a 3-4. We just signed a 4-3 DE in Bennett to pretty big money. We would then let Avril walk. Switching from a 4-3 to a 3-4 can be a pretty hefty transition, and I don't know that you want to do that during the stage we're at in our development as a franchise. I actually like Rex. I think he's gotten a bit of a raw deal with his rosters. But we've got a 63 year old head coach that is a defensive mind, and I would guess he isn't too interested in learning a new defensive philosophy at this point.

Exactamundo.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":1ds9lvhl said:
Geez you all saying yes are crazy. He's taken a team that was a playoff contender and went to the AFC championship game and has turned them into a dumpster fire, all the while running his big mouth and causing controversies. Someone earlier said it best. He's a clown.

Yeah but some coaches are just not good head coaches but great assistants. I didn't even know Rex until he became the jets HC. From what I've heard and read he was an excellent DC at Baltimore.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Not a chance.

He is the polar opposite of Carroll schematically. It just wouldn't work.

lobohawk

Reaction score
It is intriguing, as Rex's defense has generally been pretty good. Especially in light of the dumpster fires of their offense.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I think he is a very good defensive coach but I don't see him co existing with and running Pete's defense. I'm sure he could pick it up I just don't think his ego would allow him to. As a head coach he made bad personel decisions and he strikes me as the opposite of the "always compete" mantra.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
I don't think he is quite the fit. Besides, everyone remember - Pete is the defensive co-ordinator in all aspects except game-day play calling and other general organizational things. He has a major say in everything that happens.