Wouldn't expect a blow-out this weekend.

hawksman53

Reaction score
never overlook ANYBODY!!! Remember we lost to the Dolphins and Rams last year

Erebus

Reaction score
The Jags got blown out at home, and the only reason they only gave up 19 points on Sunday was because they were playing the Raiders. Their defense isn't nearly as good as that #9 ranking.

Kakaww

Reaction score
If we are on here saying things like "well, Jacksonville actually has a really good defense" after the game, like we have with Carolina, I think we're in trouble. Teams like the Hawks are responsible for piling on bad teams and giving them poor statistical rankings.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I can understand the OP's sentiment but in the NFL you never give less than 100%, doing so causes losses and injury. I expect 34-0 or similar.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3hq3ma5t said:
Just my opinion/theory...

I realize Jacksonville is just not very good. No offense to the organization or their fans (Seahawks fans have no rational reason to dislike the Jaguars, we have no real history to speak of that I know of) but this should be an easy win. I realize 'any given sunday' and 'parity' and yadda yadda but there's just no way we lose at home to a team in their position of admitted rebuilding. I hope no Jacksonville fans visiting our forum read this and think it comes off as trash-talk or pity. Their team is simply at step 1 of a rebuild. That's just how it goes sometimes.

However I also wouldn't look for this to be a slaughter, either. If your'e looking for our offense to look amazing, this won't be the game. Please don't come here after a mediocre statistical day and act like the sky is falling.

1.) Injuries - there's no reason to go all-out here. Our game plan should be conservative. I see a LOT of runs in our future. This could mean several 3-and-outs as we try to just minimize the amount of plays. Expect a lot of Turbin. Possibly an extra helping of Michael. Don't expect prolific passing plays where we're sending our guys over the middle or anything.

2.) Still missing key players at positions that set up big plays. Pass rushers are missing. Okung will be out. The kinds of players that keep the framework of the offense and defense intact won't be on the field, adding even more reason to play a conservative game.

3.) Nothing to prove - I don't believe in the "emotional let down" factor very much. The idea that professional athletes are emotionally depleted after a big game like the one on sunday and therefore won't be fully into their next opponent just seems silly to me. But this team is going to be very confident going into a game against an opponent whom would likely admit they are outmatched. There will not be a lack of motivation, but there may be a lack of urgency to create the kinds of chaos we are used to seeing. Our defense is nasty. They talk a lot and try to get in the heads of their opponents. I don't see them doing that to a team that they know they have outmatched.

4.) Gus Bradley - I don't see us abusing a team that he's trying to rebuild just to prove anything to anyone.

The point spread on the game is 20 points. There's a lot of talk about how we should destroy these guys. I think there might be a little disappointment from fans here if we don't come out and put up another 58-0 type game. Don't set yourself up to be let down. I think this game will be ultra-conservative with an emphasis on winding down the clock. We'll probably settle for many field goals. Don't feak out of that's the case. We have a tough couple of early road games to prepare for.

My prediction:

Seahawks 22 Jacksonville 6

Gee, thanks Mom! You saved me fragile pyche. :mrgreen:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Lieutenant Dan":2cqdwnco said:
Eh...I would really like to see our offense use this as an opportunity to tune up the offense and establish a good rhythm. If it's humming along, get off the gas in the later part of the second half and give the subs a run if the lead is safe.

Did you happen to read the little tidbit about Okung being out? Little Russ's blind side will have terrible protection. Yeah, we'll just be 'fine tuning' some minor issues and come out if this game firing on all cylinders. Did you forget the sarcasm emoji? :-?

w00t

Reaction score
if this team practices what they preach ("one game at a time") then they will do what they do best and not overlook the jags.

Apeman00

Reaction score
Isn't every game a championship game? I agree with your reasoning, however doing that might be sending a wrong message to the players.

Hamhawk

Reaction score
as a football team you are always trying to improve,....if you don't give your opponent respect and play hard with a well thought out game plan, you aren't going to improve, and in the NFL you can easily end up losing,....
PC will have the team ready,....Hawks by 4+ TDs

Uncle Si

Reaction score
So many cliches in this thread... its really quite awesome.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Apeman00":3pi0t8nz said:
Isn't every game a championship game? I agree with your reasoning, however doing that might be sending a wrong message to the players.

I'm not sure how simply calling more runs than you normally might to shorten the game even more than you normally would would send the wrong message to the players.

Running the ball and shortening the game are two goals of this team, and of any championship caliber team.

I agree with a lot of folks here though and something I didn't weight as much as I should have was the ability of our defense and special teams to make plays. They could very well turn it into a blow out. Our three blow-outs last year were due in large part to those factors.

I just get the feeling that those of us here who spend all week discussing and over-analyzing the team ( like I have here) might feel like something is amiss with the team if we don't come out and win 70-0, and I just don't want to have to come here and read about how we 'played down' to a team we should beat if we don't obliterate them. Tough road trip coming up.