WR Davante Adams visiting

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":1uej1gh8 said:
Seafan":1uej1gh8 said:
This team has enough #2 & #3 type WRs. If the tier 2 guys aren't available the Hawks should pass on these others.

I cannot express how much I hate the notion of #1 receiver. Give me a team full of #2s and a QB/system to distribute the ball to whichever one is left most open.

If you named the 10 #1 receivers in the NFL, I would feel safe in betting that 8 of those players teams didn't make the playoffs. I pulled this from a top 10 WR thread elsewhere since I simply refuse to get into the notion that a #1 receiver is ever necessary or even translates to team success ever. This isn't the 90s NFL. Looking for a #1 receiver is as antiquated as looking for a feature running back of the 2000s.

1. Calvin Johnson
2. AJ Green
3. Andre Johnson
4. Larry Fitzgerald
5. Brandon Marshall
6. Dez Bryant
7. Demayrius Thomas
8. Julio Jones
9. Josh Gordon
10. Antonio Brown

#1 receivers to elevate their team to the postseason in bold. I'm more than comfortable with the proven track record over the last 8 years of postseason football that shows #1 receiver is even less predictive of postseason qualification than a feature back is.

I think this is generally true. Although several of those players have spent time in the postseason.

I think the bigger problem with our WR's is that we need a bit more size.